Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Harveli18 wrote: »
    I've just emailed them there asking what the chances are of it being back in time for January intake just waiting on reply.

Let me know what they say :) wanna see if they just saying that to me or everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Userdb wrote: »
    Let me know what they say :) wanna see if they just saying that to me or everyone else

Just got a reply. They said my application is currently at stage 4 and has not yet reached completion and that I will be contacted in due course when it has reached completion. The same story again and they didn't reply to my question about whether it would be ready for January :/

What’s stage 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Hi All. Any advice on my situation would be grateful
    First started my Application for the Guards in May 2017. Not to sound cocky but I flew through Medical and Physical OK. Vetting was outstanding for a long long time until I was told its completed and awaiting final decision. Final decision came via a posted letter in the door to say I would not be picked for the Guards due to ''Relationship with Family Members''

There is only 1 family member in question who my family themselves can think of who sadly had a troubled background and in and out of prison and he is passed away 5 YEARS AGO. I've gone through the stages of appeal and still in them but I really just can't get my head around that a person who is not longer living in this world and passed away 5 years can stop me from doing something I've wanted to do for so many years and put job offers and promotions on hold for.

There is a saying, I can choose my friends but I can't choose my family. I've gone to the local TD tried people who know people but yet stuck back to zero time and time again. The January intake will be the 6th one I've missed out on.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

What’s stage 4?

Stage 4 is fitness/medical/vetting so I don't think we've completed stage 4 until vetting is completed. Well that's what I think anyway

• Advertisement

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    First started my Application for the Guards in May 2017. Not to sound cocky but I flew through Medical and Physical OK. Vetting was outstanding for a long long time until I was told its completed and awaiting final decision. Final decision came via a posted letter in the door to say I would not be picked for the Guards due to ''Relationship with Family Members''

There is only 1 family member in question who my family themselves can think of who sadly had a troubled background and in and out of prison and he is passed away 5 YEARS AGO. I've gone through the stages of appeal and still in them but I really just can't get my head around that a person who is not longer living in this world and passed away 5 years can stop me from doing something I've wanted to do for so many years and put job offers and promotions on hold for.

There is a saying, I can choose my friends but I can't choose my family. I've gone to the local TD tried people who know people but yet stuck back to zero time and time again. The January intake will be the 6th one I've missed out on.

Thanks

That really not fair!! Keep fighting for it don’t give up. May I ask was he in big trouble with the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daryl231

Harveli18 wrote: »
    Just got a reply. They said my application is currently at stage 4 and has not yet reached completion and that I will be contacted in due course when it has reached completion. The same story again and they didn't reply to my question about whether it would be ready for January :/

I received that same email.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Whatyagonnnado

That really not fair!! Keep fighting for it don’t give up. May I ask was he in big trouble with the law?

Ya, that seems harsh. The only thing I would wonder did your family member have involvement in the paramilitary? Cant see why they would exclude you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

LB1197 wrote: »
    For this campaign the form B was sent right after the interview and had to be sent back before gp clearance so I'm thinking potentially this should speed it up. Also how long after your fitness does the medical and meeting your super take?

My medical, fitness and meeting the super all happened in a week. Passed the fitness test and the next day they got in contact to arrange the medical for like 4 days later in the Garda Headquarters in the Phoenix Park. That isn't the case for everyone though, the super didn't even know when my fitness and medical were. Also those people who are disheartened about their vetting still being outstanding, I rang Wednesday last week and I had outstanding vetting, and got an offer Friday morning, that's how quick it happens so keep the heads up!

Nothing too Major, He didn't murder anyone and wasn't in any organised crime gang. He just was locked up a few times. Can't go into detail but it's just so strange that it's stopping me from perusing MY Career

• Advertisement

Ya, that seems harsh. The only thing I would wonder did your family member have involvement in the paramilitary? Cant see why they would exclude you though.

No, not involved in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭LB1197

My medical, fitness and meeting the super all happened in a week. Passed the fitness test and the next day they got in contact to arrange the medical for like 4 days later in the Garda Headquarters in the Phoenix Park. That isn't the case for everyone though, the super didn't even know when my fitness and medical were. Also those people who are disheartened about their vetting still being outstanding, I rang Wednesday last week and I had outstanding vetting, and got an offer Friday morning, that's how quick it happens so keep the heads up!

Thanks for replying. Were you from the 2019 campaign or from 2018. Appreciate the info.

Thanks for replying. Were you from the 2019 campaign or from 2018. Appreciate the info.

2018 campaign, applied in May 2018. Completed all the stages by the end of March 2019, waited since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

2018 campaign, applied in May 2018. Completed all the stages by the end of March 2019, waited since then.

What oom were you

Dave3345 wrote: »
    What oom were you

OOM 452 after passing the interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Hoopy1888 wrote: »

Thanks

I started my application in March 2018 and im in a similar situation im waiting for vetting . My vetting is still outstanding. I have a family memeber who has been in trouble a few times but never in jail and it was flagged at my meeting with super. Im kinda getting worried now. I dont understand why your being punished it seems really unfair . Im half expecting the same reply you got. After all the time and effort and putting my life on hold its ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaunaN246

Anyone else with upcoming PCT struggling with the beep test?
    Been working so hard on it since I got the date and feel like I’m getting no where! Can run the distance needed in the time given but when it comes to the test I’m not even getting half way to what I need.
    Tried to defer and they wouldn’t let me so any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated Getting very stressed out as it’s on the 17th😭

ShaunaN246 wrote: »
    Anyone else with upcoming PCT struggling with the beep test?
    Been working so hard on it since I got the date and feel like I’m getting no where! Can run the distance needed in the time given but when it comes to the test I’m not even getting half way to what I need.
    Tried to defer and they wouldn’t let me so any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated Getting very stressed out as it’s on the 17th😭
    Watch some YouTube videos on it. Learn to time your runs in your head, no energy should be wasted. Count as you run, first 2 sets 8 seconds, 3rd 7 seconds 4th 7 seconds and so on. Once you have the times down you'll find it easier. Also you don't need to cross the line just touch one foot on it, that'll save some energy. Rather than turning your entire body, just touch it with your foot and then run back and use the other foot so you have a rhythm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ShaunaN246

Watch some YouTube videos on it. Learn to time your runs in your head, no energy should be wasted. Count as you run, first 2 sets 8 seconds, 3rd 7 seconds 4th 7 seconds and so on. Once you have the times down you'll find it easier. Also you don't need to cross the line just touch one foot on it, that'll save some energy. Rather than turning your entire body, just touch it with your foot and then run back and use the other foot so you have a rhythm.

Thanks for that, I like the counting idea I’ll definitely give that a try! Every bit helps at this stage

ShaunaN246 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I like the counting idea I’ll definitely give that a try! Every bit helps at this stage

Also helps keep your mind focused on making the times rather than how out of breath and tired you are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

For anyone waiting for an offer I'd say offers will be out again on Friday, Vetting can be tricky I've seen a lot of people being told they're vetting is outstanding and being signed off the very day they called so fingers crossed for anyone waiting who is currently waiting, I myself was put on the long finger because I had to do the Irish exam my oom was 210 after interview (2018 campaign) and I had issues with vetting and family abroad so hopefully since I got my offer last Friday the bulk of people waiting from the 2018 campaign will get their offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

For anyone waiting for an offer I'd say offers will be out again on Friday, Vetting can be tricky I've seen a lot of people being told they're vetting is outstanding and being signed off the very day they called so fingers crossed for anyone waiting who is currently waiting, I myself was put on the long finger because I had to do the Irish exam my oom was 210 after interview (2018 campaign) and I had issues with vetting and family abroad so hopefully since I got my offer last Friday the bulk of people waiting from the 2018 campaign will get their offers.

fingers crossed we do

ddylan wrote: »
    fingers crossed we do

Yup lets hope so

Hi just wondering do you have to stop on the line in the earlier rounds or the minute you touch it can you head for the next line.

Hi just wondering do you have to stop on the line in the earlier rounds or the minute you touch it can you head for the next line.

You run to the line wait for the beep and then run again to the line and so on.
    You want to go as slow as you can in the first 4 shuttles preserve as much energy for the change off pace

Jake5991 wrote: »
    You run to the line wait for the beep and then run again to the line and so on.
    You want to go as slow as you can in the first 4 shuttles preserve as much energy for the change off pace

Jake is right. Always wait for the beep to run, they'll call you out on it. Just place your foot on the line.

Can you explain what you mean by counting the shuttles. Just didn't quite get what you're talking about.

Congratulations! When did u finish everything?

Jake5991 wrote: »
    I started my application in March 2018 and im in a similar situation im waiting for vetting . My vetting is still outstanding. I have a family memeber who has been in trouble a few times but never in jail and it was flagged at my meeting with super. Im kinda getting worried now. I dont understand why your being punished it seems really unfair . Im half expecting the same reply you got. After all the time and effort and putting my life on hold its ridiculous.

Crazy alright.... Ill keep fighting for as long as I can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MRB2012

I applied in the September 2016 campaign, placed 23 OOM and only got called last week for January 2020. I have a big extended family, some at home and some abroad, some have been in trouble in the past. Vetting was also an issue for me but for anyone who feels like they are waiting a long time ... There’s hope for you yet! :)

Advertisement