Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Any point calling Smyths this morning? Went to bed too early altogether, missed all of this.

I wouldn't call 11.45 too early.
    Thanks Smyths, would an email at a time everyone was awake to see it have been too much to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Demon souls 80 in smyths

Just pre-order it with a second controller. Was one of the first in nabbing a disc version with gamestop. Chuffed!

Can't see any charging stations available now though.

I got one in Smyth's just in case GameStop falls through. I was gonna get a second one anyway for my son.

Why do you think gamestop order would fall through? I'm not a fan of theirs but is there evidence of them botching confirmed preordered items before?

wes wrote: »
    To be fair, at this stage, they probably have a good idea on the numbers of consoles allocated.

Sure it can change, but I reckon people pre-ordering at this stage will be fine.

Agreed. We're too far down the covid path for the systems to disappoint. They are all aware of stockpile numbers and allocations available. Hense the sold out posts when quotas are met.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

So... what the ****?

Checked smyths website all night. Got no email and now... all gone?

I registered interest day one. Nothing in my junk mail.

Can't believe they've let me down after like 20 years buying consoles day one with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

So... what the ****?

Checked smyths website all night. Got no email and now... all gone?

I registered interest day one. Nothing in my junk mail.

Can't believe they've let me down after like 20 years buying consoles day one with them.

I got the email but was asleep, raging they didn't send it out at a reasonable time. They just lost my business and I'm buying a PS5 and Xbox series X.

Amazon UK not showing any PS5 page but Amazon DE has the page there ready to go live.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Anybody know anything about Argos doing a preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Anybody know anything about Argos doing a preorder?

You have to reserve at midnight on the day of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

Raging I was asleep and missed the Smyths email have been hoping to get one for my boyfriend as a Christmas present. This was the link to the amazon page they took down.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=21648844031

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

sticker wrote: »
    Why do you think gamestop order would fall through? I'm not a fan of theirs but is there evidence of them botching confirmed preordered items before?

They haven’t guaranteed any for launch

They’re taken them since last year in store, and again with no actual idea of numbers

‘Payment for expression of interest’ and taking full payment online with no guarantee of day one is shocking too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

bennyl10 wrote: »
    They haven’t guaranteed any for launch

They’re taken them since last year in store, and again with no actual idea of numbers

‘Payment for expression of interest’ and taking full payment online with no guarantee of day one is shocking too

They only take payment 5 days before release, but I've always used them and never had issues

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

unhappys10 wrote: »
    I got the email but was asleep, raging they didn't send it out at a reasonable time. They just lost my business and I'm buying a PS5 and Xbox series X.

Amazon UK not showing any PS5 page but Amazon DE has the page there ready to go live.

Amazon DE sold out last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

ozmo wrote:
    Grr- I had signed up months ago as having interest - but got no email - so a few hours late and only place I can see now is gamestop but they only have reserve queue left with no assurance of delivery this year.

ozmo wrote:
    Where best would it be to order a ps5 tomorrow - or its looking like an xbox for me this generation :/

Amazon pre orders up at 9am

I wouldn't rule out smyths taking more preorders in days to come. Guessing they're being conservative with what they're selling atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Amazon UK in going to sell out very quick as they deliver across Europe so anyone who missed out not just in the UK but elsewhere also will try and get one there.

All UK retailers sold out last night as well who had preorders live. Gamestop is Germany sold them for 15 euro cheaper than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

would smiths have any in store pre-orders?

i was in their the other day buying high chairs for the little ones and the fella behind the counter said would be better ordering in store and paying 25e deposit as if i ordered online i would pay the full whack up front - obviously talking out his arse

what are amazon like for taking the ash, straight away or on dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Wuff Wuff wrote: »

what are amazon like for taking the ash, straight away or on dispatch?

Amazon are on dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Is the €50 Gamestop queue pointless? Like I assume it's not guaranteed on the 17th from them, or any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Cina wrote: »
    Is the €50 Gamestop queue pointless? Like I assume it's not guaranteed on the 17th from them, or any time soon?

Underneath it says it's for the next allocation of consoles after launch and can't guarantee that you'd have a ps5 in 2020.

Pretty shameless if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Checked my phone after waking at like 1.30 am to go to the bathroom and seen an email for Smyths so scurried on to try and pre-order.

No click and collect left at that stage but managed to pre-order one for delivery.

Its a bit s**t they sent the emails so late, 8 or 9 am this morning would have been much fairer to open the flood gates on this IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Checked my phone after waking at like 1.30 am to go to the bathroom and seen an email for Smyths so scurried on to try and pre-order.

No click and collect left at that stage but managed to pre-order one for delivery.

Its a bit s**t they sent the emails so late, 8 or 9 am this morning would have been much fairer to open the flood gates on this IMO.

I never got an email!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

I never got an email!

same, despite having 3 email adresses signed up to it haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Amazon are on dispatch.

Not if you use a prepaid debit card like Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I never got an email!

Me neither and only for reading here last night I wouldn't have gotten a pre order...

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

My email from Smyths came through at 12.03am.

"Pre-Order PlayStation 5 NOW from €399.99. Available Nov 19th"

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

My best bet to try Amazon at 9am?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Gamestop jumped the gun so all others had to follow

Curry's, littlewoods, harvey norman etc will get them too

Keep trying Smyth's for home delivery. No reason you wouldn't get it in time or then next day latest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Well feck you smyths, has always been my go to preorders place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Not if you use a prepaid debit card like Revolut.

I ordered the new Fitbit a few weeks ago and haven't been charged yet, with Revolut. It's just the same as any other card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cina wrote: »
    I ordered the new Fitbit a few weeks ago and haven't been charged yet, with Revolut. It's just the same as any other card.

Order some stuff last weekend that was in stock and only got charged Tuesday after it shipped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement