Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment July Intake (2019)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Hendo98

Anyone who wants to get added to the July intake whatsapp group pm me and I'll get you sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Just got an offer there for 1st july!
    Congrats to ya well done !

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ddylan

Has anyone that lived a abroad for a year got their full vetting complete and got an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ash_Ha

ddylan wrote: »
    Has anyone that lived a abroad for a year got their full vetting complete and got an offer?

I haven’t anyway. I lived in Oz for a year I’m putting delay down to that..

Ash_Ha wrote: »
    I haven’t anyway. I lived in Oz for a year I’m putting delay down to that..

how long are you waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 SimonDublin

Yahoo, got offered today, 1st of July induction.

how long are you waiting?

have you also had your meeting with the Super?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jwals2130

1st july :)

have you also had your meeting with the Super?

2018 campaign. Oom 18 . Done my meeting with him back in Jan ..

2018 campaign. Oom 18 . Done my meeting with him back in Jan ..

Oh really? i done mine in april and am 299. not much hope for me getting in this one if you havent got called. Very annoying they dont give you a proper update

• Advertisement

Oh really? i done mine in april and am 299. not much hope for me getting in this one if you havent got called. Very annoying they dont give you a proper update

I rang just to see was that the case but they couldn’t say. I have a big enough family too so it could also be that that’s holding me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LukeCoyler

For everyone still waiting: I lived abroad in Oz for a year, and have family on England and Oz. These definitely give a bit of a delay. Also if your family have had run ins with the guards in the past that could also delay it.. I got called BACK into the Super because there was records from some family, and he just needed to clear it up before I got the call. Emailing/ringing HRM did nothing for me; same response everytime. Hope some of this helps!

LukeCoyler wrote: »
    For everyone still waiting: I lived abroad in Oz for a year, and have family on England and Oz. These definitely give a bit of a delay. Also if your family have had run ins with the guards in the past that could also delay it.. I got called BACK into the Super because there was records from some family, and he just needed to clear it up before I got the call. Emailing/ringing HRM did nothing for me; same response everytime. Hope some of this helps!

how long did your vetting take to complete after you had your interview with the Super? had mine in April and hoping to get a july offer

how long did your vetting take to complete after you had your interview with the Super? had mine in April and hoping to get a july offer

I had my interview with Sergeant and Super at the end of Feb before my physical and medical. Physical was start of March, Medical was 2 weeks later. Had been waiting on vetting since then, and got the offer yesterday. I didnt get an email either to say my vetting was complete like some people have.. I just got the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sabrinam002

I had my interview with Sergeant and Super at the end of Feb before my physical and medical. Physical was start of March, Medical was 2 weeks later. Had been waiting on vetting since then, and got the offer yesterday. I didnt get an email either to say my vetting was complete like some people have.. I just got the offer.

My uncle is holding me up I know well :( I didn't hide the fact that he was up to his eyeballs in bits and pieces though and the sergeant and super were happy enough that I told them but still it takes sooo long!

My uncle is holding me up I know well :( I didn't hide the fact that he was up to his eyeballs in bits and pieces though and the sergeant and super were happy enough that I told them but still it takes sooo long!

Tell me about it. Luckily enough Im not close to the family that were involved, so once I said that there were no worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Redfox21

So how to explain mine situation... I'm from 2017 13 yrs in Ireland before in my country of origin(European). Family really small none of them had nothing to do with the police.. Still waiting... Don't know why

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Linloop

How do you know your oom??

Linloop wrote: »
    How do you know your oom??

It’s the one ya get when you get your interview results. By the looks of things tho I don’t think it makes much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Linloop

It’s the one ya get when you get your interview results. By the looks of things tho I don’t think it makes much of a difference.

Ah ok my hubby was 134 did physical mid april and medical mid may. He emailed yesterday told vetting is still outstanding so t he wait continues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Lynch93

Just wondering has anyone else completed every stage but yet to be called to meet their local seargent or Super? I passed interview in October and medical and physical February and early March but yet to hear anything from my local station.

Lynch93 wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone else completed every stage but yet to be called to meet their local seargent or Super? I passed interview in October and medical and physical February and early March but yet to hear anything from my local station.

That seems odd? Have you contacted HRM?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

I only met my locals after completing all stages

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Hey, would anyone here know of any dates been offered yet for the physical.
    I've read someone say the 21st - is this the earliest and also likely to be the last? Thanks

That seems odd? Have you contacted HRM?

Yeah I have, just been told that vetting still outstanding and that my information has been forwarded to my local station. So I think it's up to the station.

montanas wrote: »
    I only met my locals after completing all stages

I have all stages completed since late Feb/early March. Just annoying that this might be only thing stopping me from getting an intake offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mright123

I have all stages completed since late Feb/early March. Just annoying that this might be only thing stopping me from getting an intake offer.
    Did you get in contact with your Local Station? What did they say?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 montanas

It is annoying alright, my medical was in may, pct in july, met sgt late, super in late sep. No harm to call in your local station and ask for a sgt tgat does vetting. Your file could be there already, misplaced..

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tmac35

Hey, would anyone here know of any dates been offered yet for the physical.
    I've read someone say the 21st - is this the earliest and also likely to be the last? Thanks

I got the 21st

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Tmac35 wrote: »
    I got the 21st

Thanks, still waiting here to be called for mine.

Advertisement