Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Kanney wrote: »
    Whats the story with Smyths?

Smyths opened up for pre-orders at midnight and sold out pretty quick.

Amazon opened up at 9AM and are sold out already.

You could try Game.co.uk or Gamestop.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Any working links for currys.ie yet or did I miss it? thanks.

“Roll it back”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Looking at the GameStop social media feeds and seeing people talking about being in the hundredth spot in store well before official pre-orders launched yesterday. You’d hope all that has been accounted for, or there could be a very messy situation ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

- Days Gone shown in the Plus Collection, so maybe we'll be getting it at some stage soon?

No Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Looking at the GameStop social media feeds and seeing people talking about being in the hundredth spot in store well before official pre-orders launched yesterday. You’d hope all that has been accounted for, or there could be a very messy situation ahead.

Disaster waiting to happen. I'd imagine the only concern is to get as many preorders converted into sales as possible, even if they are well after launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

That Gamestop situation has been a disaster waiting to happen for months now, they shouldn't have been taking €50 from people without official pre-orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No Thanks.

I'm so glad we're allowed to play the games you don't like :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm so glad we're allowed to play the games you don't like :)

Isn't that all of them?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I wouldn't trust GameStop TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Markitron wrote: »
    That Gamestop situation has been a disaster waiting to happen for months now, they shouldn't have been taking €50 from people without official pre-orders.

Gamestop are going to take every 50 euro note given to them. I feel for the staff who'll have to deal with the inevitable cluster that'll follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

I managed to secure a digital version on the home delivery option with Smyths last night.

If I had to guess, there will be more available over the coming days. I'd say they are putting them up in batches and ensuring everything is adding up etc. They are probably awaiting confirmation from suppliers on numbers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Markitron wrote: »
    Isn't that all of them?

there's some flight simulator and obscure japanese titles are all approved afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Guys, seems to missed it all everywhere :(, was busy.

Only found this now: what is PlayStation 5 Queue in Gamestop: https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?rootGenre=27&platform=39, is it what I'm thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭rekdtangle

NeVeR wrote: »
    Smyths opened up for pre-orders at midnight and sold out pretty quick.

Amazon opened up at 9AM and are sold out already.

You could try Game.co.uk or Gamestop.ie

I've just put one in my basket on Amazon this very minute. Keep checking as they are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Kanney wrote: »
    Whats the story with Smyths?

you can still order in store , I was talking to a girl a few mins ago in smyths in Navan and she said there are only 1000 left between the UK and Ireland so be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Guys, seems to missed it all everywhere :(, was busy.

Only found this now: what is PlayStation 5 Queue in Gamestop: https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?rootGenre=27&platform=39, is it what I'm thinking?

Nevermind, found it in the description
    Purchase of this does not guarantee a console prior to the end of 2020. This deposit can be refunded by contacting hello@gamestop.ie should you change your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Ordered the digital console with a free trial of Prime. If I cancel that before the end of the trial, will it be sent as Standard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

50 quid to join a queue with no guarantee. South Park Randy sized balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Nevermind, found it in the description

Pay 50 quid to join a queue for getting your 50 quid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    50 quid to join a queue with no guarantee. South Park Randy sized balls.

People are gonna do it which is the sad thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think one of the most annoying things is you know that a lot of these preorders have gone to scalpers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Think one of the most annoying things is you know that a lot of these preorders have gone to scalpers

I genuinely think that there should be down payments on preorders, of at least 100 or 200 and limited to one per household, per card, per person.

I was lucky enough to get one last night but there was nothing stopping me registering a few accounts and preordering loads.

And whats worse is parents will pay it to keep kids happy for xmas. :o

gimli2112 wrote: »
    there's some flight simulator and obscure japanese titles are all approved afaik

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

good bless the first person who puts one on adverts

I genuinely think that there should be down payments on preorders, of at least 100 or 200 and limited to one per household, per card, per person.

I was lucky enough to get one last night but there was nothing stopping me registering a few accounts and preordering loads.

I've got one pre-orderd with Smyths and one with Amazon.

I'm keeping one and the other will go to my nephew.

If my sister has one pre ordered, the other PS5 I've promised to a mate at cost price.

Making a killing off things like this is proper scummy, IMO.

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Ordered the digital console with a free trial of Prime. If I cancel that before the end of the trial, will it be sent as Standard?

No, you still have priority delivery with the non-prime purchase so you are ok even if you revert to a non-prime account.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement