Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Levmoss Park under floor heating

Options
  • 16-04-2019 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello everyone,

We are looking at buying an apartment in one of the buildings in the Levmoss Park estate.
    The apartment has under floor heating and we wanted to ask for advice here as we've heard conflicting information from different sources.
    Some say the bills are huge, it's always cold and impossible to heat the place up. Some say it's grand.
    The apartment does have floor to ceiling windows and a lot of them, so I'm a bit worried there.

Any personal experience with Weavers Hall,Levmoss Hall, Mimosa Hall buildings? Think all of them are similar.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

auris00 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

We are looking at buying an apartment in one of the buildings in the Levmoss Park estate.
    The apartment has under floor heating and we wanted to ask for advice here as we've heard conflicting information from different sources.
    Some say the bills are huge, it's always cold and impossible to heat the place up. Some say it's grand.
    The apartment does have floor to ceiling windows and a lot of them, so I'm a bit worried there.

Any personal experience with Weavers Hall,Levmoss Hall, Mimosa Hall buildings? Think all of them are similar.

Thanks

What’s the BER? That’s usually a good sign.

I lived in the duplex’s. No issue with heat there.

My wife’s cousin lives in the apartments. She has never said anything about the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 auris00

Different BER ratings depending on the apartments - ground floor has C2 it seems and first and higher floors have B3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maurice9

Hi, we are renting at Mimosa Hall and we have to use 3 electric fan heaters ( 2 bed+living ) but we are in a corner with 4 floor to ceiling windows... I can tell you the system is tricky and is not easiest to fix! And you need to have patience for warming up the apartment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

auris00 wrote: »
    Different BER ratings depending on the apartments - ground floor has C2 it seems and first and higher floors have B3.
    Ground floor is probably leaking some heat to the ground then - hence higher bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

recedite wrote: »
    Ground floor is probably leaking some heat to the ground then - hence higher bills.

Upper floors receive a parasitic heat gain off the lower floors (if heated). Same applies to terraced houses vs semi detached and semi detached vs detached

• Advertisement
Advertisement