Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The D15 Local Election Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

Jagan Muttumula seems to be the only one interested in my vote, got his flyer in my post box for the second time now. Unfortunately I don't think I want to vote for FG or FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Freddie Cooper was around Waterville tonight, with a large crew including the Deputy. While I'd struggle to vote FF, hanging out with Chambers was a kiss of death for Freddie, who seemed like a nice enough guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Caranica wrote: »
    Freddie Cooper was around Waterville tonight, with a large crew including the Deputy. While I'd struggle to vote FF, hanging out with Chambers was a kiss of death for Freddie, who seemed like a nice enough guy.

Strange thing is, i've never heard of him.

Strange thing is, i've never heard of him.

He struck me as old school FF, ironically the stereotype FF are trying to move away from. His leaflet has an impressive list of community activity but that's just not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭wawaman

Polar101 wrote: »
    Jagan Muttumula seems to be the only one interested in my vote, got his flyer in my post box for the second time now. Unfortunately I don't think I want to vote for FG or FF.

He had a guy going around the area yesterday on a bike with a banner on the back and this morning had 2 guys with posters walking around the Allendale roundabout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

He struck me as old school FF, ironically the stereotype FF are trying to move away from. His leaflet has an impressive list of community activity but that's just not enough.

Think i know his son, but he has certainly not been active in the area he lives.

He is at least running in fairness to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Sorry if this has already been posted, but is there a handy site available to see what issues each candidate is campaigning for? I've had no leaflets or canvassing up my way, and I've been extremely busy in work and at home, but I do want to make an informed vote.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Sorry if this has already been posted, but is there a handy site available to see what issues each candidate is campaigning for? I've had no leaflets or canvassing up my way, and I've been extremely busy in work and at home, but I do want to make an informed vote.

My wife was looking for something similar but in the end she just looked at each candidates website and/or social media.

Got a leaflet tonight from the new candidate on this thread. The fact that he lives in D8 is welded to my brain. Leaflet straight to the green bin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

As I said earlier in the thread, it's a poor offering all around. I'll only be voting 1, possibly 2, this year.

• Advertisement

Hurrache wrote: »
    As I said earlier in the thread, it's a poor offering all around. I'll only be voting 1, possibly 2, this year.

Same as! If they hadn't changed the boundary I'd have voted at least to 6 in Castleknock

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Same as! If they hadn't changed the boundary I'd have voted at least to 6 in Castleknock

I’m in Castleknock and really can’t see beyond 2 candidates who I regularly see active in the area

Remind me wrote: »
    I’m in Castleknock and really can’t see beyond 2 candidates who I regularly see active in the area

There's more of a middle ground there though. Blanchardstown Mulhuddart candidate list is heavily left and hard left

The selection in Ongar is depressingly poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Zaph wrote: »

Chronic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

The ballots are massive.
    There was a small trickle of people this morning voting at Mary Mother of Hope in Littlepace.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    The ballots are massive.

I heard on the radio earlier that the Euro ballot papers in the South constituency are over 2 feet long as there are 23 candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I heard on the radio earlier that the Euro ballot papers in the South constituency are over 2 feet long as there are 23 candidates.

They didn't want to put them side by side to shorten it as apparently that caused confusion at a previous ballot when they done that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

They were long enough for us at 19 candidates!

Blanch VEC was busier than I'd ever seen it.

Lorna Nolan, JK Onwumereh and Freddie Cooper posters all illegally within 50m of the entrance to the grounds so all reported.

There was one guy with a British accent at another table who didn't want to take a European election ballot paper which was a little odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

Back in 2011 there was a lot of candidates in Wicklow. They put them side by side and people treated each side as 2 different ballot papers and then the boxes for party logos that were blank for independent candidates were used as the place to mark a preference and there was a big row about who they were actually trying to vote for.

There was one guy with a British accent at another table who didn't want to take a European election ballot paper which was a little odd.

Probably a Brexiteer who is unable to understand the irony of being able to live in another country thanks to the free movement afforded by the EU. :D

Nijmegen wrote: »
    Back in 2011 there was a lot of candidates in Wicklow. They put them side by side and people treated each side as 2 different ballot papers and then the boxes for party logos that were blank for independent candidates were used as the place to mark a preference and there was a big row about who they were actually trying to vote for.

People are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They did the butterfly ballot paper for the NUI Seanad panel in 2016 and it caused confusion there too; with people who managed to get a degree at least to qualify to vote. So no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

It really was. I only voted 1 & 2

It really was. I only voted 1 & 2

I only voted 1 in Blanchardstown Mulhuddart. Such a waste when there's 5 seats but I couldn't in all consciousness give a preference to anyone else

It seems to be a struggle for some parties to get candidates this time around, both in terms of quality and numbers. For example, in the Howth-Malahide LEA there are 7 seats up for grabs and only 9 candidates. You wouldn't be feeling too good about yourself if you missed out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Who's the "best independent" around D15 !?
    Thanks.

rolion wrote: »
    Who's the "best independent" around D15 !?
    Thanks.

Which LEA?

• Advertisement

And define "best". Your idea of best and mine could be wildly different.

Advertisement