Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours Ban

Options
  • 15-04-2019 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hello,

I would like to dispute a ban I received from after hours.

The thread in question is this one:

<snip>

Moderator's name is Sephiroth_dude. I have discussed this matter with them by PM.

The post that has been flagged as "trolling" is quoted below.

<snip>

I believe this is a case of misinterpretation of the intentions behind my comment.

Based on the feedback I have received, it appears the mod in question has wrongly interpreted my post as being deliberately "insensitive"and "trolling".

But when questioned further on the reasons why they made this assertion, they did not present any evidence or explanation, but merely stated that "if you even have to ask why your post was disgusting and totally insensitive ,I worry for you and I'm not explaining it to you."

Now, I understand that we all misinterpret the meaning or intentions behind posts all the time. And I will hold my hands up and admit, my posts are quite regularly misinterpreted by people. But when someone just straight up refuses to explain their reasoning, I feel this is quite disrespectful.

I was not trying to upset anyone with my post in that thread. I made a genuine attempt to show sympathy. I feel I expressed this quite clearly in my PMs to Sephiroth_dude. But they dismissed these points without explanation.

I do not have any kind of bad record on this forum for "trolling" behaviour. And yet I have now received a permanent ban from after hours, while attempting to show sympathy for someone who had sadly passed away in tragic circumstances.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have removed 2 parts of your post. This thread linked to is clearly very sensitive and the post which has been deleted from the AH thread made something out as fact that I simply do not know is true. Regardless that thread is not the place to make such a statement

The edited parts are available for the CMod to review. However I am not sure this is something that should be aired in this forum at this particular time

I'm pretty sure I can work out what the mod acted on and indeed why, so if you would like to PM me I will discuss it with you in private. For now though, given the sensitivities, I am locking the thread in the hope this can be dealt with outside the glare of the DRP

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement