Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballinasloe to Knock Airport

• 14-04-2019 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

What is the quickest way from Balllinasloe to Knock Airport by car? Should I use the M6 motorway and exit at Athenry?
    Sorry but I have a flight on Tuesday morning from Knock Airport and I have never been in Knock Airport before so I don't have a clue what the roads are like in that part of the country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

Take the M6 till the M17 Tuam/Sligo northbound exit (about 20 mins after Athenry ). That'll bring you staright to Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shamnspace

M17 onto N17 allow 1.5 hrs good road all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Med101007

Thanks for the advice lads.

When I take the M17 Sligo/Tuam northbound exit, what is the next exit I take for Knock Airport, and how far from this exit is the airport?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

You'll get to Tuam and onto the Tuam bypass which is effectively an extension of the M17 but is designated N17 as it is a Dual Carriageway. You'll go through a roundabout at the start and finish of it. Just keep following the signs for Sligo.

After the 2nd roundabout, you're on to the old N17 and it's about 55km to Knock Airport, which is just off the N17. You won't miss it, it's really well signposted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
Advertisement