Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Do you think Smyth's will do a midnight launch or won't bother due to the chaos/Covid 19)Safety issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Got mail from Amazon. Pre-orders going live @ 09:00 in the morning for anyone who wants a backup option. Mail says stock is very limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

Hope Smyths gets that spiderman ultimate edition up soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Once you've the confirmation email and reference you're good to go. Forget about in progress

Thanks i just logged onto my work laptop to check it there. Got the pre order confirmation email with the reference no on it. I better head off now be on this stupid work laptop in 6 hrs time. But final question on it once you got that email are u guaranteed one in smyths or can people tomorrow still pre order it say in same store and they get same email and they do it on who ordered first on website to get the PS5?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

DeadWeight wrote: »
    Hope Smyths gets that spiderman ultimate edition up soon

What's in the ultimate addition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

2 x disc version ordered.
    Had to order both seperately.

Store collection not available.

Fingers crossed now for November.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭DeadWeight

rafi bomb wrote: »
    What's in the ultimate addition?

Nothing crazy it's just spiderman miles morales bundled with a spiderman remaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Anyone chuck any accessories into their order while they were at it?

Lemlin wrote: »
    The Smyths email went to my junk folder. Thanks to the posters here who pointed out pre orders were up.

Got a disc version click and collect for Navan.

Am I guaranteed one now that I got confirmation email?

Only console I’ve ever owned on launch day before was a PS2! I remember getting the bus from Cavan to HMV in Blanch to collect it!

Pity it’s an Xmas present so will be sitting up for a month.

You are garanteed nothing.
    Nobodies know what will happen in a few weeks time.
    They could be sold out worldwide
    demand might not be met.
    SMyths will simply not charge you.
    No comeback whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Anyone chuck any accessories into their order as well?

You were only able to order one thing at a time.
    I ordered a 2nd controller and headset in another 2 orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Do you think Smyth's will do a midnight launch or won't bother due to the chaos/Covid 19)Safety issues?

Plenty of room to social distance with most stores but could be seen as irresponsible business practice given restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

ERG89 wrote: »
    They will stay digging until they reach the earths core. They've been taking pre-orders for months and I am convinced they will close before I pick up Cyberpunk from them as I screwed them in a trade in deal with a copy of Cars 3

I did the exact same with the same game , haha karma will get us

Parsnips wrote: »
    You are garanteed nothing.
    Nobodies know what will happen in a few weeks time.
    They could be sold out worldwide
    demand might not be met.
    SMyths will simply not charge you.
    No comeback whatsoever.

To be fair, at this stage, they probably have a good idea on the numbers of consoles allocated.

Sure it can change, but I reckon people pre-ordering at this stage will be fine.

80 balloons for Destruction Allstars.
    Hhahahahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Mr Crispy wrote:
    Anyone chuck any accessories into their order while they were at it?

Went for camera and headset also. They were both cheaper than I expected so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

If I pay for delivery can I cancel my order if I change my mind or am I committed to buying once I provide my bank details?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

jayjay2010 wrote:
    If I pay for delivery can I cancel my order if I change my mind or am I committed to buying once I provide my bank details?

You can cancel pre orders. Link will be on your confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Righto. Night lads. Can sleep easy knowing my pre-order is secured :D

You can cancel pre orders. Link will be on your confirmation email.

Thanks. I think I will leave it so. I’m afraid to go for home delivery and for it not to be delivered within a reasonable time frame. Hopefully the collection option comes back in stock otherwise I’ll have to forget about it for now :(

Ok guys so I have gone for home delivery. I’m not used to pre ordering, I can see a pending transaction in my online banking, I assume this is normal? When will I actually be charged for the console? Also when would it be dispatched, on the release date? I feel like such a newbie but I’ve been waiting for one of these!

• Advertisement

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Ok guys so I have gone for home delivery. I’m not used to pre ordering, I can see a pending transaction in my online banking, I assume this is normal? When will I actually be charged for the console? Also when would it be dispatched, on the release date? I feel like such a newbie but I’ve been waiting for one of these!

They won't charge you until close to release. The pending charge is just to check if your card is real. It will go away after a while.

wes wrote: »
    They won't charge you until close to release. The pending charge is just to check if your card is real. It will go away after a while.

Thanks a mil. Seems a bit strange that there are no stocking issues with home delivery yet all collection stock is gone. Hopefully those waiting on home delivery don’t have to wait too long after the console is released

• Registered Users Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So you are going to be paying more if ordering from Amazon due to sterling if you were paying today it would cost you around €547 from Amazon UK.
    Suppose you could order from an Amazon EU site but you'll be waiting a week for it to be delivered.
    Just something to keep in mind

It's £449 in the UK, or just over €493.

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil. Seems a bit strange that there are no stocking issues with home delivery yet all collection stock is gone. Hopefully those waiting on home delivery don’t have to wait too long after the console is released

Well the digital PS5 home delivery is sold out.

I think less people want the more expensive disc version, hence why there are some still available.

I think anyone ordering at this early stage should be fine, but thing can go wrong of course, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I think less people want the more expensive disc version, hence why there are some still available.

I think anyone ordering at this early stage should be fine, but thing can go wrong of course, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

The reason is that retailers who sell physical copies of games will be prioritising stock of the disc version in general but especially for in store collection so they can sell more games and accessories when the customer arrives.

GameStop stores were given 12 disc and 2 Digital Consoles apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

I think most people are going digital.I have more digital games than physical games plus €400 seem better.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

TBH given how quickly pre-order stock seems to be selling out everywhere, I think a lot of people won't have the luxury of choosing which version they get - if they want a PS5 this year, they'll just have to take whatever the **** is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Sony are confident they will meet all preorder demand as they doubled production in June due to the Coronavirus, anticipating higher demand due to the lockdowns. They'll have at least 4 million units available in November. My guess is anyone who orders this week will be guaranteed as it will be a first come, first served basis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My internet connection is ****e, hence why I went with disc .

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    I think most people are going digital.I have more digital games than physical games plus €400 seem better.

Only reason I went for disc, is I still buy the odd 4K Bluray for my favorite films.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement