Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer Forum

Options
  • 14-04-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been banned from the soccer forum.

Card 1) Was said in jest, in relation to the news about Ronaldo in relation to a rape trial. I made a joke stating that 'we all thought Serigo Ramos was the biggest scumbag' at Real Madrid. Apprently this was deemed card worthy as personal abuse.

Card 2) This was to due to 'mangling a persons username - the Persons username in question was ''Turtyturd'', my phone autocorrected his name to 'Turdyturd'... Despite Turd being in his name this was apparently card worthy

Card 3) The most ridiculous of them. A poster posted stating Liverpools decline about losing a PPG since a certain period. Another poster (I believe his/her name was Noodler/Noodle or something along those lines) stated that it hadn't changed. Based on what the previous poster stated I said the following

''I assume he's including the loss also! But I may be wrong and poster is just trying to wum''

I have responded to the MOD and stated that had I replaced the word ''WUM'' with 'Agenda'' would I be carded I received no response.

The word agenda is commenly used across the soccer forum for people trolling and no cards are ever delivered. I also have previous PM's of reported posts that were racist and deleted and this was deemed ok by a mod.

My issue is that if you look at my post history at no point is there any trolling or any winding up. Yet constantly fans get away with saying words that are banned(And yes, I report them and nothing is done) yet my posts are carded without question.

Can this be investigated?

Thanks.

Regards,

Shano.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the Dispute Process is to engage with the mod and attempt to sort it out amicably between yourselves.

Have you done this, and if so, what was the outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the Dispute Process is to engage with the mod and attempt to sort it out amicably between yourselves.

Have you done this, and if so, what was the outcome?

Apologies, I forgot to add this in.

Yes the mod stated he/she had no problem with me going to DRP.

Thanks.

You received a forum ban because you accumulated several yellow cards. Therefore in order to have the ban overturned, you will need to appeal the yellow cards themselves. I am assuming that you wish to appeal the last card. Can you please confirm this?

Thanks.

You received a forum ban because you accumulated several yellow cards. Therefore in order to have the ban overturned, you will need to appeal the yellow cards themselves. I am assuming that you wish to appeal the last card. Can you please confirm this?

Yes I wish to appeal the last yellow card.

I was just giving background information as I thought all would be required. I haven't been in this situation before.

Thanks.

Don’t worry, I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

Can you please share the PM conversation with the mod here, or else have them ready to share with the CMod.

• Advertisement

Don’t worry, I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

Can you please share the PM conversation with the mod here, or else have them ready to share with the CMod.

No problem.

My reponse to when I got the yellow card not knowing it was a 2 week ban

''
    Ah lads come on. That's not an accusation. I literally was defending the the poster whilst also stating it's a possibility.

That is absolutely ridiculous.''

''Originally Posted by Shanotheslayer
    Ah lads come on. That's not an accusation. I literally was defending the the poster whilst also stating it's a possibility.

That is absolutely ridiculous.

So to be clear you are saying that a user was possibly trolling?

My reply and response

Originally Posted by Shanotheslayer
    To be clear. I'm stating what I said has no difference to when posters state that other posters have an agenda.

There was no accusation involved. It was a casual discussion were I was stating what the poster likely meant.

There was nothing intentional on my part to accuse somebody of trolling. Considering I'm a poster who doesn't get involved in all of that stuff. This seems very harsh

I have read your post and you have suggested someone is a wum. I can see that you have two other cards this season and that was the reason for the bam. I am happy for you to take this to DRP as I am struggling to see how this case is anything but clear cut and would not be okay overturning the card.

My reply

''Thank you for response. Can you please clarify the difference that suggesting that someone has an agenda and someone is a wum?

Had my post changed and replaced the word wum with " perhaps he has an agenda" would it be carded
    Thanks''

I received no response on the above.

Apologies for layout. I also edited the last PM I sent with correct grammar.

Hi All,

I know Games of Thrones is back and all that but any sort of ETA on a response ? :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi Shano,

Sorry I'll give this a look today at some stage today. Could be the evening time before I get around to it though so bear with me.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi Shano,

Sorry I'll give this a look today at some stage today. Could be the evening time before I get around to it though so bear with me.

No hassle Mick. Take your time.

Regards,

Shano

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi Shano, I see where the mod is coming from here as technically you are breaking the charter, however I understand what you are saying in that you were actually trying to point out the poster was correct in their assertion regarding PPG rather than undermine by calling them a wum.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here and request the card be reversed, but please be a bit more careful in your choice of words next time.

Is that acceptable?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi Shano, I see where the mod is coming from here as technically you are breaking the charter, however I understand what you are saying in that you were actually trying to point out the poster was correct in their assertion regarding PPG rather than undermine by calling them a wum.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here and request the card be reversed, but please be a bit more careful in your choice of words next time.

Is that acceptable?

Hi Mick,

Thanks. There was no intention on my part as I'm not that sort of poster.

Appreciate it and that's fine by me.

Shano.

Hi Mick,

Thanks. There was no intention on my part as I'm not that sort of poster.

Appreciate it and that's fine by me.

Shano.

Sound, I'll lift the ban now and ask the admins to reverse the card. Cheers.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thanks guys

Card lifted, and marking as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement