Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque clearance

Options
  • 16-04-2019 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I lodged a BOI cheque on 1/4/2109 yo my ulster bank account and the funds still haven’t been cleared yet. It is now 12 working days, this seems like a very long time. I’ve been back to my branch and they told me it can take up to 4 weeks with BOI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

I lodged a BOI cheque on 1/4/2109 yo my ulster bank account and the funds still haven’t been cleared yet. It is now 12 working days, this seems like a very long time. I’ve been back to my branch and they told me it can take up to 4 weeks with BOI

Hi Andykelly34,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. If the cheque has been drawn from an NI account and being lodged to an ROI account or vice versa it can take up to 4 weeks to be cleared on the account as it would be deemed as a Foreign cheque.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Andykelly34

Hi Andykelly34,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards. If the cheque has been drawn from an NI account and being lodged to an ROI account or vice versa it can take up to 4 weeks to be cleared on the account as it would be deemed as a Foreign cheque.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

Hi jennifer

The cheque was from a ROI account from the branch on Stephens green

Hi jennifer

The cheque was from a ROI account from the branch on Stephens green

Thanks for the information Andy and is the cheque being lodged to another account within ROI?

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Andykelly34

Thanks for the information Andy and is the cheque being lodged to another account within ROI?

Thanks Jen

Yes it was lodged to my ROI ulster bank account in coolock village on 1/4/19

Yes it was lodged to my ROI ulster bank account in coolock village on 1/4/19

Thanks Andy.

In this case we would recommend that you contact your own Bank and they follow up on this by raising a Bank to Bank query as this should have been cleared within 5 days of the cheque being lodged to your account in Ulster Bank.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement
Advertisement