Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Markitron wrote: »
    That has to be against the adverts ToS

Its not. They allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kirkfx

DualSense Controller is up on Amazon.co.uk now too, £59.99.
    Won't ship to ROI, need to have it sent to NI.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08J4RCVXW?pf_rd_r=TBY1BBWBD4QNWTQGBYNN&pf_rd_p=e632fea2-678f-4848-9a97-bcecda59cb4e

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Cina wrote: »
    I used parcel wizard but it's above their dimensions so looks like it's going to cost 20 quid instead of 4. People are saying Parcel motel will fit the lockers, though. I might switch to them even though i've had terrible experiences with them in the past.

Parcel Wizard have never charged me extra. I've had a 55" glass covered OLED which weighed a ton delivered for €3.85. Had a BBQ delivered as well last year. Just last week I had a big box from Tefal delivered. All €3.85.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Markitron wrote: »
    That has to be against the adverts ToS

I've reported it. If others report it too we can have it taken down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You would hope there will not be any stock shortages with the DualSense with Demon's Souls being a launch title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

What option did you choose when reporting it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

His username is sierrajohn117 (master chief) - must be a wind up surely :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

FixitFelix wrote: »
    What option did you choose when reporting it?

Inappropriate

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

The thought of Demon's Souls is filling me with dread, I remember the utter hatred I had for that game once I had completed it... it took years off me!! But I just know I'll do it again on this... and I don't have that many years to waste!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The thought of Demon's Souls is filling me with dread, I remember the utter hatred I had for that game once I had completed it... it took years off me!! But I just know I'll do it again on this... and I don't have that many years to waste!

The only Souls game I haven't cleared. Gave up on it back in the PS3 days. Went back to it at the start of the year with a new ps3 and got half way through, looking forward to finally clearing it on PS5 :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I pre ordered the spiderman game and Cyberpunk from smyths as well, so will pick them up when getting the ps5, no date assassins creed though, ps5 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

When will Amazon charge for the console I cant see any details on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

When will Amazon charge for the console I cant see any details on this?
    Not until they dispatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I pre ordered the spiderman game and Cyberpunk from smyths as well, so will pick them up when getting the ps5, no date assassins creed though, ps5 version.

Amazon has it down for December sometime for the PS5 version.

Buuuuut for the Xbox Series X, its a release day game.

The PS4 version is release 2 days before the PS5 launch and the game trailer was captured using the Xbox Series X so I'd imagine it should be a launch day game for PS5.

I hope anyway. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Might do the same, that's a seriously **** move

I think that has a free upgrade, so just pre-order the PS4 version, will save you a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Not until they dispatch.

Super! Is that before the actual release date or will that be on the day of release?

Not one for preordering through amazonðŸ™႒

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you pre-ordered with smyths for in store collection do they take the money before or instore when you collect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Super! Is that before the actual release date or will that be on the day of release?

Amazon never charge till your order is dispatched

They charge you when they ship it, ideally that is a day or two before launch.

Ideally

If you pre-ordered with smyths for in store collection do they take the money before or instore?

The evening before.

Whenever I pre-order a game for in-store collection they usually charge me at around 9pm the night before. It might be a bit earlier with this though. You won't be paying instore either way.

• Advertisement

I think Amazon only take the cash when they ship it.

Not sure how they're going to release the PS5.

I'd be hopeful for it to ship the night before on Wednesday 18th but byt he time Parcel Motel process ait and ship it, we mightn't get it until Friday 20th.

On a side note, I bought a Razer controller for the Ps4, it was shipped form Hong Kong and arrived at my door some 28 hours later. Fastest thing I ever got delivered so I hope I get the PS5 on Thursday but I'm not overly pushed.

I think its time to put in for a few days annual leave either which way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Got the standard edition on Amazon - probably about 5 mins before they sold out. I would have ordered from Smyths if I had known that there would be no option but to use Parcel Motel with Amazon. With Smyths, there is a better chance of release day delivery. Parcel Motel always seems to take an extra day.

Just glad to have grabbed one at this stage, though I'm sure there'll be more ordering windows from all e-tailers as soon they can get guaranteed units from suppliers. Amazon released the PS4 pre-order window in waves if I remember correctly.

Hopefully people don't resort to the Gamestop thing - €50 for a non-guaranteed console is a terrible idea - it'll end in tears if there are any supply issues. I'm sure they'll be the usual €5-10 euro more expensive than Smyths for games too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

String wrote: »
    Amazon never charge till your order is dispatched

Not true anymore. I recently had a number of different orders charged to me before dispatch. I contacted Amazon and they informed me that the payment defaults to five days after order is placed, even if it is not dispatched.

Double check with Amazon after ye pre-order.

Ps, Use Parcel Wizard for delivery, not Parcel Motel. Saves the BS with oversized orders.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The only Souls game I haven't cleared. Gave up on it back in the PS3 days. Went back to it at the start of the year with a new ps3 and got half way through, looking forward to finally clearing it on PS5 :)

I've actually never played ANY of the souls series. Might be a good place to start

v3ttel wrote: »
    Got the standard edition on Amazon - probably about 5 mins before they sold out. I would have ordered from Smyths if I had known that there would be no option but to use Parcel Motel with Amazon. With Smyths, there is a better chance of release day delivery. Parcel Motel always seems to take an extra day.

Just glad to have grabbed one at this stage, though I'm sure there'll be more ordering windows from all e-tailers as soon

Hopefully people don't resort to the Gamestop thing - €50 for a non-guaranteed console is a terrible idea - it'll end in tears if there are any supply issues. I'm sure they'll be the usual €5-10 euro more expensive than Smyths for games too.

A mate of mine got a txt from a worker in GS in Cork giving the basic info, prices, release dates and that they dont know about stock levels yet but to hold tight and thet they'll hopefully have that info soon.

I dont think everyone on the list will get lucky, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Ps, Use Parcel Wizard for delivery, not Parcel Motel. Saves the BS with oversized orders.

Mm are you sure about that?

"the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. "

PS5 is 42.6 x 17 x 46.9 cm so technically over the limit.

I've actually never played ANY of the souls series. Might be a good place to start

Theres never a good place to start in the Soul series.

Not if you fancy your sanity. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reminded me to preorder Cyberpunk from Smyths as 60 euro is a great price. Then I saw an extra 5 off if I collect in store, will already be getting my PS5 the same day so Cyberpunk for 55, not too shabby. I'm gonna hold out on Demons Souls and see if I can get that cheaper than 80 euro though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Mm are you sure about that?

"the maximum consignment weight under the Parcel Wizard Virtual Address service is 20kg and the maximum box dimensions are 40cm x 40cm x 60cm. "

PS5 is 42.6 x 17 x 46.9 cm so technically over the limit.

The overall volume is under limit though.
    I have used them for years and never had an issue with them. I regularly use them for large packages. I even use them for Whiskey deliveries without issue.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Reminded me to preorder Cyberpunk from Smyths as 60 euro is a great price. Then I saw an extra 5 off if I collect in store, will already be getting my PS5 the same day so Cyberpunk for 55, not too shabby. I'm gonna hold out on Demons Souls and see if I can get that cheaper than 80 euro though.

Yea I want that bad, but I am not paying that price for it. Cyberpunk will do me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement