Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭HotMama89

Got on Amazon using a relatives northern address as had never used parcel motel so no account and needed to get it pre-ordered. Set up in the meantime but now Amazon is not letting me change the delivery address

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Whatdoyoumean

Managed to preorder home delivery from Smyths last night, didn’t get an email about preorders though.

Does anybody know if you can change the dispatch address for Smyths home delivery? May be moving home before it is released!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

If you are getting it via parcel motel be sure to pay for the extra insurance on your account. If anything happens to it or it gets lost the standard insurance is only 200 euro.

Not sure if this is an option on parcel wizard but I do know that their standard insurance does not cover any electronic items (at least this was the case a few years ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

So what was this all about then? horse crap

https://sea.ign.com/news/161974/ps5-preorders-wont-be-a-surprise-sony-says

I saw the presentation then had a lovely mail from smyths in my inbox overnight so missed out...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PlayStation 5 PULSE 3D Wireless Headset is now up on Amazon UK if anyone missed it on Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This sold out everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone know who might be due to put it on pre-order next?

What's the deal with Amazon not shipping to ROI ? I bought my PS4 from there

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

v3ttel wrote: »
    Hopefully people don't resort to the Gamestop thing - €50 for a non-guaranteed console is a terrible idea - it'll end in tears if there are any supply issues. I'm sure they'll be the usual €5-10 euro more expensive than Smyths for games too.

Do you have any better ideas? Its sold out everywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

This is why we need an Amazon.ie and a nintendo.ie website. UK gets in our way and then blocks us too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

AdamD wrote: »
    This sold out everywhere?

There will be pre-orders popping up all over the place throughout the day. Keep an eye on the Jelly Deals twitter account and you will most likely get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Anyone know who might be due to put it on pre-order next?

There's a button on Amazon to email you when it's back
    In the email I got this morning it said to check back later today if I didn't get one so it might be worth keeping an eye

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Denisoftus wrote: »

Keep an eye on this thread. Last time I missed out on a pre-order for something, I got wind of the 2nd batch from a thread on boards like this.

Would also periodically check various websites etc and ring various local stores.

Markitron wrote: »
    There will be pre-orders popping up all over the place throughout the day. Keep an eye on the Jelly Deals twitter account and you will most likely get one.

from Jelly deals ... Standard PS5 £449, payment taken immediately....

https://ao.com/product/p5hehwsny39500-sony-playstation-console-white-79528-291.aspx?domain=jelly.deals/twitter&WT.srch=1&WT.z_MT=skimlinks_phg&WT.z_RTM=PHG&WT.z_CN=305950&WT.z_AG=True+Content&WT.z_AT=&WT.z_KW=skimlinks_phg&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=True+Content|305950|skimlinks_phg

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Anyone try asking in the chat yet?

i might later when its calmed down a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Denisoftus wrote: »

I think the same thing happened for the PS4. I remember Amazon released different batches of pre-orders. I was late to the pre-order party, probably batch 3 or 4 and still got it release day.

It won't be release day with them this time as you need to use Parcel Motel - that's the only slight catch.

Gamestop have been operating that queue thing in store for a while. It just seems like shady practice - "yeah, we know you can't pre-order with anyone else because number they don't have their number of guaranteed units confirmed, but give us €50 to order with us. Oh, btw, you mightn't have it by end of year"

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

v3ttel wrote: »
    I think the same thing happened for the PS4. I remember Amazon released different batches of pre-orders. I was late to the pre-order party, probably batch 3 or 4 and still got it release day.

It won't be release day with them this time as you need to use Parcel Motel - that's the only slight catch.

Gamestop have been operating that queue thing in store for a while. It just seems like shady practice - "yeah, we know you can't pre-order with anyone else because number they don't have their number of guaranteed units confirmed, but give us €50 to order with us. Oh, btw, you mightn't have it by end of year"

Did you set up a reminder etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The comments do not disappoint.

"I’ll go as far as a euro, but I get to kick you in the dick on release day... a day one dick kick if you will?" :pac:

https://touch.adverts.ie/playstation/ps5-disk-edition-pre-order/21568507

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Reminded me to preorder Cyberpunk from Smyths as 60 euro is a great price. Then I saw an extra 5 off if I collect in store, will already be getting my PS5 the same day so Cyberpunk for 55, not too shabby. I'm gonna hold out on Demons Souls and see if I can get that cheaper than 80 euro though.

Sorry for the silly question, but what way is Cyberpunk working?

It'll be a PS4 version, right? We can play it on the PS5 but......... will it be a PS4 game we're playing on PS5? Surely there's an upgraded version, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

MrStuffins wrote: »

It'll be a PS4 version, right? We can play it on the PS5 but......... will it be a PS4 game we're playing on PS5? Surely there's an upgraded version, right?

The upgraded version isn't coming until early next year, so it'll be the ps4 version for now

Unless they announce something between now and then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, free next gen patch releasing 'sometime next year' to give it extra goodness but at launch, it will be the ps4 version, possibly upscaled with ps5 tech.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

They wil be releasing the enhanced versions in the new year,will be a free upgrade if you bought the current gen version..the ps4 version will look and play better on ps5 from launch though

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    The comments do not disappoint.

"I’ll go as far as a euro, but I get to kick you in the dick on release day... a day one dick kick if you will?" :pac:

https://touch.adverts.ie/playstation/ps5-disk-edition-pre-order/21568507

With haptic feedback? :pac:

3D audio of the kick would also be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Hayezer wrote: »
    Just gone in to Currys PC World. They said they don't know if they are doing pre-orders or not...

Just dropped into Currys - sales floor guy there told me they were not doing pre-orders.

Someone mentioned Smyths in store so I dropped into there since its beside me - customer services there said no preorders available in store - was online only - but there could be another round happening - but you will need sign up again for notifications.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Anyone have a link to the Amazon UK page for the disk version? It doesn't show in search and I want to at least get on the email list (and mash f5 for a while to distract me from work).

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Amazon UK have been adding all the peripherals in the last few minutes. Not sure if that's it or they're tracking up to wave 2 of consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

So, just for clarification. The physical copies of my ps4 games are no good on on ps5 and id be a well off to trade games and console in whenever?

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

ozmo wrote: »
    Just dropped into Currys - sales floor guy there told me they were not doing pre-orders.

Someone mentioned Smyths in store so I dropped into there since its beside me - customer services there said no preorders available in store - was online only - but there could be another round happening - but you will need sign up again for notifications.

Not sure about another round: from Smyths page:
    We have now fulfilled all pre-orders on the PlayStation 5 console. Please check back soon for more updates on stock availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Got a pre order from Smyths, went into the store on the way to work and they are accepting pre orders, they have kept some stock available separate from online for instore pre orders, paid €25 deposit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

V9 wrote: »
    So, just for clarification. The physical copies of my ps4 games are no good on on ps5 and id be a well off to trade games and console in whenever?

From what I've read you'll be able to use your PS4 Disks in the PS5.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement