Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antisemitism rising sharply across Europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Odhinn wrote: »
    I presume he referred to its actions in the OT. We'll have to wait from him to clarify.

Seeing as how he referred to the State of Israel and not the OT I think you presumed wrong.

Regardless, he used an Anti-Semitic trope.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

markodaly wrote: »
    Seeing as how he referred to the State of Israel and not the OT I think you presumed wrong.

Regardless, he used an Anti-Semitic trope.

We'll see when he clarifies. In the meantime you might answer as to some of your earlier remarks -
    markodaly wrote:

No, you were referring to body count and a method to try and tell us what "jews" wanted as a policy, as if they are a hive mind.
    Also, it's anti-Semitic.

Where did I say this? Please quote/link to the post.

Since the late 1960's Israel has been colonising lands outside its legally recognised borders against international law - are you trying to say this activity is legal?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Interesting watching Mick Wallace on RTÉ justifying the Bataclan massacre on the basis France were involved in the coalition against ISIS

Why would that get brought up?

Is that an old interview?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

They are after the great Ben Shapiro now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

They are after the great Ben Shapiro now

Let me dumb this down for you. On the abortion thread, an anti-abortion activist mentioned Ben Shapiro's religion. I asked him why he brought that up. He then went on about stereotypes of Jews, for some reason that he's never clarified.

We're 'after' Ben Shapiro because he's a right-wing nutter, like you. Not because of his religion - it was you and the anti-abortion types that brought up that, for some reason. Why? Got some problem with Jewish people?

FWIW, there've been blatant anti-semitic postings on this thread. Sadly, no cards handed out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Igotadose wrote: »
    Let me dumb this down for you. On the abortion thread, an anti-abortion activist mentioned Ben Shapiro's religion. I asked him why he brought that up. He then went on about stereotypes of Jews, for some reason that he's never clarified.

We're 'after' Ben Shapiro because he's a right-wing nutter, like you. Not because of his religion - it was you and the anti-abortion types that brought up that, for some reason. Why? Got some problem with Jewish people?

FWIW, there've been blatant anti-semitic postings on this thread. Sadly, no cards handed out.

Im not right wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Im not right wing

You've literally brought David Icke and International Banker conspiracy theories into a thread today so you mightn't be right wing. You just hold terrible and offensive views.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Corbyn being hit with a 100k emails detailing anti semitism in the party, following on after a 15k page doc detailing anti Semitic abuse by party members.

Not since David Irving has a British anti Semite been so publicly demolished.

Naturally for both, it was a Jewish plot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

This was posted by Austrian far right leader HC Strache who is actually more or less Tánaiste at the moment, check out the cufflink patterns

Untitled-1_wa.jpg

Got to enjoy the irony of this now, as he has resigned the day after he was caught whoring himself and his nation out like a traitor to what he thought were Russian oligarchs.

Got to love the alt-right, a predictable bunch of lying, traitorous, unpatriotic cowards. Pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Billy86 wrote: »
    Got to enjoy the irony of this now, as he has resigned the day after he was caught whoring himself and his nation out like a traitor to what he thought were Russian oligarchs.

Got to love the alt-right, a predictable bunch of lying, traitorous, unpatriotic cowards. Pure and simple.

Decades of reinventing themselves, finally getting into the sidelines of power with anti-immigration populism, always the same underneath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

at least your man resigned straight away and snap elections have been called. i dont see any irish political party doing that under those circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

at least your man resigned straight away and snap elections have been called. i dont see any irish political party doing that under those circumstances.

I'm pretty sure that you'd get resignations at the very minimum. In Austria, it's more validation of how dodgy the far right is over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

See David Irving, famous holocaust denier, has backed Corbyn.

Add in Nick Griffin and David Duke, previously declared admirers.

Mad to think a man like that can have a shot at power.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I wonder what the end-game is for the left?

Let's say the left manages to convince US to stop backing Israel and somehow Israel lets itself be overrun by its neighbours (like they tried in 1948 Arab–Israeli War).

