Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Hi guys anyone any ideas when offers will start coming out for july.
    Assume if the intake is the start of july for the inductions maybe,the end of may will start the offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ducky30

Lets hope wrote: »
    Hi guys anyone any ideas when offers will start coming out for july.
    Assume if the intake is the start of july for the inductions maybe,the end of may will start the offers?

The next intakes are the:
    192- 15/07/2018
    193- 16/12/2019

Offers usually come out two weeks give or take previous to dates above.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

ducky30 wrote: »
    The next intakes are the:
    192- 15/07/2018
    193- 16/12/2019

Offers usually come out two weeks give or take previous to dates above.

A lot of employees are required to give a months notice, I wonder if they make allowances for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Henry2006 wrote: »
    A lot of employees are required to give a months notice, I wonder if they make allowances for that

For those signed off well in advance the offers went out earlier for April, i received mine with 4 weeks notice for April which I deferred. I assume the 1-2 weeks notice ones are people who were signed off just there and then, just did their medical etc.

However, no, if you get your offer with 1 weeks notice then tough luck really, you either accept, deny, or if you have a good reason, then defer. The date for starting the college won't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

bottar1 wrote: »
    For those signed off well in advance the offers went out earlier for April, i received mine with 4 weeks notice for April which I deferred. I assume the 1-2 weeks notice ones are people who were signed off just there and then, just did their medical etc.

However, no, if you get your offer with 1 weeks notice then tough luck really, you either accept, deny, or if you have a good reason, then defer. The date for starting the college won't change.

Very true and I’m sure everyone who’s got as far as having completed all stages has figured out a way to hand in their notice that’s acceptable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

From reading here my daughter could defer until next entry in order to complete her degree (she’s on year 3 of 4), assuming she gets in?

Just a passenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Mikefitzs wrote: »
    From reading here my daughter could defer until next entry in order to complete her degree (she’s on year 3 of 4), assuming she gets in?

If she gets an offer, then she should call HRM as soon as possible or before the deadline to accept the offer and ask them about deferring, they will ask her for the reason and possibly to e-mail it on.

If it is to complete a degree, they may even encourage her to defer as it is of benefit to her to complete it. If the reason is to complete a degree then she should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vital Work

Just got an offer for July! Starting induction on the 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EL11

Just got an offer for July 1st induction as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Linloop

Did ye do yer medicals long ago? Partner has it next week wounder could he still get july.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 EL11

Linloop wrote: »
    Did ye do yer medicals long ago? Partner has it next week wounder could he still get july.

I'm a deferral from April but I got the offer for April two weeks before induction was supposed to start. If his medical is next week and vetting is all clear I'd say there's every chance he'll get July.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cmcn90

I got my offer for July as well yesterday, delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 leixlipgirl

cmcn90 wrote: »
    I got my offer for July as well yesterday, delighted.

Can I please ask are you a deferral

EL11 wrote: »
    I'm a deferral from April but I got the offer for April two weeks before induction was supposed to start. If his medical is next week and vetting is all clear I'd say there's every chance he'll get July.:)

Heres hoping. Best of luck in your training.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

Is it only deferrals that got offers so far ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

When do ye think there will be an application again to apply for the guards? I'd imagine it might depend on how many get through and complete this year....

When do ye think there will be an application again to apply for the guards? I'd imagine it might depend on how many get through and complete this year....

The date for 2019 closed the 24th of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ekox

jwals2130 wrote: »
    I got an offer for July and I wasn’t a deferral!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Ekox wrote: »

Are you from the 2018 or 2017 Campaign? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ekox

Hoopy1888 wrote: »

Are you from the 2018 or 2017 Campaign? Cheers

I’m from 2018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

Hands up if you are still waiting and from 2016/2017🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Hands up if you are still waiting and from 2016/2017��

Hands are up..... Currently at ''With commissioner, awaiting sign off''

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

Ekox wrote: »
    jwals2130 wrote: »
    When did you do the medical ?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Redfox21 wrote: »
    Hands up if you are still waiting and from 2016/2017🙌

I’m from 2017
    i was placed 78 on the order of merit.

Interview - 25th September 2017
    vetting started - 26th January 2018
    Medical - 05th February 2018
    PCT - 23rd June 2018

I think it crazy I rang today and waiting to be signed off

• Registered Users Posts: 37 rossd92

I applied back in May 2018. Passed everything except the eyesight in time for the April intake and since then have gotten laser eye surgery and sent in the results. So all i am waiting on is the doctor to review the results, which are well within the standard now, and sign off on them and then i get an offer. But the doctor is taking long enough to sign it. Anyone have any idea about what to do other than just wait around???

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Hot_Fuzz

rossd92 wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea about what to do other than just wait around???

Dunno, listen to some music, watch some Line of Duty? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EMD1990

From June 2017 myself. Passed Medical last year, no word on physical, never got a date, but I am on 'awaiting signing off'. No more info on why this is the reason. Perplexing enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Folks down 9.7kg to 81.1kg which makes my BMI 28.0

For anybody who got deferred, would you recommend goin in 2/3 weeks before your assigned date to get it out of the day? I’ve 3 weeks and a couple of days left

Oscar!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

What is the number to ring to check on vetting - I'm waiting to have my local interview which i dependant on clearance. I have done all other stages successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 minionpower

Waestrel wrote: »
    What is the number to ring to check on vetting - I'm waiting to have my local interview which i dependant on clearance. I have done all other stages successfully.

The number is (01) 666 2571

Advertisement