Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antisemitism rising sharply across Europe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

This has probably already been pointed out... You do know that that article is dated 1942, right?

Moving on to the 21st century, it bothers me that we are looking to Nazi Germany as the standard by which we are allowed to call something or someone a fascist.

It is true, perhaps, that Nazi Germany is the pinnacle of what modern fascists might ever hope to achieve with their pathetic worldview, but that doesn't mean that everything totalitarian has to be measured against the Nazis.

I don't believe that recent European history will repeat itself in our lifetimes. We're not going to see jews, gays and gypsies in concentration camps. Neither is that the standard with which we ought to judge the seriousness of the bigotry that is undoubtedly growing across Europe.
    I do realize my mistake. It's why I deleted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I think it's hilarious that people who've never been to Israel let alone the West Bank will say ****e like 'tou should go to Palestine before condeming Israel"

Find me a single legitimate human rights organisations or
    international peace observer who would back up the idea of Israel being the victim.

It's absolute idiocy promoted by the usual morons.

P.s. I've lived in in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and a few West Bank cities. I've seen Israeli apartheid in action against Israeli Arab citizens, Ethiopian Jews, and Palestinians.

Anyone denying the Human rights abuses and war crimes of Israel is a ****ing idiot.

Anyone denying the Human rights abuses and war crimes of Israel is a ****ing idiot.

I deny it.

Also I question why you brought it up here?

I am not Israeli. Could you not start your own thread for this totally separate topic?

Also why did you live in Israel as a privileged European if you feel so strongly about Israel?

I deny it.

If the shoe fits wear it so.

I deny it.

Also I question why you brought it up here?

I am not Israeli. Could you not start your own thread for this totally separate topic?

So you admit that people being critical of the Israeli government are not being anti-Semitic?

Because the Israeli government disagree with you.

• Advertisement

So you admit that people being critical of the Israeli government are not being anti-Semitic?

Because the Israeli government disagree with you.

It really depends. :)

You are being kind of vague.

May I ask you a question?

If you disagree with Israel etc why did you live in a country you hated so much?

I find that odd.

Subcomandante Marcos

I invite you to start your own thread on palestine and Israel.

My position is clear I support Israel.

If you think I am a monster than so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Moved from AH > CA

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

In the eternal struggle of the modern Labour party of Britain against World Jewry, a new target presents itself.

22 week pregnant MP who signed a letter calling for whip to be removed from antisemite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Danzy wrote: »
    In the eternal struggle of the modern Labour party of Britain against World Jewry, a new target presents itself.

22 week pregnant MP who signed a letter calling for whip to be removed from antisemite.

You’re obsessed with labour and Corbyn.

• Advertisement

He's obsessed with Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The subject of the thread is about anti-semitism - something the modern Labour party is current mired in

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    The subject of the thread is about anti-semitism - something the modern Labour party is current mired in

but it's not like this thread is corbyn corbyn corbyn is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

but it's not like this thread is corbyn corbyn corbyn is it?

Dunno, but when a major political party appears to have a strong undercurrent of anti-semitism, that's a pretty serious issue

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Dunno, but when a major political party appears to have a strong undercurrent of anti-semitism, that's a pretty serious issue

The tory party has too. They are all fake and the same. Labour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Berserker wrote: »
    Say what? Modern day anti semitism is rooted in politics, not religion.

The number one source of modern day anti semitism is the muslim community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Particularly in France, where there have actually been anti-semetic murders, all of which were committed in the name of Islamic fundamentalism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

In the US it’s white nationalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

kevin myers hasn't worked again since his Jewish gaffe while anybody else who slags off gays/blacks/muslims or whoever are let back in society after an act of contrition

I guess we know who rules holds the real power then. I don't think they are really threatened by a rabble of communists in the labour party nor a few neo Nazi's in rural California. really?

