Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taxi service with guaranteed bus?

Options
  • 15-04-2019 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit pissed, because i frequently see single persons being picked up by 10-seater buses or similar.

now we will be flying from Dublin next Saturday, we need to get to Patrick's quay before 5. with 4 people and 4 bigger suitcases a corolla won't do. but not a single taxi company a call can guarantee a bus? they always send 2 taxis, which means i pay double. what the f?

how can i make sure i get one of those mythical buses that don't seem to exist when i need them?

Comments

You need to get the direct contact details for a taxi not call a company. Most taxis even those who work for a company have their own cards they hand out with their direct contact.

If you mean 5am the Biggest issue will be getting one who is working at that time I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

murfilein wrote: »
    I'm a bit pissed, because i frequently see single persons being picked up by 10-seater buses or similar.

now we will be flying from Dublin next Saturday, we need to get to Patrick's quay before 5. with 4 people and 4 bigger suitcases a corolla won't do. but not a single taxi company a call can guarantee a bus? they always send 2 taxis, which means i pay double. what the f?

how can i make sure i get one of those mythical buses that don't seem to exist when i need them?

I use a guy called James a lot, reliable and a good clean minibus but not sure he will do 5am. Worth a call though, I'll PM his number

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Between the extra charge for a minibus etc you wouldn't end up paying much more than it would cost for 2 regular taxis anyway OP, they love slapping on extra charges anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

I use a guy called James a lot, reliable and a good clean minibus but not sure he will do 5am. Worth a call though, I'll PM his number

thank you, appreciate it!

Advertisement