Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

leex wrote: »
    Are they a reliable source?

Scan? Biggest PC parts and peripherals retailer in the UK, yeah I'd not have any qualms about them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

MrManBuz wrote: »
    What's even more annoying is I just checked my bank account and there's two pending transactions from argos... So I didn't even get an order and now I've got a grand locked up in processing to be released god knows when.

I wish I could just go to bed, feel like a right gob****e staying up the whole night now, guess I'll have to have an extra coffee... Or 3 today.

Ouch was this using a credit or debit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Tried on Argos UK at around 6am - sold out. Does anyone know if they'll be available on Argos.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrManBuz

Ouch was this using a credit or debit card?

Debit. I'm sure it'll be released within a week or so, but still. Just feels like the perfect slap to the face for my efforts of pulling an all-nighter 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

theteal wrote: »
    Scan? Biggest PC parts and peripherals retailer in the UK, yeah I'd not have any qualms about them

Got a nvidia shield pro off them for my parents when they were sold out back in April .actually delivered it ahead of time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 MrManBuz

padair wrote: »
    There are still consoles available on scan.co.uk

Legend! Just placed my order. Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Just got one on scan.co.uk, used them to buy a graphics card a few years ago and had no issues.

I notice the site says it's not guaranteed on launch though so I've sent a query to them to see if they have an estimate of the queue times etc hopefully they get back soon, avoided GameStop for the uncertainty and now I've paid 500 euro for uncertainty :(

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Kremin wrote: »
    Just got one on scan.co.uk, used them to buy a graphics card a few years ago and had no issues.

I notice the site says it's not guaranteed on launch though so I've sent a query to them to see if they have an estimate of the queue times etc hopefully they get back soon, avoided GameStop for the uncertainty and now I've paid 500 euro for uncertainty :(

I deal with scan quite a bit in my work. Good company but their stock is mostly linked to amazon.

I expect amazon will give them a % of their allocation

R.F. wrote: »
    I deal with scan quite a bit in my work. Good company but their stock is mostly linked to amazon.

I expect amazon will give them a % of their allocation

Guess we'll just have to wait and see if they're selling an unlimited number of pre-orders to join a queue like GS or if they're limiting it to what they think their allocation will be.

First time in my life I've been in a position to get a console day one and people are buying them up just to resell on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Stephen.Walsh_

seems to still be available on scan.co.uk for anyone looking

• Advertisement

seems to still be available on scan.co.uk for anyone looking

Having a quick look on twitter it looks like everyone was posting about ordering on scan last night and given how quick Argos sold out this morning in the UK alone I'm not too hopeful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Is pre order on scan.co.uk a guarantee before Christmas guys? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Scan wont have them till January. They dont get any allocation.

They are allowinh unlimited preorders as they clearly state they cant guarantee a delivery date.

The_Mask wrote: »
    Is pre order on scan.co.uk a guarantee before Christmas guys? TIA

No guarantee as far as I can see, I've emailed them and will let you know if they can give a rough idea.

Thanks guys was just about to put in credit card details but won't buy if not a guarantee for crimbo. Still in my checkout if any use somehow to someone?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,305 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Personally I'll be buying from an Irish outlet.

Sending money to the UK with the on-coming recession, doesn't sit right with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Are Currys still taking in store pre-orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Markitron wrote: »
    Are Currys still taking in store pre-orders?

I went into Jervis yesterday evening and was told all sold out.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ended up joining the Gamestop queue. Buying for my son for Xmas but am guessing it's unlikely at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

handy stock tracker page here lads just setup an alert for PS5, this worked wonders for me in the past for a very very in demand snow glow elsa :-)

https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-ps5-playstation-5-console

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Synode wrote: »
    Ended up joining the Gamestop queue. Buying for my son for Xmas but am guessing it's unlikely at this stage

As much as I would never trust Gamestop, what is sold out now is likely just the day one shipments. I think you will be fine for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

dan786 wrote: »
    Scan wont have them till January. They dont get any allocation.

They are allowinh unlimited preorders as they clearly state they cant guarantee a delivery date.

How do you know this?

Markitron wrote: »
    As much as I would never trust Gamestop, what is sold out now is likely just the day one shipments. I think you will be fine for Christmas.

Lad I know who pre-ordered in June from GS was told it wasn't guaranteed before next may but that could've just been a pissed off staff getting asked the same question 50 times an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Kremin wrote: »
    Lad I know who pre-ordered in June from GS was told it wasn't guaranteed before next may but that could've just been a pissed off staff getting asked the same question 50 times an hour

Yeah they told me no guarantee before Christmas and placed my order in Mrach

Guys I've just talked to an Argos manager & they said Argos Ireland are not doing pre orders like UK. Has anyone actually seen Irish Argos pre orders confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

padair wrote: »
    How do you know this?

Scan dont get any allocation from Sony. They say on their site they cant guarantee a date at all.

They are taking preorders since last night and still im stock. They are not limiting the numbers as they dont have to guarantee a date. So they will take whatever preorders they get and fufil them whenever they get stock next year

The_Mask wrote: »
    Guys I've just talked to an Argos manager & they said Argos Ireland are not doing pre orders like UK. Has anyone actually seen Irish Argos pre orders confirmed?

That is correct. You need to get on the site the night before to order it like normal with Argos for in store pick up

Its usually around midnight when their site gets updated with stock

Ask him when they will be on the system sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

That is correct. You need to get on the site the night before to order it like normal with Argos for in store pick up

Its usually around midnight when their site gets updated with stock

Ask him when they will be on the system sure.
    So I'm guessing there'll be overnight queuing? As someone who hasn't preordered I'd have to this to secure one!

So I'm guessing there'll be overnight queuing? As someone who hasn't preordered I'd have to this to secure one!

Well you wold hope that they don't all get reserved at midnight the night before and that staff haven't held them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Yeah they told me no guarantee before Christmas and placed my order in Mrach

I wonder how far back you would have to have "pre-ordered" in order to be told you're guaranteed, or if they're just gonna **** all y'all over and not have any sort of queue system based on how long you've had a "pre-order".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement