Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PlayStation 5 - Now with FAQ in OP.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DylanGTi

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I went into Jervis yesterday evening and was told all sold out.

Homestly, I'm happy to hear that they just aren't loading up on pre-orders they know they can't fulfill unlike places like Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Wing126 wrote: »
    I wonder how far back you would have to have "pre-ordered" in order to be told you're guaranteed, or if they're just gonna **** all y'all over and not have any sort of queue system based on how long you've had a "pre-order".

I wonder. Have a back up pre order with Smyth's just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

I have one in my basket with Argos.co.uk now. I got right to the payment stage but I didn't pay as I don't need it.

I used Parcel Motel and their postcode when browsing the site. I also registered so I'm logged into Argos.

I've no idea if they'll cancel a Parcel Motel order but it's worth a punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First look at the retail box
    ps5-digital-box-768x526.jpg

ps5-box-e1600328183123-768x428.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Pipmae wrote: »
    I have one in my basket with Argos.co.uk now. I got right to the payment stage but I didn't pay as I don't need it.

I used Parcel Motel and their postcode when browsing the site. I also registered so I'm logged into Argos.

I've no idea if they'll cancel a Parcel Motel order but it's worth a punt!

When you go to check out they are not available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gamestop removed me from their queue with little fuss.
    I wouldn't mind buying from them locally and may still do. At least the money stays in Ireland somewhat but wasn't happy with how they went about it.
    After getting caught up in the hype I preordered on their site and only later discovered they couldn't guarantee anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Pipmae

JimmyVik wrote: »
    When you go to check out they are not available

Ah possibly. I got right to the payment page when it looks for debit card number, etc so it looks very promising to complete the order. Too good to be true!

I'm going to cancel the transaction now so it will be interesting to see if one appears back in stock for delivery using BT364PE as the postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Scan updated ps5 page

1 per customer and placing a Pre Order does not guarantee stock on launch but all orders are processed in date/time order of first come first served basis and will be shipped when stock is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Guy get ready tonight and tomorrow for second wave of perorders according to www.gamesradar.com.Take with a grain of salt of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I assume anyone who managed to get a pre-order from Smyths will be guaranteed one on launch?

Also, what’s people’s experience with home delivery from them, do they generally deliver on launch day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

I assume anyone who managed to get a pre-order from Smyths will be guaranteed one on launch?

Also, what’s people’s experience with home delivery from them, do they generally deliver on launch day?

Everyone that ordered Digital version through Smyths on launch day, waiting....

EV8mpm6XsAAhow4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

A desperate move, but if any kind soul is willing to offer an unwanted pre-order I'd be much appreciative.

Need one for Christmas (not launch day) for a young man's present, and starting to worry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Everyone that ordered Digital version through Smyths on launch day, waiting....

EV8mpm6XsAAhow4.jpg

It’s going to a strange one waiting for delivery, then getting everything set up, then waiting again for the games to download.. can’t wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I wouldn't take it as gospel, but honestly that is as safe a pre-order as you are likely to get. I have never had home delivery of a pre-ordered console, but I have gotten plenty of games from them and they all arrived on or before release.

Smyths are the safe bet in all this, it was actually reassuring that they closed their pre-orders so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

A desperate move, but if any kind soul is willing to offer an unwanted pre-order I'd be much appreciative.

Need one for Christmas (not launch day) for a young man's present, and starting to worry now.

Ya might get lucky someone might have one but there will still be plenty of chances to pick one up im sure! Harvey Norman Argos and DID i am sure will get a certain amount in at some stage. You could always call in and ask them.

Keep checking online sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I'm in same position it's frustrating and scumbags selling preorders on ebay for 700plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I never pre-ordered the PS4, ended up getting one on launch day in Argos. Went online around 5:30am - 6am that day and nabbed a reservation (not in my local, but next nearest).

Got up this morning at 3am for Argos.co.uk, have a friend lined up in UK and all who is home at X-mas who could have taken delivery. No sign.

Set alarm for 6am, and website was already amidst the usual slow down. Painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Hope PS5 download speeds are good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭ALS

Scan have updated their PS 5 page

"We have turned off pre-orders for the moment and confirming with Sony Entertainment launch stock availability - Thank you everyone that pre-ordered with Scan Computers and fingers crossed for you all as we hope to let as many people as possible receive a console on launch

1 per customer and placing a Pre Order does not guarantee stock on launch but all orders are processed in date/time order of first come first served basis and will be shipped when stock is available"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Youll get one for Christmas easy.
    No way Sony arent going to have enough his time to meet Christmas demand. If people dont get them for christmas they'll wait a year until next christmas before buying them.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Youll get one for Christmas easy.
    No way Sony arent going to have enough his time to meet Christmas demand. If people dont get them for christmas they'll wait a year until next christmas before buying them.
    Yep my last resort is buy a second hand PS4 + FIFA 21 if I can't get one.
    Will look at PS5 then a year or two later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Hi try harvey norman was in there yesterday the guy said sony hasn't contact them yet on how many they get so you might be able to get one in there at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

526680.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's all you parents buying them for your kids that's leaving a shortage for us manbabys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Is there a price on a controller yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Cienciano wrote: »
    Is there a price on a controller yet?

60 pounds on Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's all you parents buying them for your kids that's leaving a shortage for us manbabys.

Most of them will have missed the boat I'd have thought with the short notice

They're more likely to be the ones entertaining the scalpers cause they're panicking about not being able to get one for Xmas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement