Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Is gamestop gonna keep deposits of those who don't get their pre orders but are waiting in a queue?

Or will they refund them on launch day?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

brevity wrote: »

If these alerts are anything to go by you could be wasting your time, I'm still waiting on my Smyths email and I have the console already pre ordered :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Is gamestop gonna keep deposits of those who don't get their pre orders but are waiting in a queue?

Or will they refund them on launch day?

As long as you don’t have your console they’ll keep it as a preorder until it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

bennyl10 wrote: »
    As long as you don’t have your console they’ll keep it as a preorder until it comes

So if you find a ps5 at launch at argos but none for your pre order they will shaft you and keep your 50euro deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Didn't play very much of Demon Souls at all when it was originally released heard a lot of different things about it but is it really ridiculously hard as many mention?

I have been interested in this remaster since it was mentioned but don't wanna spend 80 euro on something that's gonna drive me mental haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

So if you find a ps5 at launch at argos but none for your pre order they will shaft you and keep your 50euro deposit?

I say u can go in and just get it back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,983 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Didn't play very much of Demon Souls at all when it was originally released heard a lot of different things about it but is it really ridiculously hard as many mention?

I have been interested in this remaster since it was mentioned but don't wanna spend 80 euro on something that's gonna drive me mental haha.

Ive no patience for games like this, I dont mind a bit of a steep learning curve but grinding away for hours just to get used to not dying every 5 minutes is not at all for me.

Ive no patience for games like this, I dont mind a bit of a steep learning curve but grinding away for hours just to get used to not dying every 5 minutes is not at all for me.

Is it really that bad!!??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Every Souls game is manageable - Sekiro is probably the only one with a bit of an extra peak to overcome because of the lack of online. But just a bit of patience and meeting the game halfway will see you through Demon’s Souls. It’s far from a Sisyphus-style grind of failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Fieldog wrote: »
    If these alerts are anything to go by you could be wasting your time, I'm still waiting on my Smyths email and I have the console already pre ordered :)

Guarantee it went to junk if using outlook/hotmail/microsoft

It happened to me that's how I missed the boat.
    Got one on Amazon though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

It's not that hard.

It requires a lot of patience when navigating levels, as if you rush into a group of enemies even an experienced player will get wrecked.

Bosses are mostly about learning their movesets and patterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I thought it was impossible when i first played it, them damn skeletons, and gave up. Dark Souls took me 2 proper attempts with about 6 months in between, once I got the hang of that and cleared it, the following Souls were fairly handy. Thought, hmm will go back to Demons Souls and kick its ass.... I got further than I had before but it still wrecked me. Gave it a break and just went from new game to new game. When I heard it was being remade, gave up on it altogether. Ready to die all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

freakyJ wrote: »
    Called into Currys in Jervis about 20mins ago, was able to pre-order for 5 euro as a user above mentioned. They said I was the 5th person to preorder with them.

5? .... not 50? :pac: .... I think I can manage that.... spinning to my local now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I found out last night that Spiderman Miles Morales and
    Horizon Forbidden West are coming to PS4.
    Very happy about that as I have a PS4 and wasn't planning on getting a PS5 for a good while yet.
    Sackboy is also(didn't really care much about that).
    It's nice to see the PS4 still being well supported by Sony into next year.
    Horizon 2 is a biggy as that game looks amazing and is
    probably a reason many people were going to buy
    a PS5.
    Just putting it out there as maybe some people
    don't know.
    It's probably irrelevant to many as they already
    know and had their mind made up on PS5.
    Demon Souls remake is supposed to be exclusive
    to the PS5 though there was a bit of a mixup about
    that initially calling it a timed exclusive but Sony say that was wrong it's only on PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

i was in gamestop today me:Hi i would like to cancel my nephew ps5 perorder he was like 300 on the list the gamestop empolyee yea sure i just check it up there only 50 euro.i was no 393 euro i trade in a switch he say no 50. I was are you serious then turn me to manager then he say it on my gamestop card.They made me feel like a prick i end up putting that money off my ps5.i cancel the series x there was 147 off it wouldnt give them anymore of my money.i was then counting it up the manager was like you dont trust me.i gona cancel now and get xbox credit and buy the series x of microsoft store and leave with a smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Just got my preorder in Currys, Jervis - said they will have loads and order for demand.

Went to Smyths on Jervis initially and was told sold out everywhere!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why won't amazon ship straight to the republic of Ireland ? Just as well I went with smyths last night, was gonna wait for amazon this morning, thank god I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Pre order numbers must be through the roof. I missed Smyths last night so keeping an eye today.

On the amazon thing i always find them quite random on what they will and wont send direectly to ireland.

rob808 wrote: »
    i was in gamestop today me:Hi i would like to cancel my nephew ps5 perorder he was like 300 on the list the gamestop empolyee yea sure i just check it up there only 50 euro.i was no 393 euro i trade in a switch he say no 50. I was are you serious then turn me to manager then he say it on my gamestop card.They made me feel like a prick i end up putting that money off my ps5.i cancel the series x there was 147 off it wouldnt give them anymore of my money.i was then counting it up the manager was like you dont trust me.i gona cancel now and get xbox credit and buy the series x of microsoft store and leave with a smile.

Sorry man. Can't understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Currys is the way to go, got mine pre-ordered for €5 and was told tonnes of stock, you have to physically go into the store though, no online or over the phone pre-orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

How much would you get for a PS4 pro on trade in if buying a ps5?

Has anyone put that question to Gamestop yet?

Sorry if it’s been asked already but there’s like 50 pages of stuff here to get through since the price reveal.

I’d be looking at the non disc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Have the 20th booked off to allow for any delivery delay and any updates that can be done while wfh 19th. Only 9 weeks now folks. I'll be 41 by time it's realised but feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, the hype is real!

I'll leave Demon Souls till last minute so! Read into it watch bit of gameplay online wait for reviews etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Nope. My junk mail is working fine and its not there.

Smyths effed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

How much would you get for a PS4 pro on trade in if buying a ps5?

Has anyone put that question to Gamestop yet?

Sorry if it’s been asked already but there’s like 50 pages of stuff here to get through since the price reveal.

I’d be looking at the non disc version.

AFAIK there’s been no trade in deals announced and the priority is just ensuring you can get a console(and it seems like there’ll be less of the digital only version)

You might be better off securing a console wherever you can and trading the PS4 into CEX as they generally have the best value.

jones wrote: »
    On the amazon thing i always find them quite random on what they will and wont send direectly to ireland.
    In the early days this is exactly what it was like, randomly shipping some things and not others. At some point - probably the mid/late 00s they got very consistent and were shipping almost everything (sold directly by Amazon).

I noticed in the last couple of years its gone back to like those early days. Not as bad but heading there. Like you say, random. A PS5 is not something that should be restricted.

The use of services like parcel motel is partly responsible because in the old days people complained when listings erroneously wouldn't ship here. And they got fixed. Nowadays nobody complains, they just use parcel motel and Amazon aren't even aware of the issue, there is no lost sale for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

@Metroid diorteM Same thing happened me i registered with Smyths in July i think and have heard nothing no email and junk mail empty. Seem to have missed the initial traunch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's not gone to any of my folders and I receive Smyths newsletters frequently.

I got my preorder but categorically they did not send emails to everyone who registered interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

To be honest, id say the most common response in his phone and emails is a single letter

"K"

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

i went into gamestop to cancel my nephew ps5 he was high down the list.i had trade in a switch got 343 euro and had 50 euro down on ps5.

He was saying i only had 50 euro down ,i then find out the switch money on my gamestop account from the manager.i cancel it and my series x put the rest of my ps5 fully paid off and 90 euro xbox credit.

i gona cancel it and just get xbox credit to buy series x never buying of gamestop again.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement