If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV emergency......

Options
  • 15-04-2019 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi all,

My sons TV purchased off you guys nearly 6 years ago in a Boards sale has decided to retire and needs replacing. 

2 caveats; 1 - The TV needs to be no more than 920mm wide as it is on the wall at the door. 2. Available as soon as possible as he will frustrate the hell out of me over the mid-term :).

Have you anything that will fit the bill? I have the TV wall mounted already with a 200 x 200 and 200 x 100 capable mount. Looking at something like the sharp lc-40UI7552K from Cu44ys....

Cheers guys

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ryanno wrote: »
    Hi all,

My sons TV purchased off you guys nearly 6 years ago in a Boards sale has decided to retire and needs replacing. 

2 caveats; 1 - The TV needs to be no more than 920mm wide as it is on the wall at the door. 2. Available as soon as possible as he will frustrate the hell out of me over the mid-term :).

Have you anything that will fit the bill? I have the TV wall mounted already with a 200 x 200 and 200 x 100 capable mount.

Cheers guys
    Hi Ryanno,

With the size you have the maximum screen size you could fit in would be a 40 inch however I only have a Sharp TV at this size which would be an entry level 1080p TV not capable of 4K and with no smart features.

If you are looking for a higher spec TV you would need to either start at 43" for a 4K TV which are around 971mm wide or a Smart, HD 32" TV. In a 32" TV I would recommend the Panasonic TX32FS503 at 359 euro which is an HD ready TV with a  great smart hub and a VESA mounting of 200 x 200.

Let me know if you can stretch to a 43" TV though as there is a lot more choice at this screen size.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Ryanno,

for one David is right :eek:

If you can allow about 975 / 980 Cms wide you can get a 43" and there is a far larger range of 43" available with decent specs.

..and Son will love his Da even more :p

Keep us posted,

ATVB.

JMcD

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Ryanno,

for one David is right :eek:

If you can allow about 975 / 980 Cms wide you can get a 43" and there is a far larger range of 43" available with decent specs.

..and Son will love his Da even more :p

Keep us posted,

ATVB.

JMcD
    Hi John/David,

I have measured the space available. I have an articulated mount which will allow a maximum of 985mm at an angle to avoid the door becoming an issue.
    Can you keep the budget to under €400 including delivery?? 

Cheers all,

ATVB - Mick

Ah here - Ryanno!

that's typical you - First you say that you have a size restriction, then you say ok - I'll have a bigger TV but I want it cheaper :D :D

OK €400 believe it or not is a decent budget now for a 40/43" and you could squeeze in the LG 43UK6750:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203293-lg-43uk6750pld-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

The 43UK6750 retails at €429 but we could squeeze it for you at €399 including shipping - and this may work for you as I know you are familiar with the LG OS - it's a super TV!

The Philips 43PUS6703 is probably the only TV I would recommend ( around) that budget - again it will fit into the space at 471.. wide - but it does blow the budget - it has Ambilight so it really does look F A N T A S T I C and the PQ is stunning - on the downside I don't think that the OS is as good as the LG and it does blow the budget at €449:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203601-philips-43pus6703-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-ambilight-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

Thanks as ever Ryanno and keep us posted if we can assist,

( All in stock BTW)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Ah here - Ryanno!

that's typical you - First you say that you have a size restriction, then you say ok - I'll have a bigger TV but I want it cheaper :D :D

OK €400 believe it or not is a decent budget now for a 40/43" and you could squeeze in the LG 43UK6750:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203293-lg-43uk6750pld-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

The 43UK6750 retails at €429 but we could squeeze it for you at €399 including shipping - and this may work for you as I know you are familiar with the LG OS - it's a super TV!

The Philips 43PUS6703 is probably the only TV I would recommend ( around) that budget - again it will fit into the space at 471.. wide - but it does blow the budget - it has Ambilight so it really does look F A N T A S T I C and the PQ is stunning - on the downside I don't think that the OS is as good as the LG and it does blow the budget at €449:
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203601-philips-43pus6703-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-ambilight-tv-freeview-play.aspx?swapstore=1

( All in stock BTW)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

You always get me to part with more of the Greenbacks than I'd planned.....

I won't argue though, as I always end up with a quality unit. I will go with the Philips pal. Can you call me to process the payment and get it to me as soon as the lads can get it out

Thanks again John, It's always a pleasure.

Regards,

Mick

• Advertisement

Ah here - Ryanno!

( All in stock BTW)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

I won't argue though, as I always end up with a quality unit. I will go with the Philips pal. Can you call me to process the payment and get it to me as soon as the lads can get it out

Regards,

Mick
    Thanks Mick - that's what I am here for :cool:, Jammy Son of yours - he must have had some good school reports!

thanks as ever for the Biz - I'm out of the office so I'll ask David to give you a shout to get a delivery all arranged for you..

Thanks again and you know where we are if we can ever help,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Ah here - Ryanno!

( All in stock BTW)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

Regards,

Mick
    Thanks Mick - that's what I am here for :cool:, Jammy Son of yours - he must have had some good school reports!

thanks as ever for the Biz - I'm out of the office so I'll ask David to give you a shout to get a delivery all arranged for you..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi guys,

Will this make it to me this week or will it be after the BH at this stage?? He has my heart broken.......

Regards,

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Ah here - Ryanno!

( All in stock BTW)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

Regards,

Mick

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi guys,

Will this make it to me this week or will it be after the BH at this stage?? He has my heart broken.......

Regards,
    Hi Mick,

I called the couriers to get an update for you but they're closed for the day. I'll call them first thing in the morning and I'll give you an update as soon as I get it.

Kind regards

David

Ah here - Ryanno!

( All in stock BTW)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

Regards,

Mick

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi guys,

Regards,
    Hi Mick,

I called the couriers to get an update for you but they're closed for the day. I'll call them first thing in the morning and I'll give you an update as soon as I get it.

Kind regards

David
    Thanks Dave, 

They may be closed over Good Friday and Easter Monday too??

Regards,

Mick

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Ah here - Ryanno!

( All in stock BTW)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John,

Regards,

Mick

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi guys,

Regards,
    Hi Mick,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks Dave, 

They may be closed over Good Friday and Easter Monday too??

Regards,

Mick
    Hi Mick,

They are closed on Easter Monday but they will be there tomorrow. I will give them a call and find out what's happening but I'll get back to you first thing.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Richersounds.ie Team,

A HUGE thank you for getting the TV to me in time for the BH weekend. Great customer service (as always :D )from Emma, David, John and Co.

My son loves the TV, especially the 3 sided ambilight. 

Cheers guys,

Mick.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Richersounds.ie Team,

A HUGE thank you for getting the TV to me in time for the BH weekend. Great customer service (as always :D )from Emma, David, John and Co.

My son loves the TV, especially the 3 sided ambilight. 

Cheers guys,

Mick.
    Hi Ryanno.

Thanks for the kind words.

I will pass them onto David when he is back in tomorrow.

Enjoy the rest of your Easter.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.