Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

wes wrote: »
    Only reason I went for disc, is I still buy the odd 4K Bluray for my favorite films.

The disk version is nice as it will have 4K Blu-ray support. A 4K-Blu-ray player is pretty expensive on its own. Nice to have the option. I love the PS5 TV remote they've made

My internet connection is ****e, hence why I went with disc .

Have a disk won't help you as you'll still have to download most games like call of duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

wes wrote: »
    Well the digital PS5 home delivery is sold out.

I think less people want the more expensive disc version, hence why there are some still available.

I think anyone ordering at this early stage should be fine, but thing can go wrong of course, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    yea it seem they know how many there getting I have home delivery would had pick click and collect the option wasn't there wondering can u change it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

loughrey wrote: »
    Have a disk won't help you as you'll still have to download most games like call of duty.

What do you mean? Like if a game is 100gigs , 50 on disc and 50 download?

yea the updates but you can download story finish it delete it and download mp should save some of the hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

rob808 wrote: »
    yea it seem they know how many there getting I have home delivery would had pick click and collect the option wasn't there wondering can u change it.

You could email and ask them. No harm in trying it.

A lot of games require you to download to full multiplayer portion, the disk only has the campaign. At least with Call off duty in my experience, very little comes from the disk, the disk is used mostly to verify the installed content

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Scumbags

Screenshot-2020-09-17-001200.jpg

McDermotX wrote: »
    Scumbags

Screenshot-2020-09-17-001200.jpg
    There abit early people can still perorder lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

I absolutley dispise people like this. everything thats wrong with society.

• Advertisement

It sold out online in smyth physical and digital

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Just pre-ordered mine (disc version) via Amazon, we get it a week earlier in Australia too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do we all imagine these are going to be in short supply come Xmas?

You'd think Sony would get their manufacturing act together and have plenty available. Then again, I do think some manufacturers like a bit of news about sell-outs and demand being too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

There abit early people can still perorder lol.

Hopefully, but I suspect when push to comes to shove and we get closer to Xmas, if supply is constrained then these people are going to make some money.

McDermotX wrote: »
    Hopefully, but I suspect when push to comes to shove and we get closer to Xmas, if supply is constrained then these people are going to make some money.
    well not only that and dealing with covid 19 and lockdown.Then with winter coming in it gona be hard to tell who has covid 19 or just a cold and lining up at launch in the cold with face covering that be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Torn between the two versions but I think even with the physical version being 100 quid more expensive, you'll save money quite fast having many more marketplaces to buy disks rather than the very limited digital options.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

It sold out online in smyth physical and digital

Just checked that there. Wow. Glad I got my order in....
    Fairplay.. at least they are not doing a Gamestop and taking as much as they can.

they must have a rough idea of allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Grr- I had signed up months ago as having interest - but got no email - so a few hours late and only place I can see now is gamestop but they only have reserve queue left with no assurance of delivery this year.

Where best would it be to order a ps5 tomorrow - or its looking like an xbox for me this generation :/

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ozmo wrote: »
    Grr- I had signed up months ago as having interest - but got no email - so a few hours late and only place I can see now is gamestop but they only have reserve queue left with no assurance of delivery this year.

Where best would it be to order a ps5 tomorrow - or its looking like an xbox for me this generation :/

Try Currys maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Amazon orders open at 9am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Amazon orders open at 9am.

Thanks- is there any known link it will appear- not seeing any mention of it on amazons site right now.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,912 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Thanks- is there any known link it will appear- not seeing any mention of it on amazons site right now.

Nothing specific yet, although I had this bookmarked in case I missed out at Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Kilboor wrote: »
    GameStop stores were given 12 disc and 2 Digital Consoles apparently.

Where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Switch to SMYTHS UK. It’s coming up you can do click and collect in Newry if that’s any use. Fairly sure you can use Irish CC and ROI invoice address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I don't that the whole "people panicking as they missed out a preorder". Just wait until the next batch are released. There is no rule that says you have the have the ps5 within the first few days. I missed out on the preorder so will just wait until the next batch are available. People need to chill out😉

Amazon preorders will go live at 9am but that said in an email that there's very limited quantities available so you'll have to be there on the strike of 9am to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Question.. I preordered my disc PS5 from gamestop with PayPal. It took €180 from PayPal balance and the rest from my credit card tied to my PayPal account. I'm not sure how PayPal works in this instance.. if I don't have €500 In PayPal balance at time of shipping will the fee just be taken from my credit card? Don't want to hit some technical payment issue affecting the order...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

sticker wrote: »
    Question.. I preordered my disc PS5 from gamestop with PayPal. It took €180 from PayPal balance and the rest from my credit card tied to my PayPal account. I'm not sure how PayPal works in this instance.. if I don't have €500 In PayPal balance at time of shipping will the fee just be taken from my credit card? Don't want to hit some technical payment issue affecting the order...

Did gamestop actually charge you? If so why would they charge you again. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong as I'm not long up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

petes wrote: »
    Did gamestop actually charge you? If so why would they charge you again. Or maybe I'm reading that wrong as I'm not long up!

Hi. No they do not take anything now for pre-order... they charge at time of dispatch... just wondering if my credit card will cover the payment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Any point calling Smyths this morning? Went to bed too early altogether, missed all of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement