Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Same as the above, got my offer yesterday for induction on the 20th, can I beg for the WhatsApp too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Chrismc1997

Anyone wanting to join the group chat pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

Has anyone who applied in April heard anything back yet? I've passed everything to date, including the PCT on the first go, but I'm still waiting to go see the local Superintendent.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

OBrien1991 wrote: »
    I'm from the 2018 campaign and I also train the first aid in templemore to all the new intakes for the past 2 years. I still haven't been called as "Vetting is outstanding" this intake in January is the lowest intake for the past 2 years. There was 55 students on the January 13th induction week and suppose to be 80 students on the 20th. We got a call friday evening to only send 4 first aid instructors instead of 10 as they could only get just over 30 students to start on the 20th. While I'm waiting nearly 2 years and HQ telling me it's nearly all finished. There is only about 70 students starting their training on the 27th which is well below usual intakes and under the budget they have to recruit.

I can't see why more isn't done on the vetting side to get people in instead they keep opening Recruitment and being over loaded with applications. They next intake we are told is early April but no date has been confirmed as of yet. If is miss that one I'll have to repeat Medical and fitness as I passed everything first time around,

It's just so annoying the way they can't give you any sort of timeframe of how long your vetting is going to take. I actually thought that I would have gotten in back in July and then I told myself surely November and then I was fully convinced I would be offered a place in January but vetting still outstanding. I'm afraid to get my hopes up for the next intake. Every time I email its just the same response and its just so frustrating I would love to know why my vetting is taking so long.
    There seems to be a few others in the same both too which is a bit of a consolation I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Harveli18 wrote: »
    It's just so annoying the way they can't give you any sort of timeframe of how long your vetting is going to take. I actually thought that I would have gotten in back in July and then I told myself surely November and then I was fully convinced I would be offered a place in January but vetting still outstanding. I'm afraid to get my hopes up for the next intake. Every time I email its just the same response and its just so frustrating I would love to know why my vetting is taking so long.
    There seems to be a few others in the same both too which is a bit of a consolation I suppose.

Yup im that boat too . Just have to be patient i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

does anyone know if the official dates for all this year intakes have been published? also will the next intake be delayed due to the general election?

Just heard from someone who was down on the 13th for their induction that they're no longer starting their training on the 27th and that it has been postponed for 3 weeks. Possibly to get more numbers? Fingers crossed we hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Fingers and toes crossed losing the faith now altogether

Fingers and toes crossed losing the faith now altogether

Same as that!!

Same as that!!

I was weighing off for april i got stuuf planned for the next month or two

• Advertisement

Just heard from someone who was down on the 13th for their induction that they're no longer starting their training on the 27th and that it has been postponed for 3 weeks. Possibly to get more numbers? Fingers crossed we hear something

Aim for April guys. From what I've heard, January intake was pushed back two weeks because the college needs to rush through/finish up armed response training due to everything going on in Dublin at the moment, I don't think the postponement has anything to do with numbers (unfortunately) :(

its so annoying cant plan holidays atall or anything life literally on hold for over a year now

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Hi, can someone give me the email for HR, I’m from 2018 campaign & it’s very frustrating to be stuck in limbo!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 deniseecath

Anyone who heard the rumours of being pushed back beyond the 27th, that is true. Official word from HRM and GTO is the 10th February for commencement of training.

As for HRM's email: 'appointments@garda.ie'

I'm from the 2018 campaign and passed everything including the medical since August 2019. I literally just emailed them every two weeks, asking for an update on my file. Just keep asking and be polite when you do. :)

Anyone who heard the rumours of being pushed back beyond the 27th, that is not true. Official word from HRM and GTO is the 27th for commencement of training.

As for HRM's email: 'appointments@garda.ie'

I'm from the 2018 campaign and passed everything including the medical since August 2019. I literally just emailed them every two weeks, asking for an update on my file. Just keep asking and be polite when you do. :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Tmac35 wrote: »
    Hi, can someone give me the email for HR, I’m from 2018 campaign & it’s very frustrating to be stuck in limbo!!!!!

It is frustrating people on here are waiting longer
    Im from 2017 and awaiting decision on my file with everything completed and vetting back since sept 18..
    Cant get answer from them

Lets hope wrote: »
    Im from 2017 and awaiting decision on my file with everything completed and vetting back since sept 18..

Oh my God that's absolutely crazy!! You must be so frustrated

Were you ever in touble or ever have anyone in your family in trouble ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

Jake5991 wrote: »
    Were you ever in touble or ever have anyone in your family in trouble ?

Ive never been in trouble no.

Ive never been in trouble no.

Oh i dont know its disgraceful

• Advertisement

Do people think there will be a delay in new intakes if there is a new government?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

I did spinning classes in an altitude chamber four times a week for four weeks coming up to the beep test, the altitude chamber forces your lungs to work harder because oxygen is brought down to only 20%, thats probably the only thing that got me trough the beep test.

supremealtitudefitness.com this is where i went, it may be too far away for you but if you live near Bray check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conboy6

Im from 2017 as well and have been told several different things from HRM, they don’t seem to have a clue how to do their job and give different answers everytime I’ve contacted them:
    Mostly awaiting sign off from senior management then also get told it hasn’t even left the office, it’s been at final checks a few times as well. These excuses have been given to me since well before April last year, only started keeping note of their excuses from April.

Conboy6 wrote: »
    Im from 2017 as well and have been told several different things from HRM, they don’t seem to have a clue how to do their job and give different answers everytime I’ve contacted them:
    Mostly awaiting sign off from senior management then also get told it hasn’t even left the office, it’s been at final checks a few times as well. These excuses have been given to me since well before April last year, only started keeping note of their excuses from April.

My identical twin's vetting is done and she's in Templemore ... you'd think that'd speed my vetting up, but nope :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

This wait is just a killer .. I’m from 2018, does your medical and fitness run out after a year and do they contact you to re do it or?

dubsgal wrote: »
    This wait is just a killer .. I’m from 2018, does your medical and fitness run out after a year and do they contact you to re do it or?

I’m in the same boat as yourself. It’s 2 years they last for.

Im 2018 as well just keep the training up lads .

I read online they were meant to take on 800 last year and only took in 600 and same as this year i think was meant to be 800 and they are taking in 700. They are hiring more civilian s to free up guards from admin duty.

So maybe this would explain the backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LadyMacbeth123

SeanD123 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering who I would email just to get info on deferring, havent gotten an offer or anything but I'm studying a degree until May so would just wanna check that it's okay to defer if offered a place

I did recently; PM me for info if you like! When do you have to let them know to defer by?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dubsgal

Tmac35 wrote: »
    I’m in the same boat as yourself. It’s 2 years they last for.

Ohright that’s okay so I thought it was just the year! Hopefully we hear something April/May .. my Garda vetting is still ongoing that’s all the info i get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Userdb

dubsgal wrote: »
    Ohright that’s okay so I thought it was just the year! Hopefully we hear something April/May .. my Garda vetting is still ongoing that’s all the info i get

Me too. Keep asking questions and they are giving me nothing. Not light just left in the dart. Very disheartening

Advertisement