Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fidelma Healy Eames is at it again, no joke

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone know how Emma O'Connell, the lovely fresh Renua Candidate, is getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

<snip, stay on topic and be civil>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say she is running because she was quite vocal against repealing the 8th and she saw the 37% of people who voted against it and she reckoned she could pick up some of that vote. Doesnt seem to be working for her though.

It is either that or she is completely deluded. I wouldn't rule that out either, she definitely has a smack of believing her own sh1te.

Anyway if she does finish on 1% hopefully that will be the last we see of her.

I had the pleasure of talking to a staunch pro-lifer recently. The elections came up in conversation, needless to say that she's voting for Mrs.Eames. Unfortunately for Fidelma, I don't think there's anywhere near enough of them out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had the pleasure of talking to a staunch pro-lifer recently. The elections came up in conversation, needless to say that she's voting for Mrs.Eames. Unfortunately for Fidelma, I don't think there's anywhere near enough of them out there.

Canvassers for her outside of at least two churches last night, banging on about how 'pro life' she is.

*imo not a tasteful thing to mention atm.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

She should fcek off over to Alabama. Be right at home there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah the referendum is over and most people who voted against it have accepted it have moved on. Its only the hard liners like Fidelma who will continue the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

She has a little phonebooth like trailer on the roundabout at the Maldron hotel, catches the eye but more so to wonder what use it had or what use it will have after the elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

She has a little phonebooth like trailer on the roundabout at the Maldron hotel, catches the eye but more so to wonder what use it had or what use it will have after the elections.

Same could be said of FHE herself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Glad to hear she is a bit of a twat.. New to the area and not sure who to vote for. Got loads of flyers in today and had kept three by what they said, one was hers but we agreed to bin it for a few of her statements.. Any thoughts on Peter Casey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Milly33 wrote: »
    Glad to hear she is a bit of a twat.. New to the area and not sure who to vote for. Got loads of flyers in today and had kept three by what they said, one was hers but we agreed to bin it for a few of her statements.. Any thoughts on Peter Casey?

Peter Casey is kinda like the bargain basement version of Nigel farage crossed with Donald trump. His whole campaign is based on saying ****ty things about travellers or immigrants or whatever minority that he can pick on safely and not much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Maybe extend it without planning and get a bit of plumbing done. With wiffy throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,628 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

She had her political broadcast just now on prime time

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

She had her political broadcast just now on prime time

I watched that and OMG!
    "My political career was ended in 2 13", that annoyed me most, moreso than the fact that she didn't memorize her statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So it's a 4 seat constituency. And I can't choose 4 people I want for the representation.

flazio wrote: »
    So it's a 4 seat constituency. And I can't choose 4 people I want for the representation.

Just vote for the ones you like, you dont have to put a no by everyones photo, you could end up voting someone you really dont to.

* I dont mean to assume, but so many ppl asked me this today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Bredabe wrote: »
    Just vote for the ones you like, you dont have to put a no by everyones photo, you could end up voting someone you really dont to.

You should vote all the way down the ticket.
    it pays to vote all the way down the list to maximise the effectiveness of one’s ballot for and against individual candidates.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/why-it-pays-to-vote-all-the-way-down-the-ballot-paper-1.2548241
    Individually, it is true, failing to vote right down through the list has only a marginal effect. But if this sin of omission is repeated on a widespread basis by fellow voters it can actually assist a candidate who you would prefer to see defeated by lowering the effective quota, and making it easier for him/her to reach it. As an election proceeds and the number of non-transferable votes accumulates, the number required to be elected – the effective quota – falls.

Depending on their transfer agreements, voting for say no 5 on your list could get no 9 elected.

Not voting for canditates you dont like should mean their running mates doent get in by transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Bredabe wrote: »
    Depending on their transfer agreements, voting for say no 5 on your list could get no 9 elected.

Not voting for canditates you dont like should mean their running mates doent get in by transfer.

You control where your vote transfers to. You can't control other voters' transfer preferences be that their own choice or one recommended by their party.

If you don't vote all the way down and your vote becomes non-transferable you're essentially letting other people decide.

I'm voting in Dublin and even with the 4 nut cases (Gemma, Ben G, Herman and the Spiritual Father to a few hundred thousand babies) I'll number them 16-19 just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

flazio wrote: »

No worries, if you can't pick the 4 they'll probably ask the rest of us...

I try to fill out the ballot but it does get hard when you haven't a clue who some of the random names are.

Voting is on Friday - counting is on Sunday.
    (Counting for locals is Saturday)

Any predictions for FHE?
    I reckon if no one is elected in the first round it will be a first round elimination for her along with the random independents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

MC Guinness number 1 from me. Saoirse McHugh number 2. I'm still not sure after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭spurshero

I try to fill out the ballot but it does get hard when you haven't a clue who some of the random names are.

Any predictions for FHE?
    I reckon if no one is elected in the first round it will be a first round elimination for her along with the random independents.
    It’s an absolute cert that she will get less then 2 percent and prob less then 1 . I honestly don’t think she would get elected to county council if she had run . Running for Europe she must be not far off delusional . Can’t be cheap running independent campaign .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,118 ✭✭✭✭zell12

GBFM Euros debate was on earlier.
    Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

[\quote]

I heard EE and referendum count will be first on Saturday.
    LE count starting on Sunday unless other two are done quickly, then one city ward might start on Saturday evening.

I must have misheard it on the radio - looking back at the last election you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

zell12 wrote: »
    GBFM Euros debate was on earlier.
    Ugh.

She had a 30 second slot to broadcast her views and she lost the first 10 seconds waffling sh1te.finnegan had to tell her to buck up.
    No doubt about it she’s a professional paddywacker

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

I heard her today, she comes across as a very rude women interrupting the other speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 34,898 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

NTC wrote: »
    I watched that and OMG!
    "My political career was ended in 2 13", that annoyed me most, moreso than the fact that she didn't memorize her statement.

Odd then that she was still a senator until 2016 :rolleyes:

She obviously didn't think she had a chance of getting into the seanad again, so didn't try, which makes going for a Euro seat even more bizarre

Not a good start alienating two-thirds of the electorate straight away in your pitch. Would love to know who is bankrolling her. I reckon most of the other one-third don't think too much of her either so it's not some grassroots wave of donors.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

MC Guinness number 1 from me. Saoirse McHugh number 2. I'm still not sure after that

They appear to be the two best candidates. I'd go for McHugh no 1 though, because as a first time candidate for an unpopular party she'll need a miracle to stay in the race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭spurshero

lion_bar wrote: »

[\quote]

I heard EE and referendum count will be first on Saturday.
    LE count starting on Sunday unless other two are done quickly, then one city ward might start on Saturday evening.

Pretty sure local elections done first

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement