Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah i can currently get 237 cash for my pro off cex but I'm trying to figure out when to sell. I have Mafia 1 bought and releasing next Friday so hoping i can squeeze a week out of that and sell it early October. Keeping an eye on cex for any dramatic decrease.

Yeah in the same boat, trying to decide when to trade it and if to go with CEX or Gamestop and use it towards Headphones and maybe PSN credit since I'm getting the digital console. There's no really major game that I'm interested out before launch except for Watch Dogs and AC Valhalla which I could easily wait for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Here's the second one

https://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps5-disc-version/21574145

It's flying up in price :D

Janey some offered 1200. People are mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Here's the second one

https://www.adverts.ie/playstation/ps5-disc-version/21574145

It's flying up in price :D

What a dirt bag. I'd pay €1,500 to watch someone beat him to death with his own PS5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you have a external harddrive of games for ps4, if you plug it into ps5 will it work I wonder?

unhappys10 wrote: »
    What a dirt bag. I'd pay €1,500 to watch someone beat him to death with his own PS5.

I looked at the original ad and the chap who said he had 20 now says he has 30 pre orders. That's mental, might basically make 15k if sold them all for 1k each and that's if he buys them and just doesn't sell the pre order number he has. Like how the f u get 30 of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I looked at the original ad and the chap who said he had 20 now says he has 30 pre orders. That's mental, might basically make 15k if sold them all for 1k each and that's if he buys them and just doesn't sell the pre order number he has. Like how the f u get 30 of them?

If, and it’s a big IF he does, I said it’s a lot of the ‘expressions of Interest’ rather than pre orders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

That same guy had 50 Cyberpunk Xbox Ones back when they came out and also about 30 Animal Crossing Switches which were selling for 500 back in April. I am sure he know someone somewhere to pull that many units. All with receipt etc.

Its similar to those who have 20-30 sealed phone that are 1000+ each. Theres so many of them sellers on Adverts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

bennyl10 wrote: »
    If, and it’s a big IF he does, I said it’s a lot of the ‘expressions of Interest’ rather than pre orders

I say he does tho if you look at his stats on adverts. Just mad tho. I say he/she will definitely get the 30.

dan786 wrote: »
    That same guy had 50 Cyberpunk Xbox Ones back when they came out and also about 30 Animal Crossing Switches which were selling for 500 back in April. I am sure he know someone somewhere to pull that many units. All with receipt etc.

Its similar to those who have 20-30 sealed phone that are 1000+ each. Theres so many of them sellers on Adverts now.
    Has to know someone in the know no other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

recyclops wrote: »
    Realistically sony/retailers ****ed this up and people where caught out, can't blame people for that.

What happened to the Sony invite only pre orders we all got emails about?

That was for Sony direct sales which they don't do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,098 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If you have a external harddrive of games for ps4, if you plug it into ps5 will it work I wonder?
    Was about to point out it says that in this link. i'm assuming it's not limited to gold PS5s. :)
    Wing126 wrote: »
    Janey some offered 1200. People are mad.

And he turned it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

It's not strictly related, but is the PlayStation EU blog redirecting to the US blog for anyone else?

Wanted to view the PS5 price article on the EU site, but I can't get to it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm just gonna put this out there, can we have a separate thread for PS5 Pre-Order chat? I'm sure there's still features and extras regarding the PS5 to be announced, don't want to have to read through pages of pre-order issues...

Just an idea!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was about to point out it says that in this link. i'm assuming it's not limited to gold PS5s. :)

Will you be able to play the ps4 games though is what I should have asked.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    It's not strictly related, but is the PlayStation EU blog redirecting to the US blog for anyone else?

Wanted to view the PS5 price article on the EU site, but I can't get to it! :eek:

They have consolidated all the regional blogs into a single one so no more US or EU blogs

CastorTroy wrote: »

And he turned it down.

Crazy offering it crazy not accepting it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

They have consolidated all the regional blogs into a single one so no more US or EU blogs

Load of bollix! :pac:

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Load of bollix! :pac:
    Yep and they don't even post about sales in the store anymore. I have noticed that all regional stores get the same sales with the odd difference and now start on Wednesdays worldwide. Sales in the US store used to launch on Tuesdays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Argos.co.uk struggling already. Maybe it's my broadband.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Anyone seeing the PS5 on sale on Argos yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Not sure if it means anything but Currys.ie just went down for 'maintenance'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Same with the Currys UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

It's probably the demand for the XBox Series X. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Nothing on argos yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Same with the Currys UK site.

Sharing same servers with Argos lol
    Nothing on either Argos site. Argos are a bit sh!t at this kind of thing aren’t they.

Wonder will this be the replacement URL for the pre order

[url] https://competitions.argos.co.uk/ps5_register_your_interest/?tag=ar:search:m020:registeryourinterestps5[/url]

This url seems to be really slow it’s where you could register your interest for pre order and it’s now throwing up an error or else not loading at all.
    Mind you it’s UK

padair wrote: »
    Nothing on argos yet

A lot of the times argos don't update change prices till about 2 or 3 in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Got register your interest on argos.ie not much good ibreckon

• Advertisement

Irish URL acting up now as well

https://competitions.argos.ie/email_signup/ps5_register_your_interest

It’s coming

Edit:
    No no, it’s not.
    Another **** show. Pre orders will go live at some complete random time and nobody will have a clue and then they’ll all be gone within seconds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement