Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE49NU8000 Subtitles

• 15-04-2019 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I took delivery of this TV from Amazon at the weekend. According to the Saorview website it is Saorview approved. But I can't get it to show subtitles on Saorview channels. Surely if it is approved it should show the subtitles. It shows UK channel subtitles OK. If you happen to have this model of TV I would like to know if yours displays the Saorview subtitles OK or not.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭StreetLight

egal wrote: »
    I took delivery of this TV from Amazon at the weekend. According to the Saorview website it is Saorview approved. But I can't get it to show subtitles on Saorview channels. Surely if it is approved it should show the subtitles. It shows UK channel subtitles OK. If you happen to have this model of TV I would like to know if yours displays the Saorview subtitles OK or not.

if the TV is tuned under UK settings it will not show subtitles with Saorview. See if you can retune with the country setting for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭egal

Tried that. Didn't work I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Is there an option in the menu to select the subtitle type, DVB or Teletext. Saorview uses Teletext while the UK uses DVB subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭egal

Didn't see anything like that. The TV is Saorview approved. Maybe it's faulty.

Advertisement