Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Ninjavampire

I’ve purchased about 40 physical games this generation. Although I have shifted a lot to digital I always want my physical collection, especially for the big releases.

Have the PS5 preordered from Smyths about 30 mins ago. I don’t know if I’m guaranteed one on day 1 at this stage but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Just got from basket to login and checkout with Smyths, entered card details and hit buy then it went back to out of stock screen. Did this happen anyone else, no sign of a confirmation email and its 3 or 4 mins now
    it should come straight away did for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

rob808 wrote: »

Must not have worked so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Just got from basket to login and checkout with Smyths, entered card details and hit buy then it went back to out of stock screen. Did this happen anyone else, no sign of a confirmation email and its 3 or 4 mins now

Exact same thing happened me. I even got the temporary hold notification for my card but it didnt go through

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

exactly the same happened 10 minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Currys are now out of stock in Ireland in stores.

I paid my €5 in curry’s swords/airside about 20 min ago and no issues. Was told only a couple people have done it. But also told no limit or allocation. The pre order isn’t worth much - my guess is that you need to piece of paper on release day, but it’ll be first come first served.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Rickytumtum

Did you choose home delivery or store pick up? I wonder if makes a diff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Can't get a pre-order anywhere. Oh well I'm not going to worry.

There'll be plenty over the next couple of weeks popping up.

Happens all the time, fools pre-order knowing they don't have to pay then realise they either never wanted it in the first place or can't afford it. Then you have the arseholes who pre-order 5 or 6 for mates that never buy them.

Cina wrote: »
    Not the same at all.

Sony are giving people the option to go digital. MS wanted people to have to be always online regardless.
    Microsoft were going to let you buy a game on disc, install it to the HDD and then put the disc away in it's box. No more disc-swapping.

It needed a periodic online connection so that if sold/traded the disc, they could revoke your license and let the new owner use it. If you didn't have an internet connection, just stick the disc in as per normal.

It was the best of both worlds, convenience of digital with the ability to sell/trade your games.

I’ve purchased about 40 physical games this generation. Although I have shifted a lot to digital I always want my physical collection, especially for the big releases.

Have the PS5 preordered from Smyths about 30 mins ago. I don’t know if I’m guaranteed one on day 1 at this stage but fingers crossed.
    I say smyth should know,gametop don't have clue how many there even getting and there still taking perorders instore.

• Advertisement

Did you choose home delivery or store pick up? I wonder if makes a diff.
    I had home delivery did you pick click and collect.The only different is you can pick up launch day or get it on the day or next with home delivery

Just got the same again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Kilboor wrote: »
    Not to derail but it's funny how Xbox came out in their 2013 press conference with pretty much what people are demanding today but back then there was a massive backlash.

The Xbox One was supposed to launch as a digital console for the most part, and games could be shared with friends online

still the best thing they have ever done, its why i am loyal to them as a customer adn dip into playstation 1 or 2 time a year for exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

With Smyths, what's happening is they're releasing one console (likely someone cancelling their order from last night or whatever) and then the first person who manages to fill out the form gets it. There's likely 100 people trying each time one pops up. So if you don't get an email, you didn't get it, i've failed three times.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishnian

Yeah it took me forever to get one from Smyth, once in the basket I kept switching from home delivery to collection (only collection would work anyway) until it gave me one. Make sure you definitely choose collection, otherwise it will send you back to the basket with an out of stock option. It definitely works, just you need to be lucky I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Currys is the way to go, got mine pre-ordered for €5 and was told tonnes of stock, you have to physically go into the store though, no online or over the phone pre-orders.

I went in and a guy came up to me in the queue and said sold out earlier.... I overheard the guy at the counter who was taking payment for an order at that exact moment and told the woman she had a place in the console queue and they’d be taking loads more orders and work through them one by one....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

irishnian wrote: »
    Yeah it took me forever to get one from Smyth, once in the basket I kept switching from home delivery to collection (only collection would work anyway) until it gave me one. Make sure you definitely choose collection, otherwise it will send you back to the basket with an out of stock option. It definitely works, just you need to be lucky I guess!

Collection wouldn't work for me when I got lucky. I had to chose delivery.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

It could be either, seems to depend on which allocation the "cancellation" came for. I've tried home twice and blanch collection twice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

After paying my 5eur in curry's Galway now. Was told they had no more availability on the digital so I went for disc version. Collection dates seems a bit vague but worth it for a 5eur punt. They had no info on accessories (yet).

Smyth's in store said pre-sale was closed. May be a chance of more stock. They didn't know yet. Seemingly there is an email and text notification for presales. They recommended the text system.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

looks like Smyths got sick of me :) , Add to basket button is gone.

• Advertisement

Ebuyer.co.uk taking perorder but it in pounds with 15 pound delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I paid my €5 in curry’s swords/airside about 20 min ago and no issues. Was told only a couple people have done it. But also told no limit or allocation. The pre order isn’t worth much - my guess is that you need to piece of paper on release day, but it’ll be first come first served.

I was in Currys at 2pm and the manager showed me a notification that went to all stores that from 1pm their allocation was filled.

Was getting it for a mate but perhaps they're into secondary allocation so.

MrZibi wrote: »
    looks like Smyths got sick of me :) , Add to basket button is gone.

I still have one in basket but click and collect gone and home delivery blank

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I still have one in basket but click and collect gone and home delivery blank

Same here, it is a lame duck now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ebuyer.co.uk taking perorder but it in pounds with 15 pound delivery.

Ebuyer have never let me use Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel. They always cancelled my orders in the past. Don't think they're an option for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irishnian

Same here, it is a lame duck now.

Keep trying guys, refresh the page and make sure to select collection, took me around 1-2 hours of clicking and refreshing but I got one, you're allowed to leave your computer in that timeframe, I was working and then circling back to Smyth for updates.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Ebuyer have never let me use Parcel Wizard or Parcel Motel. They always cancelled my orders in the past. Don't think they're an option for us.
    oh that suck

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

irishnian wrote: »
    Keep trying guys, refresh the page and make sure to select collection, took me around 1-2 hours of clicking and refreshing but I got one, you're allowed to leave your computer in that timeframe, I was working and then circling back to Smyth for updates.

Did you get one through the Smyths Ireland or Smyths UK ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Smyths have a message up saying no more pre-orders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

I'm trying to convince myself to stop pursuing this pre-order race, as I just recalled my PS4 pre-order experience, I have receive it day one, and had to wait a while until decent games started to release, just used it once with all these stupid day-one games, and at the end I really needed it when it was already widely available on the market and ps3 trade-ins were accepted.

I assume it will be the same for PS5, so putting this in writing made the idea to leave it alone solid. I'm not even sure why did I bother in the first place, will get it in 2021 when worth-while games are released :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement