Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

.....categorically they did not send emails to everyone who registered interest.

THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

They did send out mails, but no doubt they messed up in some regard so it wouldn't surprise me to hear of people not getting comms. Got two mails to two accounts around midnight - theyd been up for preorder a bit less than an hour before that, and a lot of the click and collect options would be long gone by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

rob808 wrote: »
    i went into gamestop to cancel my nephew ps5 he was high down the list.i had trade in a switch got 343 euro and had 50 euro down on ps5.

He was saying i only had 50 euro down ,i then find out the switch money on my gamestop account from the manager.i cancel it and my series x put the rest of my ps5 fully paid off and 90 euro xbox credit.

i gona cancel it and just get xbox credit to buy series x never buying of gamestop again.

So you're nephew is far down the list of pre orders

You traded in a Nintendo Switch for €343 and €50 deposit so €393 for the Ps5.

But you originally had the €343 against an Xbox pre order, but cancelled that and moved it to the Ps5?

So how do you've the Ps5 paid off plus €90 for an Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I have very little time for the bosses in the souls games. More often than not ill try them a few times and then summon in help and cheer on the superior player from the side lines.

I get great satisfaction from the combat throughout the levels. It's tough but fair. If you try and force your way through you will die, a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

McFly85 wrote: »
    AFAIK there’s been no trade in deals announced and the priority is just ensuring you can get a console(and it seems like there’ll be less of the digital only version)

You might be better off securing a console wherever you can and trading the PS4 into CEX as they generally have the best value.

Cex giving €231 cash for a PS4 pro unboxed.

So €169 to upgrade if I can find a discless Version.

Can’t remember the time I used a game disc so seems pointless going for one of them.

Decisions decisions.

There’s not a lot at launch of the PS5 getting me that excited is the other problem.

The new Ratchet and Clank does look amazing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

stephenl15 wrote: »

But you originally had the €343 against an Xbox pre order, but cancelled that and moved it to the Ps5?

Also how in gods name did you get €343 credit for a switch?? Even with a ton of games it seems generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

He wasn't far down the list, he was high down it!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I don't understand the digital only version of this at all.
    It's only €100 cheaper but then you're tied into paying whatever high prices the want on the PS store forever.
    If the pricing works out similar to how disc vs digital games currently is you'll make your money back ten times over by spending the little bit extra and getting the disc version now and then buying used games, or waiting a few weeks after launch to pick new games up for 50% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

KeithTS wrote: »
    It's only €100 cheaper but then you're tied into paying whatever high prices the want on the PS store forever.
    If the pricing works out similar to how disc vs digital games currently is you'll make your money back ten times over by spending the little bit extra and getting the disc version now and then buying used games, or waiting a few weeks after launch to pick new games up for 50% off.

Yeah sony have you by the balls, but ya know. Effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

i had two ps5 preorder cancel my nephew that had 50 euro use that with the 343 euro on my account and the series x 147 with that of my ps5 that had 50 down so 590.

nephew ps5 50 - 343
    series x - 147
    my ps5 -50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I can't think of anything more horrific than having to root around to change game disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Loads of people(myself included) are digital only already. The prices for games when they’re new is quite high(generally 70), but the PS Store regularly has sales so after a few months you can pick games up cheap-2 years ago at Christmas I got Bloodborne and the Witcher 3 for €15.

I’m always on a backlog so it’s very rare that I buy games day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm coming from Xbox and haven't bought a game on disc in years. The MS store is fairly decent for sales and it's not hard to get cheap keys elsewhere or even switch region to get better prices. I was planning on getting the digital version but a friend warned me off it saying the PS store was a rip, so I've opted for the disc version. I do hate changing discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishnian

Smyths are releasing some from time to time, keep refreshing! I just got one for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Went and pre ordered Cyberpunk there seeing as u get a 5er off the price with Smyths when you pre order for collection. I want to be able to just go in that morning and collect everything no messing around!.

Actually not sure what ps5 game I will go with for launch at this stage to be honest!! Bit mad when you think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

less hassle, gameshare ( which if done with a friend equally minded as yourself saves a tonne of money) ever expanding library, no day one patches, potential to pick up games in other stores.

majority here has psplus so get discounts on already good sales.

buying and trading is basically renting games and you nearly rush through them to get the best price and miss out on potentially any DLC.

Of course if you like the game you dont trade it but then the value vs digital stores isnt that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Went and pre ordered Cyberpunk there seeing as u get a 5er off the price with Smyths when you pre order for collection. I want to be able to just go in that morning and collect everything no messing around!.

Actually not sure what ps5 game I will go with for launch at this stage to be honest!! Bit mad when you think about it.

will the ps4 version work on ps5?

Also does any brick and mortar have the ultimate edition of Spiderman up yet?..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Not to derail but it's funny how Xbox came out in their 2013 press conference with pretty much what people are demanding today but back then there was a massive backlash.

The Xbox One was supposed to launch as a digital console for the most part, and games could be shared with friends online

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

bennyl10 wrote: »
    will the ps4 version work on ps5?

Also does any brick and mortar have the ultimate edition of Spiderman up yet?..

Ya it works they confirmed it while ago there just wont be an actual next gen update for a while.

I've only seen the normal edition from the places I've looked at so far.

Theres a good few games to be added at this stage id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Kilboor wrote: »
    Not to derail but it's funny how Xbox came out in their 2013 press conference with pretty much what people are demanding today but back then there was a massive backlash.

The Xbox One was supposed to launch as a digital console for the most part, and games could be shared with friends online

Not the same at all.

Sony are giving people the option to go digital. MS wanted people to have to be always online regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

irishnian wrote: »
    Smyths are releasing some from time to time, keep refreshing! I just got one for a friend.

What the hell how am i missing these "releases"?

Edit on the currys preorder how does that work if we are in a full lockdown situation? Does the order have to be picked up or can it be delivered? I'm wary of ordering from a store that i have to go to incase the inevitable level 5 lockdown occurs the week of launch ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Cina wrote: »
    Not the same at all.

Sony are giving people the option to go digital. MS wanted people to have to be always online regardless.

Similar I'd argue, we're heading in that direction. Gaming as a service etc even for single player games.

Don't you have to download games even with the disc nowadays on console? That's pretty much always online gaming starting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Different landscape to today in terms of connectivity. Also I don't know if people are really demanding the diskless version just that they're happy enough to take the hit to get the cheaper version of the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I could count the number of physical games I've bought on PS4 on one hand. I'm happy to pay the premium for convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

jones wrote: »

Edit on the currys preorder how does that work if we are in a full lockdown situation? Does the order have to be picked up or can it be delivered? I'm wary of ordering from a store that i have to go to incase the inevitable level 5 lockdown occurs the week of launch ha

I got as far as getting one into my Smyths basket but won't let me proceed, saying out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,097 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

recyclops wrote: »
    less hassle, gameshare ( which if done with a friend equally minded as yourself saves a tonne of money) ever expanding library, no day one patches, potential to pick up games in other stores.

majority here has psplus so get discounts on already good sales.

buying and trading is basically renting games and you nearly rush through them to get the best price and miss out on potentially any DLC.

Of course if you like the game you dont trade it but then the value vs digital stores isnt that great.

You say that like the physical edition doesn't give you that option. But with physical you get just that, options.

But the great physical vs digital war will rage on for another while. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pinkfloyd34

jones wrote: »

Curry's were delivering in full lock down, they are considered essential service, what if your cooker or fridge packed it in, I got a new laptop delivered next day delivery in the full lockdown

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Currys are now out of stock in Ireland in stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Similar I'd argue, we're heading in that direction. Gaming as a service etc even for single player games.

Google's Stadia would suggest we aren't heading in that direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Just got from basket to login and checkout with Smyths, entered card details and hit buy then it went back to out of stock screen. Did this happen anyone else, no sign of a confirmation email and its 3 or 4 mins now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement