Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cheers for the Smyths heads up. Managed to get 8 pre-ordered.

(I'm joking.)

(I only managed to get 7 :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Makes yoy think if they're already sold out that those if us who got in shoukd be good for day one? They surely only put up a Conservative number for pre order.

I should imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Better be on people who ordered first there. The feckers.

It will be, you will have been put in the list for the store in order. Depending on allocation hopefully you get one. Call them tomorrow to check

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thanks again man, I had stopped refreshing and about to head to bed, saved me and a lot of folks here panicking in the morning. Good karma coming your way!

Very much so I was just about to head up myself!
    He/she is a legend from here on in for me! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Pre-ordered the disk version for home delivery. Was in 2 minds whether to do that or click and collect, but went with the delivery. What are Smyths like for delivery normally?

Cheers for the heads up lads! Was about to switch off and look again in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

dan786 wrote: »
    Hate Smyths. Tried 3 accounts, 3 bank cards, collection and delivery but all cancelled for whatever reason. I order something online every month never an issue.

Must be something with your browser or cookies because that seems very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

€50 deposit to join the queue but free to sit on a guaranteed order.

Classic GameStop.

I am going into them tomorrow. Sure not even sure which one I have the deposit on as they never asked when doing it. I want the disc version so will see what they say tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I made a rough (translate: incredibly hamfisted :pac:) - comparison between the PS4 Pro and PS5 dimensions.

The split in the box is roughly how wide the console will be. The height of the box is roughly the height of the console and then there's the depth on top.

This thing is gonna be ginormous :eek::eek::eek:

https://imgur.com/a/iUO98TG :pac::pac::pac:

I know my PS4 Pro needs a dusting. I'm waiting for some compressed air :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got one in Smyths thanks to following this thread but it sucks that signing up to register interest on Smyths meant nothing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

shrewdness wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the disk version for home delivery. Was in 2 minds whether to do that or click and collect, but went with the delivery. What are Smyths like for delivery normally?

Probably not get it on day1 what with covid and all that

That’s why I just went with clicknCollect at least I get grab it myself day 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

I got one in Smyths thanks to following this thread but it sucks that signing up to register interest on Smyths meant nothing at all.

They did send and email

shrewdness wrote: »

Last time I got delivery from Smyths it was 2 days from order to delivery. I was going to go with pickup as well but checked the calendar and saw that 19/11 is a Thursday. Confident I'll have it for the weekend (if my pre-order at 23:22 was early enough to get one from their first allocation).

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Is the €0 charge from Smyths being rejected bad? Never got any cancellation emails so hopefully I'm good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

It will be, you will have been put in the list for the store in order. Depending on allocation hopefully you get one. Call them tomorrow to check

Thanks for that, I will as I put 100 down on it on 31st December. Crazy gamestop taking orders since November /December I think. Like tons won't get it there so glad a lot here got it on smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Oat23 wrote: »
    Cheers for the Smyths heads up. Managed to get 8 pre-ordered.

(I'm joking.)

(I only got managed to get 7 :( )

Is there a "One Per Customer" rule does anyone know?

I pre-ordered two by accident. I feel like a pr1ck knowing I've just blocked someone from pre-ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got one in Smyth's for collection. Didn't want to pay now so used a revolut card with nowhere near €500 on it, went through ok and I can change my payment method for whenever it does charge me. Haven't owned a playstation since the PS2, but couldn't see a good reason to upgrade the Xbox One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Is the €0 charge from Smyths being rejected bad? Never got any cancellation emails so hopefully I'm good.

I don't have anything going through my bank.

DeadWeight wrote: »

My revolut has the €0 payment listed as a card authorisation request. Think it just means they are checking the card is valid and can be charged later before taking your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭McFly85

rm212 wrote: »
    They still have them for delivery just not click and collect!

Cheers man! Had assumed once I saw sold out that they were completely gone. Got one for home delivery, hopefully no delays but I’m sure Cyberpunk will keep me busy anyway :D

Demon souls 80 in smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is there a "One Per Customer" rule does anyone know?

I pre-ordered two by accident. I feel like a pr1ck knowing I've just blocked someone from pre-ordering.

Well if you have a spare I will take it. They keep cancelling my order have been trying for a ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Oat23 wrote: »
    My revolut has the €0 payment listed as a card authorisation request. Think it just means they are checking the card is valid and can be charged later before taking your order.

Ah OK I use the 3money one just don't wanna wake up to a cancellation email or something

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

They did send and email

I didn't get one and I registered my interest ages ago. Nothing in my spam folder either.

** Edit **

Just arrived. Too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

dan786 wrote: »
    Well if you have a spare I will take it. They keep cancelling my order have been trying for a ages.

Sorry but my mate, who couldn't get one, has claimed it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I didn't get one and I registered my interest ages ago. Nothing in my spam folder either.

That's odd, I only registered earlier as that's all I could do on their site before the pre-orders became avail.

Email came in after it was live though.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Me and my housemate managed to nab one around each , around 40 minutes ago on smyths delighted now.

Roll on November 19th hopefully PS4 games work out of the box have to go collect cyberpunk aswell that day from GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demon souls 80 in smyths

Fack, NBA 2k is 75, thought the rest would top out at that. Miles for 60 is cheeky, it's just an expansion. Definitely waiting for a sale on that too get the remastered Spidey game as well as i never played the dlc.

Only got the pre order email from smyths now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Wing126 wrote: »
    Disc copies of the games drop in price much faster than Digital.

Wrong. I could walk into smyths/gamestop tomorrow and pretty much every ps4 game I see that's been out a while will be dearer than the cheapest I've seen it for on the PS4 store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I’m raging I missed out on click and collect and home delivery!

Signed up for interest on Smyth’s website for nothing.

Thought all of this was going live tomorrow what bull****

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement