Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

V9 wrote: »
    So, just for clarification. The physical copies of my ps4 games are no good on on ps5 and id be a well off to trade games and console in whenever?

"PS5 Backwards Compatibility: Will Physical PS4 Game Discs Play on the PS5?
    Yes, physical PS4 game discs will play on PS5. You'll be able to insert physical PS4 game discs into the PS5 and play them, as well as download digital software you've purchased from the PlayStation Store. Note that you won't be able to use physical game discs on the PS5 Digital Edition (See Also: PS5 Digital Edition vs PS5: What's the Difference?), as it doesn't have a disc drive."

from https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps5-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps4-games-on-playstation-5#:~:text=Yes%2C%20physical%20PS4%20game%20discs,purchased%20from%20the%20PlayStation%20Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fella on adverts has five available too.

Fücking hell. What a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Not sure about another round: from Smyths page:

Wow, glad I got my Smyths click and collect in last night so.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

ozmo wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Smyths in store so I dropped into there since its beside me - customer services there said no preorders available in store - was online only - but there could be another round happening - but you will need sign up again for notifications.

Don't bother. Smyths didn't notify plenty of us who were registered from the start.

• Advertisement

GavK wrote: »
    Anyone know if that AO site is legit ?

I highly doubt AO will be allocated any release day consoles. Sony are allocating them exclusively to only select major retailers in each region.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

bigphil2 wrote: »
    They wil be releasing the enhanced versions in the new year,will be a free upgrade if you bought the current gen version..the ps4 version will look and play better on ps5 from launch though

Anyone getting a series X as well might be better off with the xbox version as it will be one x enhanced from day one on series X (better than ps4 pro version).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Part of the Very/Littlewoods group i'm nearly sure. You'll have to jump through hoops to get them to ship here if I remember right from HUKD past bargains. Think they won't even ship to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

ex Appliances Online seems fairly legit and trust pilot reviews looks ok. still in stock probably due to the fact they take full payment

Anyone getting a series X as well might be better off with the xbox version as it will be one x enhanced from day one on series X (better than ps4 pro version).

I have an Xbox currently, can't wait to switch back to PlayStation as the Xbox was a piece of crap. Was a big regret selling my PS4 for it, no comparison. Won't touch the new Xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Currys got back to me there and said they are doing pre orders, 5 euro deposit in store (30 minutes after I just got home after being in store and they being clueless at the time :/ ). Gonna hop in the car and head back over, they take One4All vouchers which is the main thing for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Yeh I think I'll get both.
    Got a Ps5 preorder on Amazon earlier, that's from Santy.
    I get a €500 one4all from work each December so could use that for the series X down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

How does that work? They're releasing different versions of cyberpunk for the original xbox and the xbox one x?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What's the deal with Amazon not shipping to ROI ? I bought my PS4 from there

Seems to happen with preorders. Was the same with Mario All-stars but became available later. Maybe they want to look after their own first before opening to others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was just in Smyth's.
    I was told.that they were allocated 2000. Online sold very fast, as we all know now... But my local store had allocation of in store pre order that only sold out at 10am this morning.
    Check your local stote direct.

I showed the staff member my confirmation email and I was told that it is secured.

Now to GameStop to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Does anyone think there might be ps4 trade in deals? Don't mind waiting past launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

GameStop Update

I called the store (Dundrum) with my pre order (from March) to see if they had allocation.

They don't know how many they will get in yet and could not say I would get one on launch. They could not guarantee I would have it before Christmas either.

I asked how people would know if they would get one on launch. She said they would call them in the days before launch to let the first people on the list know if they would have one on launch day.

After that as they get them in they would move down the list and call people to collect the console.

Not very inspiring stuff at all. It seems they have no idea how many they will get in and they could not say if mine would be available before Christmas.

Anyone try asking in the chat yet?

i might later when its calmed down a bit
    I did a chat and just got a copy & paste from their FAQ. Stuff about liquids and flammables etc.

I sent off an email to a complaints address I found. Not really a complaint, more of a query. I just want to know what the craic is, was it an error or has there been a policy change. I often gift or receive Amazon vouchers over xmas and I won't be doing it any more if they're not shipping things here.

I'm aware of parcel hotel and all that jazz but i've directly ordered tonnes of electronics from Amazon over the years without needing those services

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

I don't understand this selling out business, why don't Playstation make/ship enough consoles? They've been doing this for how many decades, surely by now they should be able to calculate demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

GameStop Update

I called the store (Dundrum) with my pre order (from March) to see if they had allocation.

They don't know how many they will get in yet and could not say I would get one on launch. They could not guarantee I would have it before Christmas either.

I asked how people would know if they would get one on launch. She said they would call them in the days before launch to let the first people on the list know if they would have one on launch day.

After that as they get them in they would move down the list and call people to collect the console.

Not very inspiring stuff at all. It seems they have no idea how many they will get in and they could not say if mine would be available before Christmas.

To contrast, called Smyths (carrickmines) for clarity on preorder,

No more available

HOWEVER

if you have a confirmation email you will have one at launch,

Chalk and cheese from the two

• Registered Users Posts: 29,096 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And 825GB for both versions according to the box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Rang and got through to gamestop there. So I have a deposit down since 31/12 on it. Said he cannot guarantee 100% I will get one on the day but that where I am on the list he reckons I should be fairly confident that I will. So I'm grand with that. Said they haven't been told exactly what the set up will be but if it's down to managers they will work from that list and ring people on the day who ordered with them 1st and go through the list saying to come in that day and buy it pay rest of money off. When they sell the stock they have will ring other people who on list telling them they are out of stock. Said it was standard one I wanted and I said yeah so he said thank God as one person changed their mind and wanted discless version but he told them if they do that they lose their spot in standard q and go to the bottom of the q in the discless version. Said accessories and games I would have to put deposit down on them but as q but not too bad but I will hold off on that as just want the computer all that stuff can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Smyths had stock there for a minute, doesnt seem to be any now

Just got mine in and checked back before posting here but already gone unfortunately, must have tiny numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Just got mine in and checked back before posting here but already gone unfortunately, must have tiny numbers
    yea they have more stock perorder quick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

GameStop Update

Absolutely ridiculous and no need to notify people so late. It sounds like are banking on people putting a deposit down but then securing their console somewhere else so they can pocket the extra money. Despicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rob808 wrote: »
    yea they have more stock perorder quick

Gone already before people get excited

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I'm checking every 30 seconds, did not see any stock, how did you see it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Boom - got one. It bombed out before confirming on the website but I got a confirmation email. Thanks a mil! :D

I bought the husband every PS console he's ever had and I wasn't happy about missing this one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement