Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

MRB2012 wrote: »
    I applied in the September 2016 campaign, placed 23 OOM and only got called last week for January 2020. I have a big extended family, some at home and some abroad, some have been in trouble in the past. Vetting was also an issue for me but for anyone who feels like they are waiting a long time ... There’s hope for you yet! :)

Wow that's a long wait. Im engaged and trying to pick dates for a wedding and my other half is going crazy over all this .

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Deadpixel2024!

LB1197 wrote: »
    Can you explain what you mean by counting the shuttles. Just didn't quite get what you're talking about.

Sure, what I mean is to count the seconds between the beep. So you start level 1, it should take 8 seconds between beeps for that level, so as you run, count in your head to 8 and you should arrive just before or at the beep. This will help to pace you and retain energy as you won't be going too fast. As the levels go on you count to 7 and 6 and 5 and so on, it will help give you the right pace and an idea of when the beep is going to happen and when you should speed up or slow down. It worked really well for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

Userdb wrote: »
    Congratulations! When did u finish everything?

Finished everything in September. Did my Meeting with Sgt. In June and my meeting with the Superintendent in Early August. Physical in August and Medical in September

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

Finished everything in September. Did my Meeting with Sgt. In June and my meeting with the Superintendent in Early August. Physical in August and Medical in September

Everything came together for u very quickly so. Well done

In the end it did. I went from January to June without hearing anything. Had to do an irish exam so I did that in January and then got my gp from in June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Anyone hear of any offers going out today?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Not yet, but here’s hoping!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Ye usually around 3oclock the offers come out. I'm praying I hear something..

Oh hopefully!!!!

Fingers crossed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Daryl231

Fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mh2019

Got an offer yesterday for January too. Absolutely delighted :)

So there ya are lads not today, it was yesterday

mh2019 wrote: »
    Got an offer yesterday for January too. Absolutely delighted :)

What date? And whats was your oom if u don’t mind me asking

Induction starting 13th January and then start training on the 27th January. Im from the 2018 campaign. No problems with the first 3 stages OOM was 680 after interview - done fitness test in august and then failed medical so had to get my eyes done 7 weeks ago. I got email yesterday after 5 so more offers could still come out today :)

No i have heard anything either boys . Just keeping up the faith here haha

mh2019 wrote: »
    Induction starting 13th January and then start training on the 27th January. Im from the 2018 campaign. No problems with the first 3 stages OOM was 680 after interview - done fitness test in august and then failed medical so had to get my eyes done 7 weeks ago. I got email yesterday after 5 so more offers could still come out today :)

Fair play congratulations!!

Jake5991 wrote: »
    No i have heard anything either boys . Just keeping up the faith here haha

Yep I feel ya

Yep I feel ya

Are you from 2018 aswell ?

Are you from 2018 aswell ?

Yep I am. It’s really dragging on now

• Advertisement

Yep I am. It’s really dragging on now

Yup its a pain. Cant plan anything

If there is a whatsapp group set up for january DM me - Id like to get added thanks :)

Anyone looking to join the WhatsApp group pm me

Yup its a pain. Cant plan anything

It's getting so frustrating. I just seen on another thread that someone from 2019 campaign who just completed medical yesterday received an offer today. I can't make sense of the whole thing. Very disheartening

Ye thats not really fair . 2019 shouldnt get picked over 2018 . Doesnt make sense . Did they get better results in tests than us or something ??

Harveli18 wrote: »
    It's getting so frustrating. I just seen on another thread that someone from 2019 campaign who just completed medical yesterday received an offer today. I can't make sense of the whole thing. Very disheartening

I wish they would just tell us we are not getting it like !

Exactly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dave3345

I’d say if you finished high in 2019 campaign maybe they get prioritised if they finish higher then people from previous campaigns. I haven’t a clue how it works really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Dave Ryan20

Exactly!!

Totally agree lads. I’m in the same boat getting frustrating now seeing the newer campaign passing us out

• Advertisement

-_-

Advertisement