Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council Felling of Trees to facilitate 5G roll out

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I ended up arguing with those nut jobs and then realized "why am I aruging with people so f*cking stupid" and just deactivated Facebook again.

Facebook is a swamp of idiots who think they know more than doctors becuase they watched a YouTube video or people who think they know more about 5G than scientists because they watched YouTube. Urghh

There is no point in talking to these people its actually really scary they think like this!,that woman who seems to be the ringleader in all of this is a bit mad in the head and thats putting it mildly....

There is no point in talking to these people its actually really scary they think like this!,that woman who seems to be the ringleader in all of this is a bit mad in the head and thats putting it mildly....

Yup.... I get into it a bit with her and I realized that there is 100% no way of changing her mind. She is just a nut job and thinks these evil companies are out to give her cancer. She has nothing to backup her claims at all and is just talking absolute nonsense. 5G will make people homeless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Have a look at the comments on Wlr's facebook about this,one woman said its going to cause more homelessness because people will have to move out of their homes due to the radiation :eek:

Really? I mean that is more scary than funny. Some people are on a different planet. Absolute space cadets.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Aceso

Saw this up in Tramore recently:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

alta stare wrote: »
    Really? I mean that is more scary than funny. Some people are on a different planet. Absolute space cadets.

Saw the same comment. Could not believe ny eyes with the absurdity of the line of reasoning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

MMDS was going to kill us all 30 years ago, now this. People wearing tun foil hats who know more than everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Forever21

Just wish they’d hurry up & all mobile providers roll out 5g along with 1gb broadbands as I’m fed up of the lads on school & college holidays shouting at each other about broadband being slow as it’s affecting their gaming. The sooner it’s being rolled out the better, I might be allowed to stream Netflix when they’re gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Forever21 wrote: »
    Just wish they’d hurry up & all mobile providers roll out 5g along with 1gb broadbands as I’m fed up of the lads on school & college holidays shouting at each other about broadband being slow as it’s affecting their gaming. The sooner it’s being rolled out the better, I might be allowed to stream Netflix when they’re gaming.

Can't fault Virgins current speed offerings, impressive download speeds, I'm aware some providers still have poor service in some parts of the town

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Oh please - if that was true then every tree in every town and City would be cut down.

That are.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

lertsnim wrote: »
    MMDS was going to kill us all 30 years ago, now this. People wearing tun foil hats who know more than everyone else.

Don't forget GSM!!!

GSM was the big scare years back, now the new scare is 5G.
    I find it more then a little amusing that these same people are happy to post via their 3G/4G device and happy to keep the device on their person practically 24/7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Cabaal wrote: »
    Don't forget GSM!!!

GSM was the big scare years back, now the new scare is 5G.
    I find it more then a little amusing that these same people are happy to post via their 3G/4G device and happy to keep the device on their person practically 24/7.

And i bet a sizable proportion of those also sleep with their phones on with the data and wifi buzzing away right beside their head when in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

5G can be used to create a 3D map of your house inside and out by measuring bounce back rays;
    I dont think a leaf is going to stop it; if it does I'm going to grow ivy on all external walls instead of protesting against the technology

Advertisement