Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I know the manager a long time in my local GameStop. I just spoke to him.

Same story as above. Reason on unsure response is thay each store has not been allocated physical stock number yet. The stores do not know gow many pre order they can fulfill yet.
    I was told tgis at ps4 launch as well, I got one day 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

GavRedKing wrote: »

Site is taking a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Pipmae wrote: »
    Boom - got one. It bombed out before confirming on the website but I got a confirmation email. Thanks a mil! :D

I bought the husband every PS console he's ever had and I wasn't happy about missing this one!

Link please, I'm shown no stock all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Gone already before people get excited
    i got a second one now i can cancel in that fecking gamestop thank smythtoy way better to deal with.it for my nephew.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

What about Argos? Will they have them in stock on midnight launch day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The_Brood wrote: »
    I don't understand this selling out business, why don't Playstation make/ship enough consoles? They've been doing this for how many decades, surely by now they should be able to calculate demand?

The pandemic. And even if there wasn’t a pandemic, storing **** is expensive. These aren’t gaskets. 10 million plus consoles take up a lot of space. Or else you have a massive manufacturing ramp up prior to launch, which isn’t going to happen because again, these aren’t gaskets and there’s only so much capacity out there. And that’s before you take into consideration that they’re (reportedly) getting yield of 50% for their SOC. and then you got distribution etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

I almost had one via click and collect with Smyths.

First time I got to the email address page before getting the error message. Second time I got to the name/contact details page and had just inputted that info and pressed to get into the payment page next before getting the error message.

Close but no cigar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

jontr wrote: »
    What about Argos? Will they have them in stock on midnight launch day?

Apparently they are doing pre orders from tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Smyths had stock there for a minute, doesnt seem to be any now

Just got mine in and checked back before posting here but already gone unfortunately, must have tiny numbers
    thanks man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Folks re all the mentions of Parcel Motel on here and whether Parcel Wizard is preferable..... I had a delivery from Samsung UK a couple of weeks ago and Parcel Motel sent me a photo of the package intact - But by the time it reached my Locker in Limerick someone had ripped the plastic bag and cardboard box open to check if it contained a phone - Once they saw it wasn't they just put back and then the final Driver (same person?) put it in the locker as usual and drove off with no word said or action taken....

Am done with Parcel Motel for good unless its something very cheap I don't mind losing to some Knacker on their payroll.

Back on topic.... I'm not too worried about getting a console right away...BUT I really want one for Christmas... What do I need to do to guarantee one for mid-December?

Also I thought the PS5 was priced at US $399 and $499 - This would be EUR €338 and €423 going by XE's exchange rate today. So why are Smyths looking for €399 and €499 for these?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

I don't understand this selling out business, why don't Playstation make/ship enough consoles? They've been doing this for how many decades, surely by now they should be able to calculate demand?

done on purpose to create appetite and drive demand up.

the reality is the first batches of consoles were never perfect so the best thing to do is wait it out and let them iron out issues found by early adopters

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Denisoftus wrote: »
    I'm checking every 30 seconds, did not see any stock, how did you see it?

Not to be a bastard but iv been rechecking every 30 mins or so this morning and obviously got outrageously lucky, got the confirmation at 11.52, no time wasted with card details or any of that since all was already saved on Google

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

j4vier wrote: »

Nope. You think Sony want to risk loosing a sale to Microsoft. You see the same being said for Apple and Nintendo and I assure you it’s ****e.

There was a report in Bloomberg of yield problems, they are having trouble making the chips. Sony denied the report but their denial was carefully worded and didn't address the yield.

Sony don't really play the artificial scarcity games that Nintendo do, they will make as much as they can and i'm sure there will be restocks at least once or twice before xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

How does that work? They're releasing different versions of cyberpunk for the original xbox and the xbox one x?

Yes but xbox handles it automatically in the background according to the version of xbox you are using. The xbox series x is expected to play a game that has a one x enhancement (as cyberpunk should have) with that enhancement on. And when the further enhancement for series x is released that should work too.

Edit: there's only one xbox disc version, you just put it in whichever xbox version you have and that console will then play the maximum enhancement available regardless of the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

j4vier wrote: »

the reality is the first batches of consoles were never perfect so the best thing to do is wait it out and let them iron out issues found by early adopters

I’ve bought a launch console of every PlayStation since ps2 and I’ve never had a failure. I know the PS3 had some problems (mine is fine) but ps2 and PS4 launch consoles are notoriously reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Folks re all the mentions of Parcel Motel on here and whether Parcel Wizard is preferable..... I had a delivery from Samsung UK a couple of weeks ago and Parcel Motel sent me a photo of the package intact - But by the time it reached my Locker in Limerick someone had ripped the plastic bag and cardboard box open to check if it contained a phone - Once they saw it wasn't they just put back and then the final Driver (same person?) put it in the locker as usual and drove off with no word said or action taken....

Am done with Parcel Motel for good unless its something very cheap I don't mind losing to some Knacker on their payroll.

Back on topic.... I'm not too worried about getting a console right away...BUT I really want one for Christmas... What do I need to do to guarantee one for mid-December?

Thanks!
    Yeah Parcel Motel is great when it works but if there is an issue, they are terrible. I've found Parcel Wizard to be much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishnian

Cina wrote: »
    Yeah Parcel Motel is great when it works but if there is an issue, they are terrible. I've found Parcel Wizard to be much better.

What about addresspall by anpost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 freakyJ

Called into Currys in Jervis about 20mins ago, was able to pre-order for 5 euro as a user above mentioned. They said I was the 5th person to preorder with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Sorry for the silly question, but what way is Cyberpunk working?

It'll be a PS4 version, right? We can play it on the PS5 but......... will it be a PS4 game we're playing on PS5? Surely there's an upgraded version, right?

The full PS5 version will be coming next year, but the PS4 version will be enhanced on PS5 on day one, so kind of like a stop gap upgrade.

They haven't gone into detail but it is likely to be the PS4 Pro version running at a higher resolution and framerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

rang smyths in Navan to ask and they are completly sold out but wait for update (email) but if they get more its safer to get down to the store to secure one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

irishnian wrote: »

It might be delivered by Xmas! Used them before and found them very slow.
    I buy a lot from Amazon and have to use Parcel Motel every now and then, never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

freakyJ wrote: »
    Called into Currys in Jervis about 20mins ago, was able to pre-order for 5 euro as a user above mentioned. They said I was the 5th person to preorder with them.

Did they mention by any chance if they'll have stock coming in on release day?

If so that sounds like a pretty handy way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Email from Currys:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your email dated 16th September 2020.

I can confirm that we will be taking pre orders for the PS5 but we do not yet have any details relating to this as the release date was only juist announced. I have provided a link below which will update once the pre order service is available:

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/playstation-5-sony-1714-commercial.html?dl_search=ps5

Kind regards,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 freakyJ

DylanGTi wrote: »
    Did they mention by any chance if they'll have stock coming in on release day?

If so that sounds like a pretty handy way to go.

Yeah, but they didn't know how many.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

The Smyths website is some craic, I've gotten as far as entering my delivery address so far and then bam, the out of stock message!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

irishnian wrote: »

Reliable but the PS5 box isn't within their dimensions

https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Cina wrote: »
    I ordered the new Fitbit a few weeks ago and haven't been charged yet, with Revolut. It's just the same as any other card.

Strange, I always get charged almost immediately (within an hour), even if the item is not in stock for a month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement