Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Haven't been following the thread so apologies if this has come up before, I went to pre-order last night from Smyths and only home delivery was available. Went ahead with it anyway, then saw that a few mins later click and collect was available. Ordered another and cancelled my first order.

Did this happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think theres going to be a lot of bitterly disappointed people waking up this morning trying to log on to Smyths after receiving the email at midnight for pre orders to find theres feck all left.

I know I would have waited until this morning for Smyths, I was checking this thread at about 11pm last night and wasnt expecting them to go live with pre 0rders at midnight, if that was the case, I would have gladly missed an hours sleep to try and get one on click and collect.

I'm assuming that for the delivery pre-orders they'll still get them out that day, maybe Friday worst case scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Not if you use a prepaid debit card like Revolut.

They’ve never treated Revolut different?

Plenty of stuff ordered from amazon, no charge until dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I've 500 euro worth of One4All vouchers ordered through my works reward scheme thing that I want to use, missed Gamestop and Smyths don't do One4All. Looking at trying Currys whenever their pre-orders go live. Would I be able to pre-order and then use the vouchers when the time actually comes to pay? I don't physically have the vouchers yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Is there a particular page on amazon uk where it'll appear on at 9am?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think theres going to be a lot of bitterly disappointed people waking up this morning trying to log on to Smyths after receiving the email at midnight for pre orders to find theres feck all left.

I know I would have waited until this morning for Smyths, I was checking this thread at about 11pm last night and wasnt expecting them to go live with pre 0rders at midnight, if that was the case, I would have gladly missed an hours sleep to try and get one on click and collect.

I'm assuming that for the delivery pre-orders they'll still get them out that day, maybe Friday worst case scenario?

Done on purpose I reckon to save any overloading of their systems

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Will Harvey Norman's do preorders or arrive on the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I pre ordered from Smyths about 1130 last night. I got an email from them letting me know I could pre order.

They won't charge me until its been shipped

Hayezer wrote: »
    I've 500 euro worth of One4All vouchers ordered through my works reward scheme thing that I want to use, missed Gamestop and Smyths don't do One4All. Looking at trying Currys whenever their pre-orders go live. Would I be able to pre-order and then use the vouchers when the time actually comes to pay? I don't physically have the vouchers yet

Definitely can provided it's in store in person.

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Done on purpose I reckon to save any overloading of their systems

Thats understandable but it will be no consolation to anyone who missed out last night.

Hopefully theres plenty to go around for everyone before Xmas anyway.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thats understandable but it will be no consolation to anyone who missed out last night.

Hopefully theres plenty to go around for everyone before Xmas anyway.

There will be loads to go around, but you won't be able to walk into a shop and buy one until late January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

https://www.thesixthaxis.com/2020/09/17/ps5-pre-orders-amazon-uk-live-at-9am-argos-on-friday-more-where-to-buy-uk/

Littlewoods - https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/playstation-5-sign-up.page

Currys - https://www.currys.ie/ieen/playstation-5-sony-1714-commercial.html

Argos UK taking pre orders Sept 18th

Amazon UK – Amazon UK’s PS5 pre-orders will be going live at 9AM BST. Accessories will be made available through the day, and while the console may quickly go out of stock, Amazon’s email encourages people to keep checking as more may come available.
    Very – Very’s pre-orders are now live, but beware: Very takes payment at the time of order, not at the time of dispatch.
    Argos – Pre-orders will be going live on Friday 18th September.
    ShopTo – Pre-orders are still in the “Register for Interest” phase.
    SimplyGames – Pre-orders are still in the “Register for Interest” phase.
    Currys PC World – Pre-orders are still in the “Register for Interest” phase.
    John Lewis – You can’t even register your interest, but their site seems to indicate that they will be getting some stock.
    GAME – Pre-orders went up overnight and are seemingly now out of stock. Check here for any restocks. In-store pre-orders are live from 8AM today, so long as you put down a £10 deposit.
    Smyths Toys – Pre-orders went up overnight and are seemingly now out of stock for consoles. Some accessories are still available.
    CoolShop – Has listings for PS5 but nothing on sale yet.
    Box.co.uk – Nothing live, you can register your interest.
    Carphonewarehouse – Register your interest, nothing on sale.

Markitron wrote: »
    There will be loads to go around, but you won't be able to walk into a shop and buy one until late January.

Ya, hopefully anyway.

Would hate to see people miss out on them for Xmas for their kids or what not.

Or worse, have to pay some toe rag double the price because they bought a few of them to offload for mega profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

Never got an email! And read her too late this morning at 5.30am.. hoping for Amazon now for the man in red to deliver the request!
    If not hey ho he says a PS4 ‘will do’!
    He’s 8!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

shrewdness wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's a way of pre-ordering with Smyths but paying off with One4All vouchers in the meantime? I presume if you're preordering online, you just have to do it with your card?

Smyths don't take One4all vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Screw you Smyths.
    As long as I have one for Christmas Day I’m happy so hopefully more stock comes in after November 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Grabbed one online myself on smyths last night, but a friend is wondering do they take ore-orders in store still?

I would imagine not if the online allocation is gone?

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Grabbed one online myself on smyths last night, but a friend is wondering do they take ore-orders in store still?

I would imagine not if the online allocation is gone?

Yea the store's allocation would be tied to the click and collect most likely, which is obviously sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Markitron wrote: »
    Yea the store's allocation would be tied to the click and collect most likely, which is obviously sold out.
    I think you can preorder instore today they were taking a list last time I was there but they probably only take so many order.I find out today going in to see if i can get one for nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Smyths don't take One4all vouchers.

Didn't realise they don't actually take them at all, but last night I just went ahead and pre-ordered on the card anyway when it was still available. I'm sure I'll find something else to use the vouchers on!

• Advertisement

Didn't realise they don't actually take them at all, but last night I just went ahead and pre-ordered on the card anyway when it was still available. I'm sure I'll find something else to use the vouchers on!

And if you end up with 2 PS5s, you will have people biting your hand off at cost price for the spare one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Nothing on amazon UK?

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Nothing on amazon UK?

Link is dead

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=PS5&rh=n%3A20862635031&ref=nb_sb_noss

Click on the PS5 and nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I'm sure I'll find something else to use the vouchers on!

May I suggest https://www.cancer.ie/ways-to-help/donate/donate ??

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Amazon won't deliver to Ireland, nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

gibgodsman wrote: »

Parcel Motel

gibgodsman wrote: »

Parcel motel?

Might get it the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

Ye got an order but had to sent it to Parcel Motel.

They might chill on that restriction if they have more consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

Can't even click into it on Amazon !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭orwell77

Can't even click into it on Amazon !

Me either

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement