Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Tv - timeshifting and dvr not enabled / pause rewind doesn't work

Options
  • 15-04-2019 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm posting the solution here. I tried posting in the Eir forum but seems they have closed that down. I can't be the only one who has difficulty getting good customer service out of them i.e. their chats say they are transferring me to their technical teams then just end the chat. Kept on hold when ringing their technical team etc.
    And I couldn't find the answer online anywhere, so to help anyone else with the same issue, follow these steps:
    1) Press Menu
    2) Select Settings
    3) Press Reset
    4) Choose the one that mentions reformatting drive
    5) This will delete anything you have recorded (but this functionality probably wasn't working anyway for you). Wait for it to do its thing.
    6) Press the power button for five seconds until the box goes into sleep mode
    7) Turn it on again. Should now be working.

Hope this helps anyone who found it as frustrating as I did to work by trial and error instead of Eir actually helping!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Martin2701

I phoned and got through to EIR about this same problem and was told it is a nationwide problem and they're working on it !

Don't want to loose my recordings by resetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

The timeshift service is no longer available on the eirvision box as they are slowly phasing out the eirvision services beginning from Nov 1st. DO NOT RESET THE EIRVISION STB. You will lose all your channels!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Timofte

Just reset my eir vision box and looking at tv platform connection attempting to load channels for two hours now.

Am I wasting my time.

Advertisement