Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bdaarcy24

Is there a WhatsApp group for this intake? Got an for 1st July 🀙

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Stickynote10

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Strict on what?

I’m regards to the blood pressure test, hearing and BMI. I haven’t done a hearing test in years have no idea how I’ll get with that and my boos pressure is a little high

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bigred88

I’m regards to the blood pressure test, hearing and BMI. I haven’t done a hearing test in years have no idea how I’ll get with that and my boos pressure is a little high

Advice on blood pressure- get yourself some apple cider vinegar. 3 shots a day will do wonders for your bp

Try your upmost to lose weight before medical, if your bmi is above 30 it’s a fail unless your just a big ball of muscle . Than it will be at the doctors discretion.
    You will be giving 3 months to get within range and come back for review

Hearing test is handy enough just make sure you adjust the headphones to your comfort. Close your eyes in the booth or you’ll get dizzy looking at the wall . And relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Ah I see, well my BMI was 31 and I was deferred, the doc said, with your weight loss your BP should come down....it did, so if your BMI is over 30 you will be deferred, unless you’ve got Lean muscle, I was fit, just carrying a bit of weight passed the fitness test, there where people slimmer than me failing the fitness, so was a hard pill to swallow but sure look, best thing to do, don’t stress! That will raise your BP but if your nervous about getting your BP done like me, say it to them, they are so nice like! Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dreilly92

Hi i have all stages complete since April was my meeting with the super. i still have vetting outstanding and i lived abroad for a year. i need to give a months notice to my employeer and wondering is there a chance i would get an offer for july or more likely next one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 lawabiding

Hi all, congratulations for everyone that got an offer and for those who didn't keep yourself as fit as you can and your BMI within the limit so you won't have to lose extra weight within 2 weeks notice. My vetting took 2 years, I'm a 2016 campaigner and just passed my medical and physical last week. I've got an offer for the 8th of July, if there is a WhatsApp group I would like to be added in.

Cheers.

Dreilly92 wrote: »
    Hi i have all stages complete since April was my meeting with the super. i still have vetting outstanding and i lived abroad for a year. i need to give a months notice to my employeer and wondering is there a chance i would get an offer for july or more likely next one

Almost in the same boat as you, but I never lived abroad
    The next Intake I heard is December, but I’m hoping for July!

lawabiding wrote: »
    Hi all, congratulations for everyone that got an offer and for those who didn't keep yourself as fit as you can and your BMI within the limit so you won't have to lose extra weight within 2 weeks notice. My vetting took 2 years, I'm a 2016 campaigner and just passed my medical and physical last week. I've got an offer for the 8th of July, if there is a WhatsApp group I would like to be added in.

Cheers.

Congrats! When did you get the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lawabiding

I got an offer Monday. At 10 am my file was not updated(no decision) and at 3:42 pm the offer was out.

Ash_Ha wrote: »
    Impossible to say. I’m in the exact same position, need to give a months notice, finished everything a month ago, lived abroad for a year and vetting outstanding. However , the risk of handing in my notice and then to be left without a job in a months time is unfortunately something I can’t chance. I could still be waiting this time next year..

yeah that is what i am worried about dont want to leave my job on bad terms and from what ive heard you cant defer cause u have to give a months notice

• Advertisement

Ash_Ha wrote: »
    Yeah, I heard the same unfortunately. Id hate to leave on bad terms. I can’t even imagine the reaction I’d get if I came in one week to say I was leaving the next ..

yeah it doesnt look like there struggling to get people for this intake im guessing all round 2 offers will be out by the end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Hi all

I have passed all stages and met inspector etc - but I still have vetting outstanding . How likely am i to get into July intake? I see that offers are coming out now. If i dont hear by end of week , is it unlikely? Considering that there is an induction week in less than 3 weeks time

I lived in oz for 2 years , this could be slowing it down.

