Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 All Ireland Senior Football Championship *Mod note: Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭C__MC

No

Unlikely Tyrone have owned them for many a game
    I remember the 2016 semi where Tyrone hammered them

If galway can't muster pride tomorrow at least, they should forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Noelmcgov28

C__MC wrote: »
    Unlikely Tyrone have owned them for many a game
    I remember the 2016 semi where Tyrone hammered them

That game went to a replay though. Cavan are playing their 4th game in a row in Clones. I wouldn't write them off completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That game went to a replay though. Cavan are playing their 4th game in a row in Clones. I wouldn't write them off completely.

They were weary against Donegal and didn't play the football they can.

I expect them to at least put a good fight up. Looking forward to going as a neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I expect them to at least put a good fight up. Looking forward to going as a neutral.

As a Monaghanman can you really be neutral at a Cavan match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭dobman88

Or a Tyrone match surely? If you're at a Tyrone match you're not a neutral. You're either for or against them

I'm bigger than that Bonnie. :)

Teams like cavan Monaghan roscommon kildare have an inferior complex when playing Tyrone

Tyrone are no world beaters but they have to much cuteness for these teams

Records over the years prove this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I'm bigger than that Bonnie. :)

No you're not. :)

No you're not. :)

Dum de dum de dum de dum. .... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭doc_17

I’d say Tyrone will beat them Cavan and the handicap quite easily.

I think Laois Cork is 50/50, Meath should beat Clare and I’d fancy Galway it f they get a good start to blow the cobwebs of that horrendous second half against Roscommon. The games are all intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

doc_17 wrote: »
    I’d say Tyrone will beat them Cavan and the handicap quite easily.

I think Laois Cork is 50/50, Meath should beat Clare and I’d fancy Galway it f they get a good start to blow the cobwebs of that horrendous second half against Roscommon. The games are all intriguing.

In the Ulster final Galligan had a nightmare day with his kick-outs and free taking. His kick-outs especially put huge pressure on Cavan. He is normally much better than that, and for me one of the reasons Cavan made it to an Ulster final was him regularly finding his man short, or long when the opposition pressed up.

Tyrone against Donegal in the semi-final were average enough in midfield so if Galligan can get his act together I would fancy Cavan to give Tyrone a game.
    It will be interesting to see which game plan Tyrone go with. Will they stick to the game plan they have reverted to since losing to Donegal knowing it is not good enough to win an AI, or will they vary it a bit more with long early ball in to their full forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I think Cavan are a better team than they showed against Donegal as well, but being an Ulster man myself, for a Monaghan man remaining neutral at a Cavan v Tyrone championship match must be as close a definition of between a rock and a hard place as you could get.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,121 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

C__MC wrote:
    Teams like cavan Monaghan roscommon kildare have an inferior complex when playing Tyrone
    If this was the case Dublin would have a lot less All-Irelands because Kerry had their numbers for years. Roscommon would have been out of the Connacht championship because Mayo have had their number so often, Cavan wouldn't have beaten Monaghan.
    Things change as players and coaches change, this crazy belief some people have that young lads playing inter-county football will believe that another team has their number is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,707 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

charlie14 wrote: »
    I think Cavan are a better team than they showed against Donegal as well, but being an Ulster man myself, for a Monaghan man remaining neutral at a Cavan v Tyrone championship match must be as close a definition of between a rock and a hard place as you could get.:)

I know plenty of Monaghan men who will be shouting for Cavan today.
    They’re not a bad bunch to work with, very sound actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭blowitupref

C__MC wrote: »

I think the Irish news recently described Tyrone as flat track bullies because of the major conditioning advantage they have over teams. When they come up against similar conditioned teams however that advantage becomes no longer.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I think the Irish news recently described Tyrone as flat track bullies because of the major conditioning advantage they have over teams. When they come up against similar conditioned teams however that advantage becomes no longer.

Tyrone have good footballers, the conditioning BS is usually thrown out by people who don't like them. The same people probably said the same thing about their 3 AI team, I think they wrapped it up as unable to do two in a row.

Brolly getting a bit of a roasting all over Clones today after his comments during the week. :)

https://www.facebook.com/GAAhoganstand/photos/a.184577488229975/2448906238463744/?type=3&theater

65954627_2448906241797077_5767144250978336768_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmTkTyjep02mKWrv3eKuEEIKSWMsYzzIPUo0VWPrEs_Y2IpQv02zItHi1ZxNBHv2CU&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a8697fa09fd6b21a451dedc00e018590&oe=5DB25984

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Brolly getting a bit of a roasting all over Clones today after his comments during the week.

Deserves every bit of it and his article wasn't even accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Stoner wrote: »
    Tyrone have good footballers, the conditioning BS is usually thrown out by people who don't like them. The same people probably said the same thing about their 3 AI team, I think they wrapped it up as unable to do two in a row.

The journalist that wrote that article is normally spot on with his analysis. The top few teams that played in the business end of the championship have serious conditioning and Tyrone are normally caught in the early stages of the championship than July or August. 3 or 4 week breaks before games doesn't suit them either.

Their 3 AI teams lets be honest had many good players in key positions.

• Advertisement

Deserves every bit of it and his article wasn't even accurate.

Yep...he is a dangerous tool and I wonder was there a wee incentive for him from Casement supporters.

The local GAA run no carparks and most of the big carparks are run for local charities. Very unfair lies tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Laois missed an early goal chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

one of the worst umpire calls ive ever seen there. clear point for tyrone

Blanco100 wrote: »
    one of the worst umpire calls ive ever seen there. clear point for tyrone

Sludden and McVeety should be in the dressing rooms tbh.

Tyrone are filthy.

Tyrone are filthy.

McVeety's elbow though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Tyrone are filthy.

In other news, water is wet

That’s not a 45.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Cork starting to take control, Laois pushing hard still though

edit: 6-6 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,121 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Cavan are very slow starters and this is not a game to start slow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement