Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DeadWeight wrote: »
    GameStop taking 50€ deposit online is a new low for them good luck with that

They will stay digging until they reach the earths core. They've been taking pre-orders for months and I am convinced they will close before I pick up Cyberpunk from them as I screwed them in a trade in deal with a copy of Cars 3

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Hopefully this doesn't sound like a jet taking off just like some ps4s did....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Went for the headset as well. May as well.

Nearly went for the camera, but apparently PSVR has a converter you can get, so will just get that, when its available, and get a new camera with PSVR 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Hopefully this doesn't sound like a jet taking off just like some ps4s did....

Doubt it will happen at launch, but sometime in the new year would be when I expect it to kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Misprice on the controller on UK site at 49.99£.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just threw it in as pre order in smyths as I forgot the nephew will want one for Xmas. Just says in progress?. Does it come up fast saying no or completed if you got it or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So I had the disc version in my Smyth's basket an hour ago and decided to try ordering it for the craic 19 minutes ago for click and collect and it allowed me to go through to pre ordering as guest and it send me a confirmation email, I take it once you get that email you are good to go? Is there a chance they will cancel some confirmed orders?
    Did anyone get ripped off by Smyth's on PS4 launch, you pre ordered payed online turned up and whoops we don't have your console you paid for?

Usually once smyths are great,pre order is there day 1 and only take money once your stock is in

Never had issues for PS4/switch

GameStop are A joke

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just threw it in as pre order in smyths as I forgot the nephew will want one for Xmas. Just says in progress?. Does it come up fast saying no or completed if you got it or not?

Believe it stays in progress until the transaction is completed (I.e collected or shipped).

Certainly recall that's the way it worked on previous orders.

Pending charge does be made a day or two beforehand, and then put through when collected/shipped. Smyths are by far the 'safest' crowd to deal with in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I got one in Smyth's just in case GameStop falls through. I was gonna get a second one anyway for my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

Guys 499€ for disc version, is this the same price everywhere? Might buy one from Smyth’s but think they want all the money paid right now? Can I get a better deal elsewhere??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Guys 499€ for disc version, is this the same price everywhere? Might buy one from Smyth’s but think they want all the money paid right now? Can I get a better deal elsewhere??

Same price absolutely everywhere. They won't charge until stock arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

You won’t get a better deal anywhere and Smyths don’t charge until the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Same every where won't take money till close to release.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

500 across the board for disk version. Smyths don't take any money right away. The money comes out the day before or once you collect in store.

Edit: ****, I'm definitely going to bed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep its in progress til it ships or is collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Won't get a better price preordering. Money won't be taken until it's shipped or collected!

Amazon preorders start after 9am FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

McDermotX wrote: »
    Believe it stays in progress until the transaction is completed (I.e collected or shipped).

Certainly recall that's the way it worked on previous orders.

Pending charge does be made a day or two beforehand, and then put through when collected/shipped. Smyths are by far the 'safest' crowd to deal with in my experience.
    Just a silly question tho, how do you know for sure you will get one if order status just says in progress? I only done it at 12.28 for Fonthill smyths. Does it say something different to others who done it earlier? Thanks

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Usually once smyths are great,pre order is there day 1 and only take money once your stock is in

Never had issues for PS4/switch

GameStop are A joke

Echo this as well. Smyths have always been good. Once you got an email confirming your order, you are good to go.

Omg I’m raging I had it in basket now out of stock everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Just a silly question tho, how do you know for sure you will get one if order status just says in progress? I only done it at 12.28 for Fonthill smyths. Does it say something different to others who done it earlier? Thanks

Once you've the confirmation email and reference you're good to go. Forget about in progress

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

dan786 wrote: »
    Misprice on the controller on UK site at 49.99£.

Good spot. Can do a click and collect for newry anyone near the border.

Home delivery seems to still be in stock, is that guaranteed or is pick up the better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

I preordered via Smyths for store collection, should be faster than home delivery. Originally it said it wasn't available but then became available after midnight. Hopefully they'll get enough for November so I can get one

I guess you don't mate. Anything could happen between now and Nov with regard to stock allocation to stores. They could come up short unwittingly down the line, in which case they should communicate........if not, the next comms from them would be with regard to collection or your preorder has shipped etc.
    Don't worry about the in progress status, its standard for Smyths.

Have to do all this stress again next week for the Xbox, don't think it will be as bad, as the PS5 seems to be far more popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Never got the Smyths release email, still nothing.

Bizarre.

Thank god for Boardsies!

Guys am I better off booking the home delivery as that appears to be in stock or should I wait for collection to become re available ? Afraid to commit to home delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Never got the Smyths release email, still nothing.

Bizarre.

Thank god for Boardsies!

I got one @ 23:59

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The Smyths email went to my junk folder. Thanks to the posters here who pointed out pre orders were up.

Got a disc version click and collect for Navan.

Am I guaranteed one now that I got confirmation email?

Only console I’ve ever owned on launch day before was a PS2! I remember getting the bus from Cavan to HMV in Blanch to collect it!

Pity it’s an Xmas present so will be sitting up for a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement