Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

BrentMused wrote: »
    Unfortunately home delivery is out for me as I don’t know whether I’ll be work from home or in the office that week and can’t take annual leave, so it must be click and collect.

Ended up waking last night around 1am and on the off chance checking my phone and saw the email from Smyths but was too late.

I know it’s a how long is a piece of string question but do we reckon Smyths will put more pre-orders up or is that it now for launch?

I’ll keep an eye on the likes of Currys, Harvey Norman etc too.

Thanks.

Buy from amazon, go via parcel motel. then you can pickup or get it delivered where you want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

NeVeR wrote: »
    526577.PNG

Amazon Link works.
    thanks.

Yeah just got in myself and shipped to parcel motel

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

NeVeR wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the cheaper one? I can see the higher price one, but would like to get the other one.

Amazon dont seem to be selling the digital one at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Amazon dont seem to be selling the digital one at the moment.

Cool. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

fcuk just tried to order and after changing shipping to PM it says unavailable :(

• Advertisement

Amazon Uk seem to be sold out now too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How does parcel motel work, where do you set the address to? your local parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Finally Amazon worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Disk one is gone now, no digital one showing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

How does parcel motel work, where do you set the address to? your local parcel motel?

Yes you pick which locker you want it sent to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Downlinz wrote: »
    The click & collect option to pre-order popped up briefly on Smyths again for the disc version and I think I managed to snag one though it says "In Progress" currently.

That is normal with Smyths, it will say 'In Progress' until the charge you, at which point it will change to 'ready for collection'.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

you send it to the Parcel Motel in NI but with your name and Parcel Motel customer id.

Ie.
    Mitch Connor PM555001
    Parcel Motel
    Northern Ireland Address details.

It gets delivered to there.
    Parcel Motel then deliver it to the Parcel Motel drop location you set for them (when signing up to Parcel Motel)

Set the PM address to your nearest locker, its on the site on an interactive map what locker is close to you.

You can also set for oversized parcels to go straight to your house at an extra cost.

Its under "My Account" > "Delivery Location" > "My Address for Oversize Parcels Only"

Set that to your home address, sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Ive said all along I will not buy one day one.

Ive never bought a console day one.

However I am in the process of planning a house build and my wife will be leaving her job early next year to mind the kids full time til they start school so all bills will be on me for a couple of years.

On that basis I feel justified on buying day one as I will likely not be able to afford one for a number of years.

Ordered via Amazon.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

They will give you a UK address to use for orders, use this a delivery address online.

It gets posted to them and then delivered to your local locker

Amazon now sold out

Ive said all along I will not buy one day one.

Ive never bought a console day one.

However I am in the process of planning a house build and my wife will be leaving her job early next year to mind the kids full time til they start school so all bills will be on me for a couple of years.

On that basis I feel justified on buying day one as I will likely not be able to afford one for a number of years.

Ordered via Amazon.

:rolleyes:

Your wife and kids can't run the Demon's Souls remake, screw em!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Yes you pick which locker you want it sent to

not with the size of the package you will need to get it sent to oversize and drive to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Are amazon taking the full amount now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

recyclops wrote: »
    not with the size of the package you will need to get it sent to oversize and drive to it

Someone posted the dimensions above and they look to fit in the largest locker.

Are amazon taking the full amount now?

No

Looks like Curry's UK is last place that has them and the site is getting hugged to death

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

The largest Parcel Motel locker size is: 64 × 38 × 41 cm

Amazon lists the Product Dimensions as: 42.6 x 17 x 46.9 cm

So yea it seems too big

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Markitron wrote: »
    That is normal with Smyths, it will say 'In Progress' until the charge you, at which point it will change to 'ready for collection'.

Thanks, that's great!
    I've got the pre-order confirmation e-mail now as well so look set :D

I guess it was somebody who got it on amazon cancelling their order and freeing up one.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Someone posted the dimensions above and they look to fit in the largest locker.

i once thought the same with a robot hoover, the box demensions and amazon box demensions are different :mad::mad:

If the package is oversized they automatically send it to the depot in Finglas, at which point you can collect it or have it delivered. It doesn't require special instructions or anything. I seriously doubt a PS5 box will require any of that. The big lockers are ****ing huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Still a small price to pay to get one :D

Also you can pay about €7 more and they will deliver it. So maybe €12- €15 in total (can't remember the fees)

Markitron wrote: »
    If the package is oversized they automatically send it to the depot in Finglas, at which point you can collect it or have it delivered. It doesn't require special instructions or anything.

nope its really easy just get it sorted before hand if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Smyths seems to be full as far as preorders go. Any chance they'll release some more into the wild? I thought there would be more units available given the numbers quoted

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Whats the story with Smyths?

Kanney wrote: »
    Whats the story with Smyths?

They have hit their allocation

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    Smyths seems to be full as far as preorders go. Any chance they'll release some more into the wild? I thought there would be more units available given the numbers quoted

I would say it is highly likely that they will make more available, problem is there is almost no way of knowing when this will be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement