Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for Extension

Options
  • 15-04-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Bought our house from Dublin City Council this time last year on the incremental purchase scheme. I've lived in the house since I was born. So good to be able to own it.
    The front and back garden is huge! We could easily build another two houses in the garden.
    We are looking to build an extension about 4ft x 8ft double story out the side. The husband and his dad will be building it so it will be at cost. So we can't put an exact total cost on it.
    How much do architects usually charge for doing up the drawing (husband can do good enough autocad drawings) and is it easy enough to submit the planning yourself or best off the let an architect do it.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bought our house from Dublin City Council this time last year on the incremental purchase scheme. I've lived in the house since I was born. So good to be able to own it.
    The front and back garden is huge! We could easily build another two houses in the garden.
    We are looking to build an extension about 4ft x 8ft double story out the side. The husband and his dad will be building it so it will be at cost. So we can't put an exact total cost on it.
    How much do architects usually charge for doing up the drawing (husband can do good enough autocad drawings) and is it easy enough to submit the planning yourself or best off the let an architect do it.

The lodgement is technically easy, if you know what your doing.
    I don’t let clients do bits and pieces tbh

The risk you take is the wording is wrong or you make a mistake matching the wording across all the mediums.

Best to let the person preparing the application do the full works as it may work out more expensive if you run into invalidations.

Advertisement