What happens then?
    The Arabs lets the Jews move to USA?
    Will there be a left-backed genocide of the Jews?
    The land is given by UN to the Palestinians, and Jordan, Egypt etc does not claim the land?
    The Palestinians razes all the Jewish building and rebuilds everything?
    New Palestine embraces democracy, or becomes another hotbed of regional conflict?
    Who will run the New Palestine, Hamas or Fatah or Hezbollah?

biko wrote: »

Let's say the left manages to convince US to stop backing Israel and somehow Israel lets itself be overrun by its neighbours (like they tried in 1948 Arab–Israeli War).

What happens then?
    The Arabs lets the Jews move to USA?
    Will there be a left-backed genocide of the Jews?
    The land is given by UN to the Palestinians, and Jordan, Egypt etc does not claim the land?
    The Palestinians razes all the Jewish building and rebuilds everything?
    New Palestine embraces democracy, or becomes another hotbed of regional conflict?
    Who will run the New Palestine, Hamas or Fatah or Hezbollah?

I get the notion you're a glass half empty man.

Jordan has already ceded all claims to the West Bank and Arab East Jerusalem.

In an ideal situation, a withdrawal from the West Bank, Golan and Arab East jerusalem is agreed, with some swapping of territory and population, leaving an Israeli state and a geographically contiguous Palestinian one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

In an ideal situation, a withdrawal from the West Bank, Golan and Arab East jerusalem is agreed, with some swapping of territory and population, leaving an Israeli state and a geographically contiguous Palestinian one.

No "right of return" for Arabs (or, more specifically, their descendants) to Israel proper? That would be a good start.

And why Golan? It was Syrian territory, never envisaged as part of a "palestinian state". Any return of the Golan would be to Syria, which prior to the 1967 war used it to launch periodic attacks against Israel. The ""heights" being the key - it was militarily strategic as it gave a commanding position overlooking northern Israel.

biko wrote: »

The superficially strange thing is that up until sometime in the seventies Israel was the darling of the left wing luvvies (ie, the middle class, virtue signalling lefties).They were portrayed as the valiant underdogs surrounded by overwhelming hostile enemies who were waiting their opportunity to "throw them into the sea". It would seem that Israel let the side by not succumbing to their fate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

1641 wrote: »
    The superficially strange thing is that up until sometime in the seventies Israel was the darling of the left wing luvvies (ie, the middle class, virtue signalling lefties).They were portrayed as the valiant underdogs surrounded by overwhelming hostile enemies who were waiting their opportunity to "throw them into the sea". It would seem that Israel let the side by not succumbing to their fate.
    Of course it had nothing to do with their terrible behaviour.. ^^ what an idiotic post

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Billy86 wrote: »

They hate the EU but they'll do anything for Russians.

They arent alt-right though, they are much older and more established than that. Alt-right in Austria is tiny and more related to those Identitarian scum, whose leader 'was' also an anti-semite in his younger days

Of course it had nothing to do with their terrible behaviour.. ^^ what an idiotic post

Sure, plenty of their behaviour can be questioned, criticised or condemned. But plenty more of the behaviour of their surrounding enemies can be condemned. The Syrians have been sponsoring and conducting barbarities for decades and made little secret of their intentions towards the Israelis (or "the Jews"). So have many others. But for the middle class leftie types it is a tale of one side bad, the other side good.

I'm sure the Israeli Jews would prefer to be alive and to have reasonably secure borders than to be the beloved victims for the posh virtuousii to rightously hand-wring about - or the anti-semites to gloat about.

• Advertisement

No "right of return" for Arabs (or, more specifically, their descendants) to Israel proper? That would be a good start.
    The PLO have privately dropped the right of return demand, save for some token gesture.

And why Golan? It was Syrian territory, never envisaged as part of a "palestinian state". Any return of the Golan would be to Syria, which prior to the 1967 war used it to launch periodic attacks against Israel. The ""heights" being the key - it was militarily strategic as it gave a commanding position overlooking northern Israel.

It was nearly ceded back via secret talks in Turkey, however the Syrian war put an end to it.

It would seem that Israel let the side by not succumbing to their fate.

No, it's the colonisation of the occupied territories that led to that.

The PLO have privately dropped the right of return demand, save for some token gesture.

It was nearly ceded back via secret talks in Turkey, however the Syrian war put an end to it.

No, it's the colonisation of the occupied territories that led to that.

"Privately" dropped? I doubt it in any meaningful way - or that they could carry it through. It was one of the issues that scuppered the Camp David talks in 2000 - when the Israelis offered return for up to 100,000 Palestinians and the establishment of a compensation fund for others. Merely considering this caused considerable dissention for the PLO and there was considerable rise in support for Hamas and Islamic Jihad (and defection to them).

As regards Golan, there were talks but it was far from near resolution. Any new borders were not agreed nor were the security guarantees the Israelis required in return for withdrawal. They must be glad now - how would northern Israel have fared with either Isis-supporting militias or Iranian guards or their proxies occupying Golan during the civil war?

"Privately" dropped? I doubt it in any meaningful way - or that they could carry it through. It was one of the issues that scuppered the Camp David talks in 2000 - when the Israelis offered return for up to 100,000 Palestinians and the establishment of a compensation fund for others. Merely considering this caused considerable dissention for the PLO and there was considerable rise in support for Hamas and Islamic Jihad (and defection to them).

This is from some years on from that.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jan/23/palestine-papers-expose-peace-concession

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jan/23/palestine-papers-power-weakness-negotiations

As regards Golan, there were talks but it was far from near resolution...........

The only unresolved issue was to do with water rights, as far as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

North African demographics in France means antisemitism is never going away.

I don't see why a North African has to accept a 'religious group' that is ****ting on the Gaza Strip. A Jewish state at the expense of mainly Muslims.

People are constantly told to remember the Warsaw Ghetto, various Pogroms going back to the middle ages, yet here we are, witnessing a country on the periphery of Europe, restricting water access to a population of millions, in an arrid part of the world, where water is needed for life to exist.

Protecting one minority in France, at the expense of a much larger one, who has felt neglected, at a civic level, for decades, will just make things worse.

Amalgam wrote: »

I don't see why a North African has to accept a 'religious group' that is ****ting on the Gaza Strip. A Jewish state at the expense of mainly Muslims.

....because blaming the Jews for Israel is like blaming all muslims for al qaeda.

Amalgam wrote: »

People are constantly told to remember the Warsaw Ghetto, various Pogroms going back to the middle ages, yet here we are, witnessing a country on the periphery of Europe, restricting water access to a population of millions, in an arrid part of the world, where water is needed for life to exist.

Protecting one minority in France, at the expense of a much larger one, who has felt neglected, at a civic level, for decades, will just make things worse.

An interesting post which, I think, very well illustrates why Jews in Europe feel increasingly threatened and also, the attracation of Israel for so many Jews as a place of refuge and (relative) safety - even if they don't live there.

....because blaming the Jews for Israel is like blaming all muslims for al qaeda.

Come on - comparing Israel to Al Queda ? So who would you compare Hamas to? Or Islamic Jihad? Or Syria?

Come on - comparing Israel to Al Queda ? So who would you compare Hamas to? Or Islamic Jihad? Or Syria?

You seem quick to take offence - the notion was not who compared to what but the innate bigotry of blaming an entire religion/ethnicity for an extremist segment of their society. Were I to compare Israel to anything it would be Imperialist European nations or Apartheid era south africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Never understood the opposition and negative behaviour towards Jewish people. So what happens if two or three Jewish families move into my estate? Like why would some people object? It's not like they have a different skin colour or that they even speak a different language!

So why is the stigma (by some) towards Jewish people? Anyone care to explain....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

It is a state that was created at the expense of another group, mainly Muslim. There is a polarised religious issue here, to try and, 'put that to one side', is delusional.

A perfect Israeli state, to a sizeable minority of Israeli Jews, is one where Arabs (Arab Israelis, not just Palestinians) are not within Israel's borders. Alive or dead, doesn't really matter.

That's not acceptable.

Advertisement