In the US it’s white nationalists.

a tiny tiny minority responsible for very few incidents at all. They just grab headlines when it happens. Day to day anti-semitism (posts online, hate speech) and attacks on local businesses including damage and graffiti are in majority committed by muslims stateside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

paw patrol wrote: »
    kevin myers hasn't worked again since his Jewish gaffe while anybody else who slags off gays/blacks/muslims or whoever are let back in society after an act of contrition

I guess we know who rules holds the real power then. I don't think they are really threatened by a rabble of communists in the labour party nor a few neo Nazi's in rural California. really?

The Jews control everything?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

a tiny tiny minority responsible for very few incidents at all. They just grab headlines when it happens. Day to day anti-semitism (posts online, hate speech) and attacks on local businesses including damage and graffiti are in majority committed by muslims stateside.

Can you provide some evidence to substantiate this statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

You've a source for that?

dudara wrote: »
    Can you provide some evidence to substantiate this statement?
    Odhinn wrote: »
    You've a source for that?

http://www.thetower.org/article/who-is-behind-anti-semitic-attacks-in-the-u-s/
    The largest known perpetrator group for both years was white Americans, but they still only accounted for 14 percent of the total in 2014 and 17 percent in 2015. Who committed the other offenses?
    In short, we don’t know. The FBI has no information about the race of offenders in 513 of the 635 crimes in 2014, or 81 percent of the offenses.
    Conservative estimates for Britain, where Muslims are roughly five percent of the population, indicate they commit 20-30 percent of anti-Semitic hate crimes. In France, where eight percent of the population is Muslim, at least 30 percent of anti-Semitic incidents are perpetrated by Muslims and/or Arabs, and “adding the number of non-identified perpetrators, the actual percentage can be estimated to be above 50 percent,” according to ISGAP. A 2015 British parliamentary report noted that a “high proportion of [anti-Semitic] cases involved someone from a Muslim background.”
    Unfortunately, it appears that American authorities have until now ignored this growing problem. The FBI’s 2015 hate crimes report added a new ethnic group to its list of victims – namely, Arabs. But while the only other ethnic group describing victims (Hispanics) is also listed in the descriptions of offenders, Arab ethnicity is not listed or identified on the offender list.

White people only responsible for 14% of antisemitism , arabs arent a category for racial identification of perpetrators , but extrapolating uk metrics where muslims are 8 percent of the population but responsible for over 50% of the antisemitic incidents, its fair to say im not wrong.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2019/05/02/german-intelligence-issues-taboo-breaking-report-on-muslim-anti-semitism/

the idea that in the modern day, a tiny tiny population of the US (white supremacists) are responsible for the majority of attacks just isn't credible. 696 incidents, 121 by white people, 31 by black people and the rest in an 'unknown' on a form where arab isnt an option. Statistically per capita it also makes black people more likely to commit antisemitism than white people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

http://www.thetower.org/article/who-is-behind-anti-semitic-attacks-in-the-u-s/

White people only responsible for 14% of antisemitism , arabs arent a category for racial identification of perpetrators , but extrapolating uk metrics where muslims are 8 percent of the population but responsible for over 50% of the antisemitic incidents, its fair to say im not wrong.

Fair play for trying to back it up at least!

But would the muslim in america not be massively of south east asian extraction aswell....something to ponder in statistics??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

The Jews control everything?

everything is probably a bit strong probably not everything but they are hugely powerful as a lobby .
    news of them being under threat is over blown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

paw patrol wrote: »
    everything is probably a bit strong probably not everything but they are hugely powerful as a lobby .
    news of them being under threat is over blown.

I'll say the Israeli lobby owns Trump for sure. However many Jews would be liberal and some anti-Israeli. It's just a religion, despite Israeli propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

So you're guessing. Not all muslims are Arabs. The largest muslim country in the world is, afaik, indonesia.

I'll say the Israeli lobby owns Trump for sure. However many Jews would be liberal and some anti-Israeli. It's just a religion, despite Israeli propaganda.

This is so provincial.

You kind of misunderstand things.

Some Jews would be anti Israeli policy on some issues. Not anti Israeli.

• Advertisement

By the way I have never encountered antisemitism from muslims of any background.

My mom has even worn her star of David around muslims etc. They have always been really kind.

Advertisement