Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

How silly was John Heslin.A very costly black card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

cjmc wrote: »
    Just watching the Mayo / Armagh highlights. The two goalkeepers were the difference. Armagh will be kicking themselves they let this one go.

That last effort gets worse every time you see it

Between that, the criminal foul on mcloughlin, and the two goal chances, they'll kick themselves as right.

For mayo it's hard to see any team being as forgiving from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

jr86 wrote: »
    That last effort gets worse every time you see it

Between that,the criminal foul on mcloughlin, and the two goal chances, they'll kick themselves as right.

For mayo it's hard to see any team being as forgiving from now on

That was a really nasty stamp.Red card all day.

Fair play to Kevin Mc,he made nothing of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

My draw prediction:
    Cavan vs Clare
    Cork vs Laois
    Galway vs Mayo
    Meath vs Tyrone

seligehgit wrote: »
    That was a really nasty stamp.Red card all day.

Fair play to Kevin Mc,he made nothing of it.

Yeah it was indeed, only just saw that this evening

But I was referring to the foul when cillian was lining up the free from 60 yards out - which I'd doubt he'd have gotten

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Does anyone know what the H&S issues are that clones is reduced to 29k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

I'd like to get Clare as a first time championship meeting, but it's probably written in the stars that we'll get Tyrone.

Just looking back over the last 10 years of games, and 2011 was the only year where a Tyrone-Meath qualifier pairing was possible but didn't come out of the draw. The last 3 times Meath could have drawn Tyrone, it has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

good to see clare footballers climbing the rte pecking order it all depends on the commentator , for years it has always been john kenny , we have moved up a notch with darren frehill the dream is one day maybe ger canning or even the elusive darragh moloney would commentate one of our games :pac:

rte commentators pecking order

John kenny : division 3 or 4 level has nothing to do since the league of ireland moved to friday nights

darren frehill : sounds like he misses his days in tv3 not the same without brian kerr division 3 level or bad division 2

Garry Mac Donncha : top commentator but only better in irish mid table division 2 area

Marty Morrissey : should be below john kenny but has something on rte , knows more about a players hobby or nickname then tactics or systems , know's every townland in the country .........should be presenting nationwide
    division 1 / all ireland semi final level

Ger Canning : top drawer george hamilton level , tries to sound posh for some reason , all ireland final level only top teams in the country get the honour

Darragh Moloney : like the current all ireland champions ......never leaves the capital for a game :pac: there to keep the fair weather supporters interested until the charity shield in august :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

They'd surely bring Galway Mayo to Croke Park as the second game in a double header.

Concerts in Croker next Friday and Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭RedDevil55

roadmaster wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the H&S issues are that clones is reduced to 29k?

Probably to do with how fast people can get in and out. I believe MacHale Park in Castlebar has been reduced to something similar even though another 5k could fit in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

I'd like to get Clare as a first time championship meeting, but it's probably written in the stars that we'll get Tyrone.

Just looking back over the last 10 years of games, and 2011 was the only year where a Tyrone-Meath qualifier pairing was possible but didn't come out of the draw. The last 3 times Meath could have drawn Tyrone, it has happened.

i think clare would be an ideal draw for meath , we just struggle every time we play ye with the pace of cillian o'sullivan and james mcintee and brian menton always seems to get the better of gary brennan , brian mcmahon also plays his best games against us his father is a clare man .....they must not get on :p

personally i was delighted meath got promoted to division 1 so we dont have to play ye next year .....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭HBC08

RedDevil55 wrote: »
    Probably to do with how fast people can get in and out. I believe MacHale Park in Castlebar has been reduced to something similar even though another 5k could fit in.

Health and safety reducing provincial grounds a lot in the last few years .Was in Newbridge last year for Mayo game....could easily hold 15k but reduced to 8.5k,clones and Machale park both could hold 38k but reduced to 29k each.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

HBC08 wrote:
    Hyde park is a dilapidated dump and not big enough for Mayo on their own never mind a double header
    So is every other pitch in Connacht. You want Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Cork v Laois
    Meath v Clare
    Cavan v Tyrone
    Galway v Mayo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Cavan Tyrone ****ing hell I knew it. Suits the GAA aswell with Cavan Tyrone U20s next weekend. Goodbye Cavan we had a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

PTH2009 wrote: »
    My stab at the round 4 draw

Tyrone vs Cork
    Mayo vs Galway
    Laois vs Cavan
    Clare vs Meath

2 out of 4 right not bad lol

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tyrone have the best super 8 route now :(
    Tough for mayo next weekend and beyond if they make it

There has been a LOT of negativity in Galway about them
    But
    Nothing will bring everyone together like facing a wounded mayo team

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cork, Meath, Tyrone, and Mayo to make it through.

Be interesting to see how much momentum plays a part in Meath v Clare. Super opportunity for both there. While Cork should beat Laois it's certainly not beyond the latter

Best 4 teams in other two matches. Tyrone will do what they have to and I fancy Galway to do enough aswell tbh

Tyrone probably the best chance of making a semi out of the qualifiers

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Super 8s

Dublin
    Roscommon
    Cork or Laois
    Cavan or Tyrone

Kerry
    Donegal
    Galway or Mayo
    Meath or Clare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cavan Tyrone ****ing hell I knew it. Suits the GAA aswell with Cavan Tyrone U20s next weekend. Goodbye Cavan we had a good run.

More time to yourself to watch Netflix though. There's always a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

No one can argue about fixes now I think. 2nd time that the 4 strongest teams in the draw meet each other.

robbiezero wrote: »
    No one can argue about fixes now I think. 2nd time that the 4 strongest teams in the draw meet each other.
    The likes of Cork have done **** all and will probably be in the Super 8s. And get hammered by Dublin. They need to level out the playing field they have a massive advantage over Ulster teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The likes of Cork have done **** all and will probably be in the Super 8s. And get hammered by Dublin. They need to level out the playing field they have a massive advantage over Ulster teams.

The luck of the draw!

I don't think it's a good draw we'll have rubbish like Meath and Cork/Laois in the super 8s. Cork have terrible support as well they won't even bring an atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

If I had a tinfoil hat, I'd be curious about the 'blockbuster' games that we've been having in each round.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Cork and Galway have done nothing and are 1 away from Super 8. All Ireland needs to be separated completely from provincial championship.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Cork and Galway have done nothing and are 1 away from Super 8. All Ireland needs to be separated completely from provincial championship.
    I agree but at least Galway are a division 1 side and might make it competitive. Cork offer nothing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Happy days! We've seemed to have something on Clare over the last few seasons. However, no Leinster final loser has won their next qualifier game since Kildare in 2009. Clare will definitely fancy their chances. But honestly, it'll be a massive disappointment if we don't make the super 8s.

Interesting to see where the game will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

Cork's route to the quarters will have been hilariously easy if they beat Laois.

Get relegated from division 2, beat the team who came second last in division 4, lose to Kerry then beat a division 3 team. And into the last 8 of the championship.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement