Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Tyrone will not be beaten by any of the teams next week. Galway might grind Mayo down. Cavan would give Mayo a game but lose in a close one. Draw is massive really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Because between the media wankery every year and what their players get away with on a regular basis, I do not like them in the slightest.

Nobody else here has any opinion at all on any other team than the county they're from? Would you go away with that ****e, of course they do. That has to be the single thickest argument I have ever seen on here.

No.. the single thickest argument is wishing a misfortune like that on any county's players. That's just bad. You should really take a long hard look at yourself and how you're thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

[QUOTE=Strabanimal;110564808
    No idea what you mean by last september .[/QUOTE]

Last September, oh small matter of a final maybe, have you forgotten :)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Strabanimal

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Last September, oh small matter of a final maybe, have you forgotten :)

Weirdly you ignored my first point there. If you mean the final I posted during it so make it a bit more obvious next time. As youre a mexican sellout you didnt do nothing for us that we did for you that youre bragging about. God you must feel like complete and utter sellouts. Has the British Queen visited you since sellout?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭munster87

It’s hotter in here than it is outside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My stab at the round 4 draw

Tyrone vs Cork
    Mayo vs Galway
    Laois vs Cavan
    Clare vs Meath

Bar the top one they'd all be worth seeing. Wouldn't be sold on Cork despite last week, Tyrone would destroy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Bar the top one they'd all be worth seeing. Wouldn't be sold on Cork despite last week, Tyrone would destroy them.

Is it round robin in the next round or are teams out after one defeat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭munster87

Still straight knockout

There's a draw Monday morning for 4 more knockout games and the groups are next.

https://twitter.com/fotoole13/status/1145056754146926598?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

One off knockout in neutral venue. Provincial runners up v winners from yesterday.

Losers are finished for the summer and winners progress to round robin quarterfinals/Super 8s/All Ireland series/whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Weirdly you ignored my first point there. If you mean the final I posted during it so make it a bit more obvious next time. As youre a mexican sellout you didnt do nothing for us that we did for you that youre bragging about. God you must feel like complete and utter sellouts. Has the British Queen visited you since sellout?

What the **** are you ranting about?

Mexicans..ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Thanks collied and oldmrbrennan and munster87

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

Between lads wishing injury on amateur players and poor auld Collie being accused of being a Mexican reading back through the thread has been "interesting"
    How about that 2019 AI Senior Football championship huh?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not sure I follow you Ted....

Was being facetious mostly, but seen as you take it seriously, seems to me that SF do more Queen and general Windsor worrying than anyone else. and they have accepted Partition..

But, back to the football. As regulars here know, I generally have a high view of Tyrone, but think they have slipped behind your neighbours to the west. but perhaps not by much. Remains to be seen next time they play a good team, which probably won't be until the 8s.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Backs out of thread very, very slooooooowly.......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Mod: OK. So things got a little out of hand last night. Cards and bans have been handed out. So I'd like to advise posters to remember the main rule of the entire site, and that is "Don't be a dick". Report posts that cross the line. And, for the love of god, don't reply to these posts with personal abuse!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So the draw tomorrow then......

Neutral venue so no need to worry about who's out first so I assume bowl 1 will be drawn first, by my reckoning

Cavan can get Clare, Laois, Mayo or Tyrone, hard to think of a neutral venue for many of those match ups.

Cork can also get anyone of Clare, Laois, Mayo or Tyrone, I'd imagine neutral venues could be Limerick for Clare, Laois or Mayo, not sure about Tyrone maybe Ennis or Limerick or Portlaoise?

Galway gets anyone again or Clare, Laois, Mayo or Tyrone, I'd imagine a toss of the coin for Clare or Mayo could be an option???

Meath can get Clare, Mayo or Tyrone, again not sure of a fair neutral ground there.

Would it be possible to have 2 double headers next weekend?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Meath v Clare/Mayo would probably be Tullamore or Portlaoise. Tyrone would likely be Cavan or Clones.
    If we do draw Tyrone, it'd be our 7th qualifier game in the last 8 that we've been drawn against an Ulster team (4 of those being Tyrone). We've lost every one of the previous games. I think every Meath fan is resigned to drawing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭C__MC

More then likely croker will be used but could be a concert on

Just want to add, John sugre has done a fine job with laois. Back to back promotions, back to back last 12 appearances as well. They probably won't do much next week but he has laois football in a good state

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Clareman wrote: »

Galway gets anyone again or Clare, Laois, Mayo or Tyrone, I'd imagine a toss of the coin for Clare or Mayo could be an option???

Meath can get Clare, Mayo or Tyrone, again not sure of a fair neutral ground there.

Would it be possible to have 2 double headers next weekend?

I'd say if Galway got Mayo, logically the neutral venue should be the Hyde? It could form a double header with Clare vs cavan, or Clare vs meath.

Some sour grapes from eamon fitz on mayo in the examiner yesterday, bizarre stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Oh but he has an affinity with Mayo don't you know (because he spent his summer holliers there as a chisler FFS) but then proceeds to put the boot in. Hilarious stuff !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭HBC08

RMAOK wrote: »
    I'd say if Galway got Mayo, logically the neutral venue should be the Hyde? It could form a double header with Clare vs cavan, or Clare vs meath.

Hyde park is a dilapidated dump and not big enough for Mayo on their own never mind a double header

They'd surely bring Galway Mayo to Croke Park as the second game in a double header.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

They'd surely bring Galway Mayo to Croke Park as the second game in a double header.

Maybe - they'd get the crowd to travel from mayo. Not as sure about the Galway crowd at the moment tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Hyde Park holds more people than attended Mayo/Armagh game yesterday and has best surface outside Croke Park.

Westlife are playing CP next week so no games there

RMAOK wrote: »
    Maybe - they'd get the crowd to travel from mayo. Not as sure about the Galway crowd at the moment tbh.

They probably wouldn't. They didn't bother last year for round robin games and they were on a far higher ebb going into them.

Mayo v Cork and Galway vs Clare in Limerick could work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭HBC08

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Hyde Park holds more people than attended Mayo/Armagh game yesterday and has best surface outside Croke Park.

Westlife are playing CP next week so no games there

Hyde park has a capacity of 20k.There were officially 18.5k at Mayo game yesterday (as usual the actual attendance was higher) So a bigger crowd for the next game as it round 4,then whatever Galway bring plus neutrels......plus another round 4 game with 2 more teams! Hahaha!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement