Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wing126 wrote: »
    Nope!
    McDermotX wrote: »
    No......payment is taken day before as a standing charge usually, and deducted when collected.

Nice one, went with disc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    I'm in. Legends the lot of yas.

Went for digital version, but unfortunately home delivery as no click and collect.

Yeah looks like they have dicided not to send digital only consoles to any stores for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭johng906

Pre-order in yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Email from Smyths just there with links to pre order both versions if you registered interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I pre-ordered but the site kicked me out after putting in my details.

I then pre-ordered again and it worked.

But I then got two emails confirming two pre-orders. Hoping they don't cancel both on me now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Virtual queue with a deposit? that's crazy!

Anyway for Smyths, from their help section on preorders
    No payment upfront or deposit online
    Chosen payment method will be pre-authorised 2 - 7 days before item becomes available

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Happy days ordered the disc version, camera and headset. Weeks holidays booked from the 19th! Ye reckon they should be good for day one collection?? We are in very early in fairness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Base console already out of stock in all stores, so would recommend getting any kind of pre-order in quickly if at all interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

How in the world is it cheaper in the long run?

Disc copies of the games drop in price much faster than Digital.
    Diff countries/sales, gameshare, reselling sites never lose your library.

I have got assassin creed valhalla and cyberpunk for less than 100 and il never lose them, the hassle of not having to go to a physical shop to trade in games is also worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Smyths is now sold out for click and collect apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No Smyths store near me for collection, not sure I want home delivery would rather be able to go in and pick it up

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Ya Disk version is out of stock for click and collect in all stores now

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyway, it's been fun.
    Thanks for the heads up on the preorders

I'm off to listen to some Coldplay.... I mean off to bed.

Base console already out of stock in all stores, so would recommend getting any kind of pre-order in quickly if at all interested!

Showing out of stock for every store now (disk version).

Wing126 wrote:

Wow that was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'm pinning my hopes on Currys :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Yep sold out, obvioulsy just put up a small amount. Just got in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Got one preordered click and collect smiths sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just missed out, had a ps5 selected but by the time I hit pay they were all gone. Raging I got no notification from Smyths, and had literally stopped looking at ps5 stuff for 10 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,713 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jesus... Didn't even think the preorders would be up until tomorrow morning, was only by chance I saw the message here earlier and preordered then.

Thanks again man, i had stopped refreshing and about to head to bed, saved me and a lot of folks here panicking in the morning. Good karma coming your way!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

McFly85 wrote: »
    Just missed out, had a ps5 selected but by the time I hit pay they were all gone. Raging I got no notification from Smyths, and had literally stopped looking at ps5 stuff for 10 mins.

They still have them for delivery just not click and collect!

Makes yoy think if they're already sold out that those if us who got in shoukd be good for day one? They surely only put up a Conservative number for pre order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Hate Smyths. Tried 3 accounts, 3 bank cards, collection and delivery but all cancelled for whatever reason. I order something online every month never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Curry's, harvey norman, littlewoods, argos, Amazon will all have them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just pre ordered on Smyths and got my confirmation email, payment won't be taken till the week before shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Penn wrote: »

Better be on people who ordered first there. The feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Putting in card details for collection then it was sold out. Got one for home delivery, does that make a difference!?

• Advertisement

I just got a text off them...but late haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement