Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight name - problem

Options
  • 16-04-2019 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Just booked a family holiday. One passenger was put down as Mary Murphy (not real name). But on her passport it's Mary Jane Murphy. The Jane bit was left out. The flight is booked with Ryanair - Ireland to France.

Will this be an issue - what would we need to do? It was booked today, flight is in about 3 months. Do we contact Ryanair and throw ourselves on their mercy :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 gledge

No thats fine, I have the same on my passport and rarely use middle name when booking. Ryanair will change free of charge for something like I'd imagine if you are still worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Get on to their chat and have it changed to be sure and set your mind at ease.

They do give a grace period following booking for situations like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Ryan air quoting €115 minimum. Knowing them that's each way.

€160 through customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Forget about it. Won't be an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Ryan air quoting €115 minimum. Knowing them that's each way.

€160 through customer support.

Have you gone onto customer support. They'll do it free. Either way is not needed. My middle name is on passport but never put it when booking

• Advertisement

gledge wrote: »
    No thats fine, I have the same on my passport and rarely use middle name when booking. Ryanair will change free of charge for something like I'd imagine if you are still worried.

Cheers. Will risk it. We'll book in early on the day and if we have to we'll pay at the time (possibly astronomical at that stage if necessary, but we'll risk it).

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I've never put my middle name on a flight booking, even though it is on my passport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I frequently fly with Ryanair and have never included my middle name, or my children's. It is not a problem. Don't worry about it.

Have you gone onto customer support. They'll do it free. Either way is not needed. My middle name is on passport but never put it when booking

Super, that's good to hear. Don't want to give them advance warning, you know... being Ryanair. I think what Ryanair have done to the airline industry is fantastic, but, you know... :pac:

Thanks everyone, mind at rest :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It only becomes an issue with Ryanair when using a voucher. If the name on the voucher does not match exactly that on the passport you can't use it, but as others have said it wont be an issue otherwise. I also have my middle name on passport but rarely on bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I go by my middle name. Have my passport with my full name but only ever book with my middle name and last name

Occasionally I’ll gave stuff booked in my first name and last name by the travel desk at work. And I’ve never had an issue

Advertisement