Waestrel wrote: »
    Hi all

I have passed all stages and met inspector etc - but I still have vetting outstanding . How likely am i to get into July intake? I see that offers are coming out now. If i dont hear by end of week , is it unlikely? Considering that there is an induction week in less than 3 weeks time

I lived in oz for 2 years , this could be slowing it down.

how long do you have everything completed?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

I’ve made my long awaited return to boards.ie .. just to refresh I did my medical in March 2017 and my PCT in June 2017. I’m still awaiting sign off over 2 years later. Have TDs on it they can’t get a reason. HR tell me there’s no issues just waiting on a decision.
    It’s crazy to be fair.
    I sent a registered letter to drew Harris also which he signed for 3 weeks ago to no reply.
    I’m out of ideas and to put it lightly I’m pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

how long do you have everything completed?

fitness medical was march - meetings with inspector was last week

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

I’ve made my long awaited return to boards.ie .. just to refresh I did my medical in March 2017 and my PCT in June 2017. I’m still awaiting sign off over 2 years later. Have TDs on it they can’t get a reason. HR tell me there’s no issues just waiting on a decision.
    It’s crazy to be fair.
    I sent a registered letter to drew Harris also which he signed for 3 weeks ago to no reply.
    I’m out of ideas and to put it lightly I’m pissed off

Welcome back, you’ve been missed, fingers crossed you get in very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Henry2006 wrote: »

Cheers haha .. it’s never gonna happen for me I’ve accepted that now. I’m just curious how everyone else is gettin on

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SimonDublin

Henry2006 wrote: »

Cheers haha .. it’s never gonna happen for me I’ve accepted that now. I’m just curious how everyone else is gettin on

Would you accept an offer if it was given to you now or have you totally given up and will reject the next offer? with the amount of complaints and calls from 16, 17 campaign they probably are trying to get things sorted, it definitely is different kind of treatment for 18 campaign I find. but as I said I feel that you will get a offer soon, just a feeling. Fingers crossed, if you still have hope.

Would i be correct in saying if my vetting doesnt come back completed by this week that its unlikely to get an offer for july?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

Would i be correct in saying if my vetting doesnt come back completed by this week that its unlikely to get an offer for july?

I'm the same as you waiting on the vetting. Fingers crossed we don't have to wait til December

• Advertisement

Ah I wouldn’t say that, we could get anything up to 3 weeks notice there’s an intake for 8th July as well as the the 1st if July, keep the faith!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Ah I wouldn’t say that, we could get anything up to 3 weeks notice there’s an intake for 8th July as well as the the 1st if July, keep the faith!

People have gotten less than a weeks notice in some cases in previous campaigns as far as I'm aware. Correct me if I am wrong.

bottar1 wrote: »
    People have gotten less than a weeks notice in some cases in previous campaigns as far as I'm aware. Correct me if I am wrong.

yeah i have seen that but by looks off things offers are going out fairly quick if they are already on the second week

bottar1 wrote: »

I meant to say a weeks notice! Lol, I’d take it with a days notice ha but sure, by the looks of things, no invitations for the 8th today, by the looks of it, on boards anyway I could be wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Morgan09

I meant to say a weeks notice! Lol, I’d take it with a days notice ha but sure, by the looks of things, no invitations for the 8th today, by the looks of it, on boards anyway I could be wrong!

I know a lad got one for the 8th at 4pm

Morgan09 wrote: »
    I know a lad got one for the 8th at 4pm

yeah id say the majority of them are prob gone out only a small minority of people are on this and posting

Got my offer at 5pm for the 8th. Absolutely buzzing! Can someone put me into the WhatsApp please :)

Got my offer at 5pm for the 8th. Absolutely buzzing! Can someone put me into the WhatsApp please :)

Ah delighted for you Sabrina! Congrats hopefully I’ll get one this week lol

Ah delighted for you Sabrina! Congrats hopefully I’ll get one this week lol

Thanks, so happy! My vetting was outstanding yesterday morning when they emailed me back about it and then I got the offer today so anything is possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Ogrady86

Hi all, I got my offer for the 8th today. I emailed them regarding my vetting on friday and was told it was still outstanding. Didnt think Id make it into this intake!! Delighted :)

Advertisement