Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implanon Problems

• 14-04-2019 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Not looking for medical advice, just experiences. After many years on the pill followed by two children I got the Implanon inserted last September. Shortly after the spotting started and got more frequent. I know this is common so I waited months for it to settle and it didn't. Went back to the doctor who said it's common and she prescribed the mini pill for two months. A couple of weeks in and the bleeding has gotten heavier!! Did this happen to anyone and it resolved? I'm wondering should I just cut my losses and go back on the pill I was on for years. I don't care about the lost costs of it, I just thought it would be handier and it's quote frustrating now, especially as I am so overdue for my smear after the two pregnanices and I can't get it done until this stops.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Not Implanon specifically, but my gp suggested I try the pill equivalent of it for a few months first before I went for it. Went for spotting to a 5 week period and then ditched it. Just didn’t suit me.

Vasectomy is my contraception of choice.

Advertisement