Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES League - Season 6 Fixtures and Results

Options
  • 14-04-2019 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Welcome to Season 6 of the Boards PES 2019 League!

This is a thread to be used for the sole purpose of posting Fixtures & Results throughout the season. All other chat regarding the league shall remain in the original thread: PES 2019 - Boards League Thread

See webpage here for groups and fixtures: Boards PES League

There will be 3 games to be played each week. I will post these fixtures in this thread every Monday.

The rules for this league are fairly straight forward.
    1. The home team will create the match in the Online Friendlies Lobby and invite their opponent. Anyone having trouble with this, let me know.
    2. The home team is responsible for the match set up in terms of settings. Games are to be 12 minutes in length, time set to "Long", maximum of 3 substitutes and the choice of stadium and weather is at the home team's discretion.
    3. This shouldn't be an issue, but if a player quits the game while in a losing position, the match must be replayed with whatever time was left at the time of quitting.
    4. Of course, connection issues may come into play so the same will apply.
    5. If a game begins and is lagging from the beginning, both users can come to a mutual agreement to play again from the start at a different time. You don't have to let me know of this, just post the final result on the thread.
    6. Unsporting conduct is frowned upon so please refrain from hacking down someone when they are through on goal and you are the last man. We're all about Fair Play here :)
    7. Users are free to go Ultra Defensive and use advanced instructions as they see fit. It really doesn't make a huge difference in PES I feel.
    8. When defending a lead, please do not pass it around the back trying to waste time. This will make players lose interest in the league very quickly
    9. If you plan on being on holidays, post in the general chat thread and let your opponents know.
    10. If a user quits the league, walkovers will be given to all past and future opponents in the group.

Division Format

There is only 1 division this season. Each team will play each other twice. The top 4 will qualify for the Champions Cup. There will be no Shield competition this season unless requested.

Posting of Result

Results are to be posted by the home team. If you do not see your result after a week, please post it on the home teams behalf.
    Results should be posted in the following format if possible:

Gameweek 1

Derby (DamoK21) 0-0 Aston Villa (KennyG192)

Then give a little 1 or 2 line match report underneath if you wish.

Please post ONLY results in this thread. All other chat stays in the main thread. It just helps for when I post up results.

So I think that's all that needs to be said. I hope everyone enjoys the league and may the best player win!

P.S. Could everyone please thank this post to show that you have read it and understand the rules

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boards League Gameweek 1 Fixtures

IMG-20190414-212057.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

Gameweek 1

Sheffield Wednesday 1-0 Aston Villa

Smashing game this, end to end stuff with both of us using these teams for the first time. Gary Hooper got on to the end of a Josh Onamah through ball in the first half and finished well. Wednesday then had to dig deep and weather the storm as big Tammy Abraham and Adomah went closest for Villa, with Westwood pulling off some great saves.
    Villa pushed on in the second half in search of the equaliser but only found Westwood in great form once again. Hooper and Bannan hit a post each in the closing stages as Wednesday looked to kill it but managed to hold on in the end for the narrowest of wins. Great game KennyG!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭KennyG192

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Stoke City (Jipo)
    A game of two halves is the phrase to best describe this encounter , villa having joy in the first half with Tammy Abrahams pace proving too much for the stoke back line
    Having gone in two nil done at half time stoke came back fighting Big Sam Vokes leading the charge with afobe out wide causing lots of bother , Stoke would pull one back late on but it would prove just a little too late and Villa would hang on for their first win of the campaign
    Well played Jip great game
    Team selection this season is making for cracking games nothing between them

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

(damok21) Derby 2-2 Leeds (Osh)

Derby started off brightly but suffered from some wayward shooting. Leeds settled into the game and would take the lead through Roofe just before half time.

Derby would make some changes at half time and and they proved decisive as substitute waghorn would grab the equaliser and the other substitute king would give Derby the lead. Leeds would go on the attack in search of a goal and that would come when big pontuss jansson would rise higher than the Derby keeper from a late corner and grab Leeds a draw. Leeds could have won it last kick of the game but Roofe hit the post.

Great game this and very enjoyable! Good game Osh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

(osh) Leeds 6-2 Norwich (nslattery)

A decent win but the result flattered me. Norwich had plenty of chances, especially first half but mine were the ones that went in. They actually had more shots than me in the game, and I had a few moments earlier in first half where I was counting my blessings after a few narrow misses.

Went 4-0 up in an eventful first half through Bamford, Harrison, Roofe and Klich before Stiepermann pulled one back for Norwich on 44 mins, and then in injury time Roofe got his second to make it it 5-1 at the break.

Only 2 goals in second half but lots more chances for both sides. Pukki got one for Norwich and then Roofe got his hattrick towards the end. Was close to not starting him due to form too!

gg slattery, scoreline was harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Forest 2 - 3 Leeds

Good game from Osh, every attack from both teams could have ended in a goal, both sets of defenders are ropey. Best moment was when Leeds keeper kicked a ball which somehow hit his own defender, looped right up into the air and almost went in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

West Brom 4 - 2 Stone

Late with this, result last night, dan deserved winner here, took his chances well.

Preston (Colemaniser) 3-1 Norwich (nslattery)

A laggy enough game but first half wasn't too bad. Not much to talk about first half which ended scoreless.

Second half was all about the Irish contingent at Preston as Maguire opened the scoring in the 57th minute after intercepting the defender. Norwich equalised soon after with a bundled in finish from a corner. Preston made some changes and the red form Robinson popped up with a goal after coming on as a sub and almost instantly, Browne was at the end of a flowing passing move to finish off the scoring. The game finished 3-1.

Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Stoke 0-3 Swansea

Easy win here for Swansea going 1 up early through a well goal for Celina, he put a 2nd away before it.
    Rutland saved a penalty in the 2nd half to keep stokes dreams alive for another few mins before N Dyer tacked on a 3rd.

Gg reg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

West Brom 5-3 Sheffield Wednesday

Felt like City v Spurs all over again. Was 2-2 after 21 mins. End to end stuff. West Brom went 3-2 up after 70 mins before Wednesday hit back instantly to level it. 2 quick West Brom goals on 83 and 85 killed the game off. Literally nothing between the teams with my keeper pulling off a couple of brilliant saves.

Good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

Swansea 5 Notts Forrest 0

A very tense first half with a defensive error allowing routeledge to tap in. Half time 1 nil
    Second half opened with another defensive slip making it 2 nil. With Forrest pushing on Swansea caught them on the break 3 more goals including a delightful dink over the keeper.
    Good game meath77

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Forest 2 - 4 Sheffield Wednesday

Gameweek 2

Wednesday 0-6 Leeds

Great game that was closer than it looks! Clinical finishing from Roofe and co, plus a fine goalkeeping calamity for 2-0 set Leeds on their way. Wednesday would have no luck in running with poor finishing and unkind posts to blame! Good game Osh, eagerly anticipating the Elland Road return fixture ha

Swansea 6 Brentford 2

A tight first half which finished 1 A piece opened up after the break with 2 early headers giving Brentford no option other than to push forward, at 4 1 Brentford scored a well worked corner but 2 late goals sealed the win.

Good game david

West Brom 1-4 Brentford

Best team won. Couldn't get the ball and when I did I couldn't keep it. Wasn't much in it stat wise.
    Far better player. Well played.

Boards League Gameweek 2 Fixtures

IMG-20190422-121156.jpg
    IMG-20190422-121224.jpg

Swansea 1 villa 2
    Well deserved win for villa here, grealish with the opener before I clawed 1 back with my first shot on target. Second half was touch and go with 1 on 1s at both ends. Villa hit the crossbar when it looked certain they would score in the 80th min or there abouts villa broke again and a powerful drive condemned Swansea to their first defeat.
    Well played ken good game

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Brentford 3 - 3 Villa

Great game with a late equaliser for me.

Would’ve been fairly sickened tho if I got nothing from the match. Villa’s keeper made a couple of saves at the end of the 1st half that could only happen in a video game!

(kingosh) Leeds 4 - 0 Preston (colemaniser)

Got lucky here in that Preston were in E form. Another hattrick for Roofe, he can't stop scoring, long may it continue :) Went 2-0 up in first 30 mins, and then another 2 goals in first 30 mins of second half, with Harrison getting one of them.

Preston had a good few chances but their poor form didn't help in that regard.

Gg coleman.

Gameweek 2

Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Middleborough

Great game with not much between the two teams. Wednesday went into the break 1-0 up thanks to Gary Hooper, and then I think he doubled the scoring early in the second half for 2-0 (it was late last night can't remember ha). But Boro hot one back with a half hour or so to go to make it nervy for the Wednesday supporters, but they just held on in the end. Good game Niall.

• Advertisement

Derby 4-1Middlesbrough(niallym)

Good game this. Waghorn opened the scoring with a shot from outside the box.
    Boro came close to scoring before jozefzoon would score from a corner. Boro went on the attack in search for a goal but blazed one or two chances over the bar. Jozefzoon would find himself one on one after a lovely pass from Mount to make it 3-0. Waghorn would score another from outside the box to make it 4-0 shortly after half time. Boro went on the attack for the rest of the match and hughill would score with a lovely finish to make it 4-1. Good game Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Middlesbrough (niallym) 5-3 Swansea City (thegifted1dblin)

After losing their opening 2 games the prospect of facing last seasons Champions Cup winner was pretty daunting.
    Boro missed an early chance and Swansea went 1 up through Burnie on 17 minutes and I feared another drubbing by thegifted1. A humdinger of a game with plenty of chances for both sides transpired. A quick fire double for Hugill and Van La Parra put Boro 2-1 ahead, Burnie equalised before Van La Parra got his second to put the home side 3-2 up at the break.
    Chances aplenty continued in the second half, Savile and Howson put Boro 5-2 up and the sense of disbelief in stands was palpable. Boro held on to that lead, and were aware Swansea were never out of it. They got one back in the 87th minute through Dyer, but Boro hung on for a 5-3 victory. A welcome first points. Boro played well, but that's usually nowhere near good enough against this opposition. The crowd filed out, as stunned as the crowd in the Crucible earlier after amateur James Cahill beat Ronnie O'Sullivan.
    Well played thegifted1, great game.

Derby 5- 3 Notts Forest (meath)

This was a mental game. Derby would have some early pressure but Forest would take the lead through Bonatinni. Derby would equalise through marriot who volleyed in from a huddlestone flick on. Then Notts Forest would score two goals courtesy of grabban to shock the home team and go into half time 3-1 ahead with a 100 percent shooting accuracy.

Derby came out all guns blazing second half and waghorn scored to give them hope. Mount would score soon after and that would make it 3 2 game on. Mount would score shortly after for 3-3. Game was nip and tuck until the 85 minute when sub jozefzoon would grab what would be the winner. Nugent added one in extra time. Absolutely great game hard luck meath, well played

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Middlesbrough (niallym) 1-1 Preston (Colemania)

Good game here. Preston went 1 up through Maguire after 18 minutes, Hugill equalised after 31. Tight game with not a lot of clear chances. A draw probably a fair result.
    Good game Colemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Brentford 2 - 0 Middlesbrough

Good game - went 2-0 up early enough. V harsh red for me killed the match as I had to shut-up-shop. Niall couldn’t break me down but no for lack of trying. Good match!

Derby 5-2 Sheffield Wednesday(beaster)

Absolutely nuts game this. End to end stuff with chances everywhere. Wednesday would take the lead through hooper and be leading 1-0 at half time. On or around the 50th minute mark Derby had a purple patch where they would score 4 goals from there next four shots. Wednesday would reply but couldn't find a third which would have put serious pressure on. A few good saves from the Derby keeper helped. Derby tacked on a late goal in injury time.

Great game Stephen.

(Kingosh) Leeds 1-1 Stoke (jipo)

Not on form tonight. Went ahead in first half but other than that there wasn’t a huge amount of chances for either sides.
    Second half could have seen a few more goals but stoke got the only one. Had a flurry of chances late on but couldn’t get the winner. Good game jipo.

Gameweek 3

Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Preston

Crazy game this with nearly more posts hit than passes completed! An own goal which could have very well turned into a hattrick of own goals if it weren't for this very kind (to Wednesday) posts!

Gary Hooper had made it one nil before half time after a half of big chances missed by Seanie Maguire and co. After a good ball into the box from Preston, Hector intercepted with backpass to Kieran Westwood that was savagely overhit and flew past the hapless Irishman for 1-1. Preston pushed on this point but were again cursing their luck as post after post was hit and Westwood became Oliver Kahn-esque, pulling out ridiculous saves from the Preston forwards.

Ten mins to go sibs were made and on came Onomah and big Luis João for Wednesday and the two combined for the winner with 5 mins or so left on the clock. Preston quite possibly hit another post after that, but Wednesday held for a narrow win in a match they could very well have been embarrassed in. Great game Coleman!

West Brom 2-3 Nottingham Forest

93rd minute winner for Forest. Deserved the win on balance of play. Wasn't much in it. Well played.

• Advertisement

Derby 2-1 Brentford (djk)

Great tussle this, djk had the better of the first half and couldn't find a way past my keeper. Both teams cancelled each other out and there wasn't many shots. Second half was the same but djk had a great chance where my keeper pulled off a worldie of a save to keep the game 0-0.

On the 60th minute mark a ball broke luckily in the box to Mason mount who volleyed home to make it 1-0. Derby would hold on for there lives only for brentford to work a glorious 90th minute equaliser for 1-1. Draw would have been fair but I would snatch a cruel 91st minute winner from the resultant tip off. Hard luck Dj

Advertisement