Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Smyth's home delivery will have it to you on launch or day after

Do it now people

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

PS5 and extra controller pre-ordered!

**EDIT**
    I got the email, but only got it a few minutes ago. Didn't think they would have pre-orders until Midnight. Good thing I got that email. Otherwise, might have missed it. Having it delivered, as I am not bothered getting it a day or 2 later. Too paranoid about covid to be going into store much these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Greyfox wrote: »
    Wrong. I could walk into smyths/gamestop tomorrow and pretty much every ps4 game I see that's been out a while will be dearer than the cheapest I've seen it for on the PS4 store

Not entirely wrong. Gamestop and Smyths aren't the only place to buy disc games :D

I’m raging I missed out on click and collect and home delivery!

Signed up for interest on Smyth’s website for nothing.

Thought all of this was going live tomorrow what bull****

Brother just got a home delivery in Smyth's keep trying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Seems click and collect is back available, well for Dundalk anyway!

Edit..it was but now show out if stock

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Assassins creed ps5 version isn't due for release until 2021?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Digital Edition already sold out at Smyths! Just a matter of time until the disk version is gone, hurry folks!

I’m 90% sure it will be delivered on launch day - shipped day before with a courier due to large size and should arrive on launch day.

Penn wrote: »

That virtual queue is so questionable. Put money down but no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Brother just got a home delivery in Smyth's keep trying
    The disk version is there but it was the digital I wanted. Think it’s gone.

I wonder is this the only allocation Smyths will have?

The PS4 didn’t even sell out this fast if you put your name down this early.

• Advertisement

Greyfox wrote: »
    Wrong. I could walk into smyths/gamestop tomorrow and pretty much every ps4 game I see that's been out a while will be dearer than the cheapest I've seen it for on the PS4 store

Well Amazon, ShopTo etc are way better than digital always have been. Digital is not the way to go of you want the best deals on new releases at all.

The digital console is a massive win for sony as they take about 30% the huge price probably why they can afford it being 399

But digital ain't got the value for me I'm terms of buy a new game for 50 on Amazon and trade it for 30 a fee months later at GameStop. Can't best that

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭ryanmatty

Disk version is back up for click and collect

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ryanmatty wrote: »
    Disk version is back up for click and collect

Yupp across every store. Ah lads what a rollercoaster of a night. I'm off ta bed, best of luck to anyone else preordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Click and collect back in stock everywhere for disk version

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Pre ordered with Smyths. Disc version. Click and collect was sold out so got home delivery, happy to get it even if a day or two late. Well hyped, effective launch line up for me of Demon Souls, Miles Morales, AC Valhalla and Cyperpunk,plus mini Astrobot game. Also a few in the ps plus games collection I never got to ( in particular GOW). Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

GameStop taking 50€ deposit online is a new low for them good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Went with the disk version, headset and Demon Souls with Smyths, still going to use Amazon as well as a back up when it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Managed to get Disk version for delivery off Smyths, the local store is right by a halting site and has trouble at the best of times when a load of people aren't collecting expensive stuff.

Wanted the digital.

DeadWeight wrote: »
    GameStop taking 50€ deposit online is a new low for them good luck with that

They took the full amount last time for a PS4 preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭curryman

Cheers all just got the collect from carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Click and collect back in stock everywhere for disk version

LEGEND!

Digital back up for smyths

and it's gone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Do smyths not usually delivery on release day? Ordered one for home delivery but will be annoyed if it doesnt arrive on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Do smyths not usually delivery on release day? Ordered one for home delivery but will be annoyed if it doesnt arrive on release day

I have done the same and would be very surprised if it doesn’t deliver on release day. They’ll be using courier, shipping the afternoon before and it’s domestic... it’ll definitely arrive release day.

rafi bomb wrote: »

Had it in the basket and gone by the time I checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Had it in the basket and gone by the time I checkout

They're in stock now for both delivery & collection

• Registered Users Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Here's a look at the backside, in case anyone missed it in the stream. Not very interesting, but I remember at least one person here was asking for it.

526568.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So I had the disc version in my Smyth's basket an hour ago and decided to try ordering it for the craic 19 minutes ago for click and collect and it allowed me to go through to pre ordering as guest and it send me a confirmation email, I take it once you get that email you are good to go? Is there a chance they will cancel some confirmed orders?
    Did anyone get ripped off by Smyth's on PS4 launch, you pre ordered payed online turned up and whoops we don't have your console you paid for?

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    They're in stock now for both delivery & collection

Out of stock for collection and had to try twice for delivery but got it in the end!

Wonder will it deliver on launch day?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement