Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,095 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

recyclops wrote: »
    good bless the first person who puts one on adverts

Like this guy?
    https://touch.adverts.ie/playstation/ps5-disk-edition-pre-order/21568507

• Registered Users Posts: 7,913 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I think it's safe to say...we'll let you know when preorder will happen. It's not going to happen with a minute's notice. We're going to at some point let you know when you can preorder PlayStation 5. So, please, don't feel like you have to go run out and line up anywhere until you receive official notice on how that will work.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »

That has to be against the adverts ToS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Wing126 wrote: »
    People are gonna do it which is the sad thing :(

Loads of people missed smyths mail last night, currys is nowhere to be seen, nothing from argos. Sony dropped the ball and we have to deal with it. As much as I hate that Gamestop practice for some it will be some peace of mind that at least are in queue.

ps. my story is that got ps4 and switch from gamestop at the time when could not get it in smyths so I'm willing to take what the offer for now nothing since there is no other alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Maybe he could combine postage on this with his used nose hair trimmer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Smyths actually sent out a mail? I was registered for that notification and never got anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hes got 710 offered already,f**k me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    :o

“It’s not going to happen with a minute’s notice”

He’s honest on that front at least - it happened without even a minute’s notice :pac:

Think one of the most annoying things is you know that a lot of these preorders have gone to scalpers

Yea it is a shame. I have technically had 4 pre-orders of it already, I have cancelled 2 of them. Now have 1 with Smyths and 1 with Amazon. I am keeping the Amazon pre-order just incase my Smyths one is cancelled, but I will let it go before they charge me.

I could have easily had 3 spare consoles to resell if I wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Just gone in to Currys PC World. They said they don't know if they are doing pre-orders or not, the Irish website basically copies the English website so that's why currys.ie says they will be doing pre-orders...was able to leave details for when they find out though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

A couple of stockins already chuckin offers of €700!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

deegs wrote: »

Jesus he is selling a nose hair trimmer :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Smyths it is then, Amazon are a bunch of dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

How do I pre-order on Amazon? There's no option to

MarkY91 wrote: »

Sold out. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

MarkY91 wrote: »

Not available now, was up for a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

deegs wrote: »

Or his size 6 timberlands. He might get a grand for a PS5 but he'll always have abnormally small feet. Poor lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

For the people ordering on Amazon are you using parcel motel or something or were you able to get it to ship to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Haven't jumped into the maelstrom of trying to preorder, will wait for something resembling a calm and see what options there are. Historically I've done ok getting the machines around launch date so will "hope" I can do the same

• Advertisement

For the people ordering on Amazon are you using parcel motel or something or were you able to get it to ship to Ireland?

Yes you have to use PM for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Parcel Motel has to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I used parcel wizard but it's above their dimensions so looks like it's going to cost 20 quid instead of 4. People are saying Parcel motel will fit the lockers, though. I might switch to them even though i've had terrible experiences with them in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Markitron wrote: »
    That has to be against the adverts ToS

That's really bad nw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Cheers. I was gonna try get the digital version but they only seemed to have the more expensive one so I just went with that
    Looking forward to playing it but I'll be nervous when I get the update to say it's with parcel motel in case it gets misplaced

Cina wrote: »
    I used parcel wizard but it's above their dimensions so looks like it's going to cost 20 quid instead of 4. People are saying Parcel motel will fit the lockers, though. I might switch to them even though i've had terrible experiences with them in the past.

I once get a weighting scales through Parcel Motel, because the person sending the scales had the same name as me but was from Dublin so they re-directed it to me.

Needless to say the scales wasnt for baking or weighing out food portions. :pac:

I only opened it after emailing and ringing PM asking to send it back and reimburse me, after not hearing back from them for at least 3/4 weeks I opened it and binned it.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    That's really bad nw

Perhaps we should flood him with offers and just not pay

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭BurnUp78

Smyths actually sent out a mail? I was registered for that notification and never got anything!

I didn't get mine until 10 past 12 last night after id already pre ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

sticker wrote: »
    Why do you think gamestop order would fall through? I'm not a fan of theirs but is there evidence of them botching confirmed preordered items before?

Na, it should be Ok, I'm just spreading my bets.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Cina wrote: »

Ordered something from them other day. Had to go up north 1st then down here to them. Txt from them yesterday so it's 2 big for them to put into their parcel boxes so collect from finglas sorting office. 7 euro over the size so that's good so 2 days to collect it or price goes up. So should only cost u 7 euro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement