Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lamb crunch

• 15-04-2019 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Lads what protein percent shd one be looking for in a lamb crunch or pellet. I have been checking out some feed mills and it ranges from 14.5.5_18. Also which do you recommend for best results crunch or pellets

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

karolmc100 wrote: »
    Lads what protein percent shd one be looking for in a lamb crunch or pellet. I have been checking out some feed mills and it ranges from 14.5.5_18. Also which do you recommend for best results crunch or pellets

18% cooked lamb crunch from a week old and change them over to something cheaper when they're eating .5kg+/day

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭karolmc100

wrangler wrote: »
    18% cooked lamb crunch from a week old and change them over to something cheaper when they're eating .5kg+/day

What sort of money is cooked ration making. Salesrep told me that there is new research showing that a lower protein is better now not sure whether he was spuffing tough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

karolmc100 wrote: »
    What sort of money is cooked ration making. Salesrep told me that there is new research showing that a lower protein is better now not sure whether he was spuffing tough

He probably didn't tell you that it's not economical to feed march born lambs meal, we never feed lambs meals until they're 36kgs because it doesn't pay.
    You won't have march born lambs slaughtered before the price drops
    Orphan lambs here get cooked crunch at the start because it gets them onto meals quicker and off milk earlier and then they get intensive lamb ration,
    Put more effort into grass quality and you'll save the expense of meals

Advertisement