Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Has anyone here gone through all 4 stages and had problems with form b holding them up i.e "vetting outstanding", emailed HRM and I keep getting same mail back "vetting outstanding".I have one uncle abroad in UK, all others residing in Ireland was told by super back in march that vetting was finished? I'm from 2018 campaign.

Same boat as you bro, keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dreilly92

any offers out lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Yeah the wait is a killer don't know how the 2016/17 people were so patient

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

We are not... But there is nothing u can do so u have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mright123

Has anyone here gone through all 4 stages and had problems with form b holding them up i.e "vetting outstanding", emailed HRM and I keep getting same mail back "vetting outstanding".I have one uncle abroad in UK, all others residing in Ireland was told by super back in march that vetting was finished? I'm from 2018 campaign.

I'm in the same boat as you. I had all my local interviews done in February and had all of the stages completed then too, and my vetting is still outstanding. It's really annoying as I never left the country to work and all of my Aunts and Uncles reside in Ireland too so there definitely should be no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

mright123 wrote: »

I'm in the same boat as you. I had all my local interviews done in February and had all of the stages completed then too, and my vetting is still outstanding. It's really annoying as I never left the country to work and all of my Aunts and Uncles reside in Ireland too so there definitely should be no problems.
    Yea its quite frustrating , i never worked or lived abroad either and am currently working for a semi state company and have been vetted 3 years ago, lets hope for october intake as i believe july is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

mright123 wrote: »

Yea its quite frustrating , i never worked or lived abroad either and am currently working for a semi state company and have been vetted 3 years ago, lets hope for october intake as i believe july is full.

No October I'm afraid. Next is begining of December.

where did you hear December

where did you hear that its full

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Dreilly92 wrote: »

where did you hear December

Freedom of information request was granted to publicise the intake dates for 2019 which were April (I think), July and December.

Type into Google, garda freedom of information, then decision log, then I thinks it's the 3rd one down under human resource FOI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Evanq99

From the 2018 campaign. Got my offer last Tuesday around 4pm. Had my physical the first week of May and my medical the last week of May. Starting on the 8th. Has anyone starting the 1st received any info yet? Just want to know what the story is.
    Also if there's a WhatsApp group let me know please.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anyone been given an offer yet this week? Offers seemed to have slowed down lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anyone been given an offer yet this week? Offers seemed to have slowed down lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

User2206 wrote: »

I'm 2017 still waiting

2018, not yet

Haven't heard of anyone getting offers in the last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭r1gskcn9p3y75o

Hi,
    What is the PCT? So you guys are waiting to be called into templemore?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Dreilly92 wrote: »
    where did you hear that its full

I don't think it is. Family member of mine did his PCT last Friday and was told that July could still be a possibility for him.

He's from 2017 and has everything completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Linloop

Deano.f87 wrote: »
    Hi,
    What is the PCT? So you guys are waiting to be called into templemore?

PCT is your fitness test..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Frenchjoe87

Hi everyone

Congrats to all who have made it this far. I have a question if anyone could shine any light on it.

What exactly is discussed when you meet with the super and sergeant. Is it like a formal job interview or a relaxed chat and see how you react to certain questions?

• Advertisement

Hi everyone

Congrats to all who have made it this far. I have a question if anyone could shine any light on it.

What exactly is discussed when you meet with the super and sergeant. Is it like a formal job interview or a relaxed chat and see how you react to certain questions?

I was told by the Seargent to come casual, now having said that I wore a knit jumper, jeans and shoes and a dress jacket, just smart casual, for the Superintendent, I wore a suit, bulled dress shoes, clean shaven

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cianerr

Hey there

Has anyone who has had to send in a consultants letter for your medical file gotten any word on your medical file being reviewed? I'd say I've called approximately 4 times already with no outline to when they'd get to it

Hi everyone

Was actually dressed more formal for my meeting with the sergeant than the super once I realised how informal it was. Literally just a chat to make sure you're ok. All I talked about with the super was sports and college. He told me that only one person has failed that stage before (don't know if he meant with him or overall) so it isn't anything to be worried about. Just have a question prepared for the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rover1928

HI All.

2017 Campaign here and finally got the long awaited email today for an invite.

Could someone DM me to add me to the WhatsApp group. Thanks

Start induction week July 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Limerick1992

Hey,

I'm starting the 8th also, if theres a whatsapp going around!

Hey,

When did you get an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Limerick1992

OscarKilo wrote: »
    When did you get an email?

Tuesday afternoon. 3.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tomtomtom95

Hey,

If you get info on whatsapp group could you DM it please?

Is there many from 2018 waiting to be called for the July class with all stages done?

• Advertisement

OscarKilo wrote: »
    Is there many from 2018 waiting to be called for the July class with all stages done?

yeah i have all stages done waiting on vetting

Advertisement